[NBA] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (OCT/NOV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best scenario for them, though understandable with both Paul and Griffin looking ahead at summer 2017 - they might be exhausted by the time POs start.

OKC is on a 4 game losing streak - they too face the possibility, that their star will be out of breath by the ASG.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
After a hot start, the Thunder have lost four in a row, all while Russ continues to look like he could be the first guy to average a triple double in a season.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It was stated on a number of occasions that the Raptors were last in the league in assists, yet here they are at 7-3...their chuckers must really be something special

Correct! That would be the 61-62 season.
My boy Earvin averaged 18.6, 9.6 rebs and 9.5 assists over 78 games in 1981/82. That's the closest anyone has gotten to a legit 3/2 since Oscar. In 18 playoff games in 1980 as a rookie, he averaged 18.3, 10.5 rebs, 9.4 assists. Overall, he averaged a 3/2 in his first 48 playoff games total (1979-83). He only got THREE! first place votes for ROY to Bird's 21. Imagine having to accept that kinda vote after doing all that.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
My boy Earvin averaged 18.6, 9.6 rebs and 9.5 assists over 78 games in 1981/82. That's the closest anyone has gotten to a legit 3/2 since Oscar. In 18 playoff games in 1980 as a rookie, he averaged 18.3, 10.5 rebs, 9.4 assists. Overall, he averaged a 3/2 in his first 48 playoff games total (1979-83). He only got THREE! first place votes for ROY to Bird's 21. Imagine having to accept that kinda vote after doing all that.
To be fair, Larry Bird was also pretty damn good at basketball.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wizards are a joke, they are going to regret giving Beal that big money...he can't ever stay healthy, Wall is in the tier 2 of PG's unfortunately, they are only spinning the wheel here.

In other news, this Clippers/Grizzlies game is a fun one, lots of physical play and all out hustle, I can appreciate this type of basketball.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wizards are a joke, they are going to regret giving Beal that big money...he can't ever stay healthy, Wall is in the tier 2 of PG's unfortunately, they are only spinning the wheel here.

In other news, this Clippers/Grizzlies game is a fun one, lots of physical play and all out hustle, I can appreciate this type of basketball.
I can't decide whether the Grizzlies are a good team on the decline or a bad team that still occasionally shows flashes of goodness.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
one would only wish the Kings had the assets to pull a trade off for Wall
I have been poking around that one all week on the same theory, but just do not see it. The Wiz will try to get a true franchise player package for him if they ever move him, even though he's not.

So we're both old and bad. Things can only go up from here.
I don't know... I thought the 49ers couldn't get anymore worse than they did in 2015. In 2015, 4 key players retired. Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Chris Borland, and Anthony Davis. All 4 guys were top players at their position. In that very same order, it would be equivalent to: Paul George, Dwayne Wade, Justise Winslow, and Derrick Favors ALL retiring. This isn't an exaggeration at all. These guys were just that good.

We also fired one of the best NFL coaches, and promoted a DL. Had loads of QB problems. I won't go more into it, because it was truly, a crazy season.

Fast forward 1 year? We're worse.

So I won't be too naive to think that about the Kings... the 49ers already tricked me once. Quote by George Bush: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
and I thought the Kings were miserable on offense, Mavericks score 64 points in total versus Memphis. o_O
Yeah, but Rick Carlisle is a good coach... or something.

The Blazers also appear to really be cooling off. The West is sorta all meh after the Clippers and Warriors (even the Spurs are inconsistent right now)

Pelicans won with Jrue Holiday returning...they'll be passing us in the standings soon. Your Sacramento Kings, soon to be the worst team in the West! And this was Vlade's effort at putting together a playoff team...lol, we don't even need to tank on purpose.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Pelicans won with Jrue Holiday returning...they'll be passing us in the standings soon. Your Sacramento Kings, soon to be the worst team in the West! And this was Vlade's effort at putting together a playoff team...lol, we don't even need to tank on purpose.
Jrue with 21 points and 7 dimes in 19 minutes of play in his season debut. He will be a big help for Davis, who has had none until that point. Tyreke is coming back within the next two weeks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.