[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - 3/31/17 - 5PT/8ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pierre the Pelican is the mascot for New Orleans. He is, to my knowledge, the only mascot that had to be redesigned because he was "too creepy" and "scared children."

Okay, about the game...

We're gonna get killed, demolished, posterized, etc. I would not be at all surprised to see Boogie set records in 3 or 4 different categories. Either that, or the guys who know DMC will be able to get under his skin and get him to foul out early. I honestly do not know which way it will go...

The NBA injury page hasn't been updated for tomorrow's game yet so we don't know who will be on planned rest and who will be marched out into the middle of the arena to await the mauling.

upload_2017-3-30_12-2-12.png

(Could anybody photoshop a flock of pelicans into this instead of lions? :p)

We knew this game was gonna happen. Luckily it's only a couple of hours. Of course, it may seem like an eternity.

#GoKings

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Of course I loves me some Boogie, and will be wearing my Demarcus Jersey eating the popcorn. But a part of me has to root for the underdog. So why not hope that buddy or Langston have a huge night against their old team? Either way this is going to be fun. Unless of course your name is Willie, Skal or Papa G. Koufos doesn't deserve this mess and should be sitting on the sidelines with his hand in a bucket of ice

Looking forward to watching it. Co and Da should blow us out even though KK and Willie know Cuz well. Hope o ur guts show some spunk and make it tough, and, of course it would be nice to get a pelt. Dear Cuz is the enemy now.

Will the Kings win this one for Vlade?

Although I loved DMC when he was a King, he is on the opposing team now, so I am hoping that the Kings beat his team, to keep the N.O. pick in the top 10. ;)

Also, the Kings would stay at #8, win or lose, plus you get a 2 game cushion on the Philly pick swap. ;)
One of the few I'll be rooting for a win

If anyone has worse luck than the Kings, its Cousins.

Expect something bad to happen to him, be it ejection, injury, foul trouble etc.

And of course it will hurt the tank.

If anyone has worse luck than the Kings, its Cousins.

Expect something bad to happen to him, be it ejection, injury, foul trouble etc.

And of course it will hurt the tank.
Not by much (if at all).

They will NOT finish below us in ANY crazy scenario I can imagine.
(And I have the most creative imagination imaginable... ;))

Boogie will go into the beast mode....you remember those games where he gets the entire front court fouled out and how much we loved watching him play like that and at times felt sorry for the opposition? Yeah well the Kings are about to get a taste of that.
Carolija has nailed what I think will happen. Boogie will just go beserk beast mode. There are a couple things that will make it interesting. The Fans love Boogie and Boogie loves Sacramento. This will be a very emotional game for many people, especially the big fella. The other thing is how the Refs call the game. Boogie could be on the bench in foul trouble. All the Kings Bigs could be in foul trouble and fouled out early. I expect the TV ratings will be high on this one.

Last edited:
If I was Gentry I would have Boogie lay off the dribble drives until later in the game. Sort of create a diversion using Boogie as a decoy and saving his 6 fouls. The Brow should be able to handle the paint until the second half.

Our strategy for tomorrow... drop bombs on them from outside.

AND release weapon ICuz. DMC won't even let anyone say anything about him.
For the Kings to have a chance to win tonight, they need to have KK on DMC and DC, Tolliver and Buddy needs to be on point with their shooting. :)