[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pelicans now 2-0 with the return of Jrue, who had another solid performance. Wall & Beal score 34 each and they still lose to Miami, at home to boot...wow, fire sale needs to happen pretty soon over there in the nations capital. Grizzlies holding the T-Wolves to 52 points through three quarters, that identity is still there despite Hollins & Joerger gone.

oh guys, look. Stauskas is finally turning into a real NBA player

10pts 2.5rebs 1ast on
55.3%/45.7%/81%

Maybe we shouldn't have given up on him so early?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Buddy Hield is off to an inauspicious start to his NBA career. .244 from three point range.

Also, the Pelicans are starting to play good basketball and I'm really not sure why the hell it took them getting Jrue back to do it seeing as he's still playing restricted minutes.

Jamal Murray had perhaps the best game by a rookie in the NBA this season as the Nuggets continue to find ways to win despite not really having anyone that really qualifies as a "go-to talent". (We probably still should have gone after Wilson Chandler when we had the chance though).

The Portland Trailblazers on the other hand are struggling.

I'm not sure if I'd call it parity but after the first four or five teams, the West is a wide open field of crazy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As much poopoo I've given our draftpicks, at least Richardson is looking more promising in the DL now.

His game winner from the other night: https://streamable.com/2ov2
He's getting to the line like he's James Harden or something. Also was good to see Skal have a nice game.

Papa looks slightly more competent playing against (Jaleel) Cousins than he probably does in practice against Demarcus Cousins

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Cleveland has 81 points in the first half...my goodness. That has to be the NBA record, no? Portland's defense is on the Kings' level of last season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Stauskas shot a two instead of a three with his team down three in the closing moments of double overtime, misses it anyways.

He's been looking better and better but what the hell was he thinking.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Stauskas shot a two instead of a three with his team down three in the closing moments of double overtime, misses it anyways.

He's been looking better and better but what the hell was he thinking.
Then he overcompensates and hurts himself in the meaningless final seconds. Hot mama, that sauce has been out in the sun too long.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pelicans now 4-0 since the return of Holiday, can they keep it going? the Brow is incredible to watch, hopefully he stays healthy for the duration of the season.

So I just wanted to watch highlights of Kevin Loves hot shooting game against the Blazers the other night and guess what: one of the youtube highlight makers made a video of it but also showed highlights of Klay Thompsons 37 point quarter against us.

The real highlight however is being remined of how terrible our FO has been. Our lineup seriously was Demarcus Cousins - Quincy Miller (???) - Coke Machine Derrick Williams - Skinny Ben Mclemore - Darren Collison. It also doesnt get much better as we apparently tried to defend Thompson with Nik Stauskas who looks like he so desperately tried to bulk up that he nearly weighed as much as Demarcus.
Makes me really appreciate our roster of true NBA players this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.