Kings trade JT, Nik and Landry to Sixers (renamed)

And when do we have to? This franchise has been at the bottom of the the league for a decade now. Our franchise player has one foot out the door and people are complaining that the Kings gave up a protected first round pick to go after a FA that will keep Cousins around.

Would you rather have a pick outside the top 10 or Cousins?
You are not getting what I'm saying, I think we should've done a salary dump- but we should've constructed it better... I like the product we buyed, dislike the price we paid for it- you get what I'm saying?

Top 3 in the league? Really? Were the Blazers with Matthews a top 3 team last year? Their roster from top to bottom was better than what we're trying to put together.
DMC trumps anything else they trot out.

People need to realize: talent in the NBA does not increase on a linear scale. It increases exponentially as you get near the top, and especially when you are talking about the top 5 or so elite players. DMC is one of those. LMA is not. LMA is very, very good, but Cousins is not only better, his impact on the game (on a team properly constructed surrounded by talent/shooters/defense) is exponentially better. That's the difference.

You are joking right?

top 3 in talent? that's a bold and false statement... I think you forget to add a zero and meant top 30 most talented team- that I can agree with...
Cousins, WCS, Matthews, Rondo, and Gay.

Add a stellar bench PG in Collison, and possible breakout year from McLemore...

That is a top 3-5 talent starting five in the league. That you continue to blurt out things like your post above means you shouldn't be taken seriously. But go ahead... reasonably construct a roster that could be paid, that is clearly better than that, talent wise. I'll wait for your example.

Last edited:
If you wait a bit longer, the product that you bought may have not been their any longer.
It doesn't necessarily take more time to craft a better deal...

Cousins, WCS, Matthews, Rondo, and Gay.

Add a stellar bench PG, and possible breakout year from McLemore...

That is a top 3-5 talent starting five in the league. That you continue to blurt out things like your post above means you shouldn't be taken seriously. But go ahead... reasonable construct a roster that could be paid, that is clearly better than that, talent wise. I'll wait for your example.
I have no respnse to that other than: "you trippin", that is honestly the best i can do...

of the top of my ahead:

GSW
Rockets
Spurs
OKC
Cavs

that's 5 that we are not even close to, miles away... you want to tell me you believe the core that took you to 29 wins, minus a starter. plus a rookie- a PG no one knows if he's still any good and a guy coming of an injury is top 5 in the NBA?

lay of the pipe...

It doesn't necessarily take more time to craft a better deal...

I have no respnse to that other than: "you trippin", that is honestly the best i can do...

of the top of my ahead:

GSW
Rockets
Spurs
OKC
Cavs

that's 5 that we are not even close to, miles away... you want to tell me you believe the core that took you to 29 wins, minus a starter. plus a rookie- a PG no one knows if he's still any good and a guy coming of an injury is top 5 in the NBA?

lay of the pipe...
I'll give you Cavs, GSW, and OKC, but that's it. Spurs? Seriously? Mind you I'm talking TALENT alone. The Spurs main strength is that they've been playing together for 90 years.

Rockets? I'd say we might be on par with that. Not at all clearly better. We have the better bench PG, I'll say comparable PG, far better SF, BETTER CENTER, and the defensive frontcourt of WCS and Cuz actually better than theirs on talent. So we're top 3-5 in talent. You kind of just proved my point.

I'll give you Cavs, GSW, and OKC, but that's it. Spurs? Seriously? Mind you I'm talking TALENT alone. The Spurs main strength is that they've been playing together for 90 years.

Rockets? I'd say we might be on par with that. So we're top 3-5 in talent. You kind of just proved my point.
I have no idea how to respond to that... you really actualy believe we are more talented than the Rockets? that's unfathomable...

I have no idea how to respond to that... you really actualy believe we are more talented than the Rockets? that's unfathomable...
You may want to rethink what you're smoking:

Cousins, WCS, Matthews, Rondo, and Gay. Collison, McLemore, Omri off the bench.
That is simply not unfathomably worse than the Rockets.
I'd argue it's clearly better. <-- (This is obviously assuming Matthews was OK physically and Rondo returned to some semblance of past play)

I'm seriously trying to understand why you don't get the difference.

There is the reporting side and the analysis side. and btw- no great reporter said this is going to happen, Woj (a reporter) said there were talks and didn't specify...

Analysis is totally different, it's disecting the move after it was made- there is no uncertainty, just making the points and trying to understand which side got the better part of the deal.

I know you think everybody is out to get us, but they are not- they are not right 100% of the time, and sometimes they can be too harsh on us... but good writers make good points about things- and to not count them just because "the media" is negative about us, is not very wise...
Woj is a gossip columnist, not a reporter.

You may want to rethink what you're smoking:

Cousins, WCS, Matthews, Rondo, and Gay. Collison, McLemore, Omri off the bench.
That is simply not unfathomably worse than the Rockets.
I'd argue it's clearly better. <-- (This is obviously assuming Matthews was OK physically and Rondo returned to some semblance of past play)
I like what I'm smoking...

Cousins vs Harden- advantage Harden (dude was almost the MVP...)

Gay vs Howard- advantage Howard (we all know that's true)

DC is good- on par with Pat Bev

WCS is a rookie- Terrence Jones is better than him this year

after that all we have are unproven guys we haven't even signed yet while they have seasoned role players to go with high upside young guys... it's not much of a contest really...

It was asinine at the time, it looks worse now. And of course based on profound ignorance. Lowe thinks he knows more than he does, but the fact he so rarely has had the complete picture necessary to understand context with us makes me profoundly uneasy about just how inaccurate he may be with everybody else too.

That was the first time I let him have it over the issue. I was right and he was wrong. The last time was a couple months ago when he decided to put Al Horford on his all NBA teams and leave off a HOFer putting up HOF numbers in a centerless age. I was right there too, and he was again wrong.
I just want to point a few things out so you could tell me why am I wrong. These are different subjects so please share your thoughts on them.

1. You believe getting Rondo is a good thing. I do not believe this because Rondo hogs the ball up, just like Rudy and Demarcus, and creates no space when Cousins and Rudy has the ball. Those are big no-nos for our team. Also, i know it will be a year deal or maybe two years but dude has not shown anything past 2 years and like I said, could be really bad for our offense for no space, and has a high usage rate which is one of the reasons Tyreke left.

2. You really like what Vlade in the Landry trade. I dont. This trade could be HORRIBLE for a few reasons:
a. If we dont get any free agents, we just lost 2 ASSETS that we could has used for other trades to get good players ( the two assets were nik and the 1st round pick)
b. if the lottery reform happens and kings somehow get a good pick, 76ers would get our pick and swap it with ease which could make us even more of a laughing stock if the top 14 teams get equal percentage one day in lottery , Kings get lucky and you know the rest
c. if we waited a yaer , we would have more cap space anyway due to new salary cap. Again, we wasted two assets for getting better 1 year faster.
d. if you are a bad team or even small market team like sacramento, you build by the draft. Such as the spurs, cavs, warriors, thunder...not FA. Vlade has no experience in this and it is showing. Come on man.

3. You like the trade because we could inhale some big contract vets like Ty Lawson (a guy who plays no defense) or Deron ( who is done in his career). These guys are not people we are looking for. I hope we get Wes but for the tax reason in Dallas, I do not see it happening any more so I think we might have to look at Beverly, Koufas, and Tobias (if still possible).

Please enlighten me Briclayer. Go.

Also one more thing: Here is a part e for number 2: Why not use the stretch provisions? Does Vlade know what that is?
While i agree with parts of your first post, there's no need to be disrespectful... I assure you that the Kings front office knows about the Stretch provision- it doesn't save the same amount of cap (the cap hit is one third of the contract for 3 years if i remember correctly) and it costs more money to the team as you actually need to pay his full salary...
Maybe Vlade wanted to create enough space to sign Matthewa AND Rondo and so he needed to carve more space- hence trading Nik and JT... I'm not a fan of the trade, but there is a basic reasoning for it...

While i agree with parts of your first post, there's no need to be disrespectful... I assure you that the Kings front office knows about the Stretch provision- it doesn't save the same amount of cap (the cap hit is one third of the contract for 3 years if i remember correctly) and it costs more money to the team as you actually need to pay his full salary...
Maybe Vlade wanted to create enough space to sign Matthewa AND Rondo and so he needed to carve more space- hence trading Nik and JT... I'm not a fan of the trade, but there is a basic reasoning for it...
I appreciate that you agree with what I said. And I am not completely sure if they do know what the stretch provision is. They dont really have that salary cap/numbers/ rules guy anymore. And I understand what you said, but I would think it would be a better idea to use the stretch provisions (yes get out some pocket money and not save as much). At least you would not waste 2 assets to do it (First round pick and #8 pick in last years draft and the rights to swap picks which could be detrimental).

I appreciate that you agree with what I said. And I am not completely sure if they do know what the stretch provision is. They dont really have that salary cap/numbers/ rules guy anymore. And I understand what you said, but I would think it would be a better idea to use the stretch provisions (yes get out some pocket money and not save as much). At least you would not waste 2 assets to do it (First round pick and #8 pick in last years draft and the rights to swap picks which could be detrimental).
I understand what the stretch provision is:

"Guaranteed salary must be paid even if the player is released, and continues to be included in team salary after the player is waived.1 For example, if a player is waived with $10 million in guaranteed base salary remaining on his contract, then that $10 million will be included in team salary. If a player is waived part-way through a season, then the portion of team salary that is charged to the cap for that season reflects either the guarantee or the salary that was actually paid, whichever is greater. For example, if a player has a $6 million salary with $3 million guaranteed and is waived 1/3 through the season, then $3 million (reflecting the 50% that is guaranteed) continues to be included in the team salary. If instead he is waived 2/3 through the season, then $4 million (reflecting the salary actually paid) continues to be included. Players on non-guaranteed "summer contracts" are not included in team salary at all unless they make the team's regular season roster (see question number 70)."

Just cause he is not on the team doesn;t mean you don't pay him, you did signed a contract...

Not quite the magic bullet that its sometimes made out to be. You stretch somebody and the your cap is slightly encumbered for YEARS. Nice to just wipe your hands and be done with full cap room.
Alright that makes some sense but about the rest of my post. Enlighten me with your counters and throw some knowledge at me. Those were my main arguments for why the Kings are in trouble right now.

DMC trumps anything else they trot out.

People need to realize: talent in the NBA does not increase on a linear scale. It increases exponentially as you get near the top, and especially when you are talking about the top 5 or so elite players. DMC is one of those. LMA is not. LMA is very, very good, but Cousins is not only better, his impact on the game (on a team properly constructed surrounded by talent/shooters/defense) is exponentially better. That's the difference.
Interesting.

24 wins
22 wins
28 wins
28 wins
29 wins

DMC for as great as he is, he doesn't trump anything. DMC is also not exponentially better than Aldridge.

I'm not going to get into a debate about Cousins because I love him as a player. But the way you speak of him, it shouldn't even matter who you team him up with. We know that's not the case.

The only trump card in the league is Lebron.

Interesting.

24 wins
22 wins
28 wins
28 wins
29 wins

DMC for as great as he is, he doesn't trump anything. DMC is also not exponentially better than Aldridge.

I'm not going to get into a debate about Cousins because I love him as a player. But the way you speak of him, it shouldn't even matter who you team him up with. We know that's not the case.

The only trump card in the league is Lebron.
By exponentially better, I don't just mean that as a descriptive term, I was probably being too technical. Think of an x/y graph with a curved line that dramatically gets really steep towards the right. What I mean is that in the NBA, when you get up into the elite levels of talent (far right of graph), they are far more effective than even one tier down (say 4/5ths of the way to the right), much farther apart than say tier 2 and role player talent. I believe LMA to be a tier 2 player. Not an absolute bedrock franchise build around player like Cousins. Cousins is a top 5 player, right now.

By exponentially better, I don't just mean that as a descriptive term, I was probably being too technical. Think of an x/y graph with a curved line that dramatically gets really steep towards the right. What I mean is that in the NBA, when you get up into the elite levels of talent (far right of graph), they are far more effective than even one tier down (say 4/5ths of the way to the right), much farther apart than say tier 2 and role player talent. I believe LMA to be a tier 2 player. Not an absolute bedrock franchise build around player like Cousins. Cousins is a top 5 player, right now.
I'm very aware of what an exponential curve is. I'm a college graduate. Business owner. Well rounded. I simply disagree that an addition of Wesley Matthews on this team makes us better than last years Blazers. Or that Cousins is exponentially better than Aldridge.

I'll add this. Talent alone is not enough to make you a difference maker or a top 5 player. Leadership is what vaults someone with talent to be exponentially better than his peers.

I really wanted Matthews to take that deal. I feel like Rondo + Wes + everyone else = legit playoff team.

But you know what? F*** him. If he wants to go play with old Dirk and the rest of the mediocrity on that Dallas team, then i don't want his aging, injured a** in Sac anyways. That's a dumb move, turning down that money. Say the Kings are horrible for the next 4 years, and we just never improve, we stay right where we are. From what i can see, the Mavs are about to do the same thing. Maybe they're a little more competitive, i don't know, but quite honestly, i look at the Mav's roster, and i don't see a contending team. I barely see a playoff team, and when Dirk leaves, they might not even be a playoff team. When i think about him w/ Rondo here, i see a contending team. Wes's loss, and i have a feeling he will not look like the same player he was pre-injury, and we will all be relieved.

CLEARLY i'm just a little bitter, but again F*** him, he want's to get paid less to head to a worse team (roster wise, on paper), then that's on him.