[Game] Pistons @ Kings- 11/11/15 - 7 PT, 10 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
i couldn't care less who is the rookie and who is the veteran. The fact is the team plays better with Willie on the court, so he needs not be benched for 2 entire quarters

Willie isn't like the normal rookie that might screw the game up in crunch time, he barely touches the ball, you don't have to worry about him doing dumb stuff. He knows his role and contributes without the ball.

im not saying play him 38 minutes. but he needs more than 16
And that's why you'll probably never coach in the NBA.

Take a breath, dude. We won.

The pace was too fast for this group...
The team does not have enough creative scorers (see Ben, Anderson, WCS) or finishers in the open court except Ben, DC and Omri to play break neck pace. Accelerating the pace beyond comfort zone and collective skill subjects the team to more botched plays.
One curious fact:
If you're talking about PACE as the NBA's statistical term (higher pace meaning shorter possessions => more possessions per game) -

Then so far this year Ben is indeed one of our highest pace rotation players (Is he still that?), right behind DMC (whos numbers are based on 4 games and may be skewed by the first 3 being super-high-tempo).

Casspi, on the other hand, is quite shockingly one of the top moderators of Kings' pace (together with WCS)!
Just look at this advanced stats table, sorted by pace (look far to the right)

Eye-test aside, I believe the slightly slower pace with Casspi is consistent throughout last season as well (at least with Karl).
I'll try to verify later.

How can it be?
(Omri? Slow pace?
Defies logic, right?)

It might be a good thing (some extra ball movement on the lineup with Omri in it, as some suggested),
Or a bad thing (slower decision making or holding on to the ball too long),
Or perhaps it's just that Rudy takes his shots/drives earlier in the offensive possession (folowing Karl's instructions, I believe) than Omri does.

Just thought it was worth mentioning. :)

Last edited: