[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he didn't BAN them, he took away their media pass, which is somewhat a different thing.
That may be distinction without a difference, as far as the reporters are concerned. Sure, they can buy tickets or watch the games on TV like anyone else, but that's not really how they do their jobs. Even in today's world where everyone can have a blog, it's still the reporters who actually talk to players, coaches, and staff that break the important news.

Semantics aside, my opinion of Cuban has increased dramatically since I took special pleasure in the Kings embarrassing his Mavs in the early 2000s. But this is a boneheaded move. He's telling ESPN to get lost unless they devote a full time reporter to the team? Talk about arrogant. Stein is generally favorable to the Mavs, too. I just don't get it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There has to be more to the story. Cuban is usually very good at manipulating the media. Where's one of those "sources close to the organization" leaks by Woj when we really need it?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The Clippers Detroit game... I had to stare at the score for a few minutes.
Why? :)

For the past couple of nights the East has been doing its very best to restablish itself as the Least on apparently an eternal basis, even in a year when the West is blatantly a shell of what it once was.

Why? :)

For the past couple of nights the East has been doing its very best to restablish itself as the Least on apparently an eternal basis, even in a year when the West is blatantly a shell of what it once was.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I think I checked the score before all the starters were yanked for the game for the Clippers. The East doesn't disappoint does it?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Losing Dirk and Deron to more injuries has actually somehow helped the Mavs to win games.

Also 2-0 since banning Marc Stein from their arena.

Orlando gets blown out by the Timberwolves 123-107.

There's really no reason why we should've lost to that team. Fournier is their best player. Vucevic is having a down year. Ibaka has continued to decline. Payton hasn't improved very much since last season. Gordon improved, but showed a lot of rawness.

They're definitely a team that we should've beat. They basically gutted themselves of a lot of talent.

Next time.....

Bricklayer

Orlando gets blown out by the Timberwolves 123-107.

There's really no reason why we should've lost to that team. Fournier is their best player. Vucevic is having a down year. Ibaka has continued to decline. Payton hasn't improved very much since last season. Gordon improved, but showed a lot of rawness.

They're definitely a team that we should've beat. They basically gutted themselves of a lot of talent.

Next time.....
We only had one player show up on the plane after Miami. And then none at all flew out of Orlando.

If you think that ref nonsense isn't demoralizing you would be wrong.

We only had one player show up on the plane after Miami. And then none at all flew out of Orlando.

If you think that ref nonsense isn't demoralizing you would be wrong.
Miami game was definitely hard to swallow, but it just felt like the Kings should've came back with a W vs imo...one of the weakest teams in the East. We can't win every game, but hopefully we do win the next time we play them again.

Harrison Barnes is putting up amazing numbers for Dallas along with good defense. I'm really not sure why so many kings fans were opposed to him.

I really wanted the Kings to offer a potential max to Barnes. He's proving his worth right now. He's been having to carry a bunch of bench players on the Mavs team, and he's done a good job of it. Not great, but good job. Would be a great #2 scorer next to Cousins.

Oh well.

Bricklayer

Harrison Barnes is putting up amazing numbers for Dallas along with good defense. I'm really not sure why so many kings fans were opposed to him.

I really wanted the Kings to offer a potential max to Barnes. He's proving his worth right now. He's been having to carry a bunch of bench players on the Mavs team, and he's done a good job of it. Not great, but good job. Would be a great #2 scorer next to Cousins.

Oh well.
H Barnes 38.7min 22.3pts (.508 .346 .920) 5.9reb 0.9ast 0.4stl 0.1blk 1.1TO .586TS% 19.2PER
Rudy Gay 34.0min 22.4pts (.492 .458 .784) 5.4reb 2.6ast 1.3stl 0.9blk 1.5TO .587TS% 23.6PER

*shrug*

Bricklayer

as an aside anybody who doubted my description of what Portland was and was not should just take a look at the boxscore for tonight's game. The ONLY thing that makes them formidable is Dame going insane every night. And tonight, when he crashed to the ground hard (which around here would automatically lead to borderline trolls calling for him to be traded), they are completely helpless. Just 1 big star and a support group.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899565

Charlotte off to a 6-1 start...ex-Kings Belli, Sessions, and Hawes all had solid contributions off the bench. They've had a very easy schedule and will be tested the next two with Toronto and Cleveland.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
So, former Sacramento King Shelden Williams, who made roughly $12.3M during his NBA career, and another few million overseas, has filed for divorce from his wife, WNBA star (and reigning WNBA Finals MVP) Candace Parker. In addition to joint custody of their seven year-old daughter, he has also requested spousal support.

Candace Parker's WNBA salary is around $110,000. Now, that's some audacity for your ass!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Oh well.
He's pretty much been scoring points because, well, somebody needs to score points on the Mavs or else they'd be losing by fifty every night. He's been playing very well, sure, but compared to the rest of that roster, he'd have to play like crap to play "bad".

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Clippers continue their drubbing of teams, this time around it's against the T-Wolves...who are really struggling early in the season, bit of a surprise? We will see in 20-30 games if this continues.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
So, former Sacramento King Shelden Williams, who made roughly $12.3M during his NBA career, and another few million overseas, has filed for divorce from his wife, WNBA star (and reigning WNBA Finals MVP) Candace Parker. In addition to joint custody of their seven year-old daughter, he has also requested spousal support.

Candace Parker's WNBA salary is around $110,000. Now, that's some audacity for your ass!
smh

K

KingMilz

The Nets are 4-6 despite missing both there PG's in Lin (2nd best player) and Vasquez (waived) and Brook Lopez sitting at times and on a minute restriction. Trevor Booker is my new favorite player the dude goes so HARD every game (probably the most underrated athlete in the NBA) he's literally been a key in winning all those 4 games. RHJ looks something like MKG despite having no picks and little to no talent Kenny Atkinson has got them playing hard for the first 10 games at least I doubt they can keep the win pace up due to there talent level but super entertaining team.

Kilpatrick looks like a very decent combo guard....not bad for the team predicted to be worst in the NBA for now.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
both meetings versus the Warriors the Suns managed to hang in there with them through the majority of the game. Wiggins goes berserk tonight versus the Lakers, Ibaka gets the game winning shot and a career high to boot, good on him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kris Dunn hasn't had a great start to his NBA career. The T-Wolves probably can't afford to trade either Rubio or Tyus at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.