[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - 3/31/17 - 5PT/8ET

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
surprised Cousins didn't roll in protest after that was called a block. He knows Grant will go off as soon as he complains to a ref. Peaches is in his head.
Cousins has been on good behavior since the trade: he's only been assessed two technicals (one was rescinded), and IIRC both of them were of the cheapie, "double technical" variety.

I'm a big Boogie fan but I predict he's moved from NO before next years deadline. They just don't have very much talent outside of Boogie and Brow and they go into the offseason with not a lot of money to spend and likely to lose Holiday. No assets. No money. No depth.

While from our end..we probably didn't get enough but you could argue it was a pretty stupid move by NO to give up a player that in the future is more ideal compliment to Brow(Hield), what was on its way to being a high to mid lottery pick this year, and 11 million off the books(Tyreke)

It might be one of those deals where Kings regret trading Cousins and the Pelicans regret trading for him.

They just don't look very good right now. We look even worse.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... While from our end..we probably didn't get enough but you could argue it was a pretty stupid move by NO to give up a player that in the future is more ideal compliment to Brow(Hield)...
It's funny that you mention that, because when people were quick to bring up how New Orleans got their first win post-trade without Cousins, and some actually seemed to want to make the argument that they were better without him, the unacknowledged part of that argument is that, when you look at the Pelicans' roster post-trade without Cousins, you might as well be saying that they're better without Hield, too.

I wish these black uniforms were our standard road unis. Probably the nicest in the league.

Purple should be the alternate. I thought they would have come to their senses on this by now with all the discarded versions of purple uniforms but this insistence has been going on 14 years.

Not that they were bad outside of the "SACRAMENTO" ones but they are batting 1000 on black unis.