[Game] Kings @ Old Ben Gay Smelling Grandpas -- Jan. 5, 5:30PT/8:30ET

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
To be fair, Collison did score the first 4 points of OT and he assisted 3 of our 4 baskets in 2OT. If he manages to hit the rim there he's one of the heroes of the game. That's the Sacramento Kings in a nutshell. Airballing away chances to win for the last 10 years. There are no more moral victories as far as I'm concerned. Moral victories get you a ticket to the draft lottery.

Collison's intelligence should be questioned. Why not give it to Cousins? Or Rudy? I mean come on. Who do you think you are? What a fool. He would be addition by subtraction.

You can't lose like that.

Rudy finally shows up.

Marco hits the shots he was brought here to make.

Cousins keeps his cool and becomes immortal.

and your final possession is completely ****ed by the starting point guard on a bone head mistake?

Come on Darren understand the situation. Get your head out of your *** dude. We needed this one.
numerous boneheaded mistakes. Not running clock when he needed to and instead chucking a 3, pee poor D in letting Williams waltz in and take no time off the clock then to not even draw rim when that would end the game. Just baffling and a total choke job

To be fair, Collison did score the first 4 points of OT and he assisted 3 of our 4 baskets in 2OT. If he manages to hit the rim there he's one of the heroes of the game. That's the Sacramento Kings in a nutshell. Airballing away chances to win for the last 10 years. There are no more moral victories as far as I'm concerned. Moral victories get you a ticket to the draft lottery.
Yeah he had it going at the start of OT. But I thought his management of the clock at the end of first OT was terrible. His defense also left much to be desired, and I was yelling constantly DONT SWITCH DONT SWITCH. More often than not when he got over the screen we got a stop, when he didn't .... Dirk burned us.

There's plenty of things we can point to that cost us this game - missed calls etc. But we got a handful of things going our way as well, Marco's two big buckets, Cuz also not getting called on a few plays in 2nd OT. Whatever happened, if Collison just hits iron we win this.

All I will say is if we play this hard and with Rondo, Omri and WCS back there is no reason we can't play .600 basketball or better the rest of the season.
Yup. Both effort and playstyle. We went to Cousins down low again and again. Didn't always work out as Zaza played really good D/ got away with fouls/ whatever.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Really disappointed in the vicious shots at Collison by Kings fans.

That is all.
Collison has been subpar to garbage on the court nearly all season long. A constant boneheaded black hole who plays zero defense, which is totally different than the player I remember from last season.

Tonight it all just boils over with Darren being Darren costing the Kings their biggest win in SEASONS.

Collison has been subpar to garbage on the court nearly all season long. A constant boneheaded black hole who plays zero defense, which is totally different than the player I remember from last season.

Tonight it all just boils over with Darren being Darren costing the Kings their biggest win in SEASONS.
His defense is the most disappointing. It's like he's not even trying. Which is odd because he was known as being a defensive guy with the Clippers.

Thats what makes it worse. 2 of the longest losing streaks in the NBA would have ended in consecutive days. I friggin can't stand dallas.

Really disappointed in the vicious shots at Collison by Kings fans.

That is all.
Hopefully mine did not come off as vicious, but he made 3 crucial mistakes in crunch time. Game wasn't all his fault but as the PG he needs to be better in crunch in those particular plays....in particular running clock

If you think Collison didn't play defense in this one you are sorely mistaken. Darren worked his butt off all night, trying to fight around pick and rolls. Darren missed the rim on the last play, whoops. The Kings shouldn't have allowed anyone to easily set themselves up in the corner for a three point shot. Another game, another moment where the Kings defensive flaws get exposed.

tough loss, really played well though for segments. Demarcus on the block is undefendable and needs to feature more.

How Karl continually went with guards on Dirk is beyond me. Tough loss.