[Game] Grizzlies @ Kings - 11/3/15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We need a coach that knows how to push the right buttons at the right place and right time. Sigh..

The garbage unit played a lot better, seriously. Lol.
I couldn't possibly disagree more. The buttons have to be connected to something - and tonight not even DMC (who actually moved to the bench to try and rally the team) could do anything. Heart and hustle, effort and energy - the Kings need to find that within themselves. And they'd better find it quick. Our schedule doesn't get any better.

Which, if you ignore the Vlade moves, has been the mantra of ownership for a while
true. though im not putting this at the feet of ownership. They've steped off in their meddling. Im sure Vlade isnt happy with what we have become but i guess he's giving it time, believes in it

yeah you're right. I need to remind myself of this. I just dont relate as well to this whole jumpshooting outside in game we look like we are trying to play. The W's justify it but i dont think its the best use of our resources given how we are constructed currently and it shouldnt be about changing that makeup but about getting the most of what we have which on paper is a solid team.
According to Christie on the pregame show, it's the rim first and then the perimeter.

The King's don't match up well with the Grizzlies (especially without Cousins) because they can't do anything at the rim and can't shoot from the perimeter.

I'll be shocked if McLemore starts next game. Karl won't continue to hope, pray for some blind miracle when none is to materialize out of thin air. Only thing I see different about BMac this season from last is name on his back - McLemore III. Oh, one more thing - sucks worse this year after 5 games than last season's mediocre to dismal performance.

Somehow I'm just not a fan of Rudy Gay's game. He can be a prolific scorer at times but when called upon to be the 1st option he's simply too iso-heavy and reluctant to pass the ball. He missed Belinelli on a multiple of occasions and whenever he gets the ball and starts the dribbling the rest of the team pretty much just stands still.

Oh, and it's good to know that after 5 coaches or whatever it is and however many times the roster has been turned over our guys are still can't set a semi-decent screen.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Has to be coaching right?
Yes and no. Ben's at fault for his lack of improvement. Malone did have him playing better though.

Last year starting with the 5th game of the year, Ben ripped off 10, 15, 16, 17, 17 in his next five games. Hit 14 3's in those games. Hit double digits in 11 of the next 13 for the month.

We could some of that starting tomorrow.

According to Christie on the pregame show, it's the rim first and then the perimeter.

The King's don't match up well with the Grizzlies (especially without Cousins) because they can't do anything at the rim and can't shoot from the perimeter.
Thats reassuring - im getting mixed messages though in terms of word and deed.

Case in point:

We love running the offense through boogie in the high post - How is it rim first when our best rim attacking asset is camped outside ?

Vlade did come out and publically say that he told cousins to focus on his inside game and that raining 3s was a preseason showcase - Karl clearly hasnt got the message ?

What are your thoughts Parker? Im just confused and i dont want us to turn into something we are not designed to do. Cousins cant be defended in the paint. He straight up cant be. He gets a minimum of 3 and 1's every game when working the paint. Someone needs to tell Karl they count the same as shooting it from beyond the arch

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I figured it would be Bellineli. He has shot nothing like preseason. I didn't think 25% though. That's awful. Know wonder Karl keeps trotting out the rondo DC lineup
The thing is, though, I still ostensibly have faith that Belinelli is going to find his shot, sooner than later. Which is exactly why I would leave him as the 6th man. I mean, at least now, when McLemore gets off to his usual bad start, you can put Belinelli in, and hope that he gets it going. If you start Belinelli, and then he gets off to a bad start, then what? :eek: He's already playing the most minutes at SG, as it is.

yeah i have no issues with Bellineli. We have much bigger issues and he will come good.

He is too good a shooter. That shot v the clippers was beautiful even if he had his foot on the line

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yes and no. Ben's at fault for his lack of improvement. Malone did have him playing better though.

Last year starting with the 5th game of the year, Ben ripped off 10, 15, 16, 17, 17 in his next five games. Hit 14 3's in those games. Hit double digits in 11 of the next 13 for the month.

We could some of that starting tomorrow.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, McLemore got it going last season after getting cracked in the head. Maybe that'll work this year, too.

Well, as I mentioned earlier, McLemore got it going last season after getting cracked in the head. Maybe that'll work this year, too.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot in between Mclemore's head to crack. Even now in his 3rd season, he's looking more ATHLETE than actual basketball player. Athletic guy with no handles, no feel for the game. I was really rooting for Ben, because he's important to the success of this team. But I think seen enough to know that Ben's going to be a bust.

Karl talks a lot about lost points on the perimeter last year because of poor offense and defense, so he is emphasizing 3s. With this teams poor outside shooting, that concerns me.

However, they have played fairly well in 3 of the 4 games, so we'll see. I'm a bit concerned about their FT shooting.

Is this going to be like how that football team owner was being vague about whether that one guy would play in the game on Sunday, and then the guy was gone?
Lol talking about Kaepernick? I was just thinking that Ben looks completely LOST out there just like Kaepernick does. That blank stare in the face.

McLemore has the second-lowest FG percentage on the team. If you want a real good laugh, check out who is DFL.
What a shock! 1% FG difference.
1st you don't want to have that low % from your starter, next what brings Bellinelli on the table besides the scores are overweights his current TEMPORARY struggle with the scoring.
What is the our weakest spot in the roster? and you have your answer to your DFL.