[Game] Pistons @ Kings- 11/11/15 - 7 PT, 10 ET

gunks

Hall of Famer
Unless we get hyped from the team meeting, Detroit is killing us.

Cuz needs to keep calm and beast. He gets frustrated..... Drummond kills him. He stays focused...... Drummond ends up on the bench with foul trouble.

I have read several posts saying in essence Cousins can't duel with Drummond. Granted, Drummond has certainly improved and is off to a superb start this season. And I admit I am a little biased and also do not have all the stats to support this, but I do not recall any time since both came into the league when Drummond dominated the Bogie Monster. And I have the utmost confidence it is not going to happen tomorrow night. Go Kings!!!

PS (I can't imagine anyone looking forward to facing Cousins a day after he personally called for a team meeting :eek:)!
Drummond gets hyped at the moment. He has improved quite a bit - solid jumphooks, a faceup drive and sometimes he can show you the spin move, but he easily gets out of control doing it. Defensively he doesn't convince me at all. He seems to be out of position time after time and doesn't challenge shots well for a player this athletic.
We need to keep him of the glass and with Cuz and Kosta we have the players able to do just that.
I'm way more concerned about Reggie Jackson, KCP and Morris. Those guys can tear our perimeter defense to pieces in a heartbeat.

K

KingMilz

Drummond gets hyped at the moment. He has improved quite a bit - solid jumphooks, a faceup drive and sometimes he can show you the spin move, but he easily gets out of control doing it. Defensively he doesn't convince me at all. He seems to be out of position time after time and doesn't challenge shots well for a player this athletic.
We need to keep him of the glass and with Cuz and Kosta we have the players able to do just that.
I'm way more concerned about Reggie Jackson, KCP and Morris. Those guys can tear our perimeter defense to pieces in a heartbeat.
KCP has also now shown he could defend at a high level which makes drafting Ben hurt that much more. I agree with you about Drummond and his D but I cant believe how much better his touch is around the rim now days.

KCP has also now shown he could defend at a high level which makes drafting Ben hurt that much more. I agree with you about Drummond and his D but I cant believe how much better his touch is around the rim now days.
Everytime I watch the Pistons I catch myself thinking: "If only Cuz would have so much space making his moves"
I wonder if this is all because of the additional shooting, or if teams are daring Drummond to beat them right now and will change their defensive approach later in the season.
KCP developed his game quicker than Ben. But I'm unsure, if this is because Ben was the wrong pick or if the 3 different coaches, the unstability of the franchise and the changes in the general playstyle he was expected to adjust on the fly while starting have something to do with it.

I expect this to be a very deflating loss. Pistons are good this year, Drummond can easily get Cuz in foul trouble, and we're just not very good at all generally speaking.

We really need this one though. Hope we come out with energy and stick with it for the full 48.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I truly think this is the game that will define how the rest of our season goes. Detroits bench is dead last in the league in scoring so I'm not too worried about 1 pg for the game. If we lose we might be in for a disastrous season
I'm generally adverse to predicting the rest of a season based on one game, but I do think how the team comes out tonight is going to be a reflection of the meeting they had. If they play hard and show hustle, heart, energy and effort, then I think we still have a chance to make some noise. If they come out without those 4 keys, I'm going to have difficulty believing we can get to a good place.

As an aside, the place will be rocking. Veterans' Day games bring out the best in the fans, so the team should be able to feed off the energy.

Karl will have some say here too.

For those who have not noticed, Andre Drummond, OUR Andre Drummond, the player I was demanding we draft when we took Thomas Robinson instead (f u Maloofs+ Petrie!!! ****!!!) has been going off in epic fashion now that Stan Van Gundy has finally cleared the frontcourt of every other player of size. Before the Golden State game he was AVERAGING 20pts 20rebs, which I think was last done by Wilt.

Thing is, part of that formula is its Dre vs. your center, and then SVG tries to force every other player on the floor to be a SF/PF tops. Then Dre kicks your C's ass, and overwhelms all the midgets. Well a) Dre may not kick Cuz's ass if we let Cuz be Cuz. But B) if Karl is smart he'll keep a second 7 footer out there next to Cuz and we'll double big body Drummond out of the monster game, and screw Ersan Ilyasoava or the weaker Morris twin. Let them try to beat us without the big guy having a big game.

Or, as the season has gone so far, Karl just goes small, puts Cuz and Drummond on an island, and hopefully Cuz still wins that, but every time he has to step up to challenge penetration, nobody behind him will stand a chance.
WCS is the perfect sidekick to team up with Cousins to put a stop to Van Gundy's One Big Player nonsense. WCS should be able to defend any of the imposter PF's Van Gundy sends out. I wish Karl would quit worrying about trying to "match up" and pound it inside and let the wing spot up for threes.

I'm looking forward to going to this one. Heart won't be enough though, we need to take this game.

Starting to get pissed off about the guard situation, we should of kept Miller.

K

KingMilz

I'm looking forward to going to this one. Heart won't be enough though, we need to take this game.

It's weird he went to another place where he wouldn't play instead of staying with us.......

It's weird he went to another place where he wouldn't play instead of staying with us.......
We sort of ran out of loot and roster space.

We had a prior Karl guy, a guy who knows how to run an offense, a guy who wanted to stay here on the cheap. And we filled the latter part of our roster with a whole lot less if you ask me.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Of course it would nto have mattered if he's been hurt too the way Curry is.

then again Dre Miller never gets hurt.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Unless we get hyped from the team meeting, Detroit is killing us.

Cuz needs to keep calm and beast. He gets frustrated..... Drummond kills him. He stays focused...... Drummond ends up on the bench with foul trouble.
As long as he doesn't bail Drummond out by jacking up threes....if you're going to get blocked by Drummond then do so by being in the paint.

It wasn't long ago when we all saw that this year's team playing well and were well on their way to being a good team. Remember how we played relatively well in game 1? Then we demolished the lakers like a good team would. Then we had another close game even without Cousins in the 2nd half against the Clippers. I don't know about others, but I had the feeling that we were a new and improved team. Then Cousins is out with injury.

My point is, the team wasn't helpless like they look now before Cousins went out with the injury. Yes, we played like trash and some players weren't all there mentally during those 4 games. We hung around about even through 3 quarters with the Spurs as soon as Cousins came back.

All the Kings really need to do is figure out a better way to use Cousins and how to get everyone on the same page. No more max pace for no reason. Push when there is a long rebound but slow it down and throw it in to the big man when there is no reason to push. We can't play like Karl's Nuggets because we aren't. Karl needs to know that we'll be fine.