[Game] Grizzlies @ Kings - 11/3/15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I miss Beno. And I hate thinking that getting Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac and Kayte Christensen onto the court might have been better than what we saw tonight.

Ben was ****ing terrible today, but why doesn't anyone say anything about Casspi? What about Rudy? What about Rondo? What about WCS? What about Kofus?

It's turning into a "I told you so!" thing because NO ONE has been defending Ben in this thread...except for maybe 1 person if even.

Pretty much everyone else on this team has shown that they can contribute to the team. Ben hasn't done ****.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I agree with you and slim as far as the whole team thing. But he is the starting SG with the number 1 man out for tonight. 0 points is inexcusable. It just is now the rest sucked as well.
He's played like wet ass, no doubt about it. It obviously stands out even more when Cousins isn't there to hide his bad offense. I'm just saying that this isn't the game that I would launch my 'DIE MCLEMORE DIE" campaign.

A fair case could be made that we could have won the two games against the Clippers if we'd gotten anything from him. Anybody trying to bring that tonight has an agenda.

this is by far the most troubling situation i've seen
Vlade will give Karl a chance because he has to. This is the mess we are in. But its a complete joke. Those shakey foundations are getting built on again. They'll crumble soon. Thibs is there waiting in the wings. Yeah we may not have the most efficient Rondo if we bring him in but screw it. Bring in Thibs, a rich mans malone and get back to a style and system that worked amazing for us last year.

Ben was ****ing terrible today, but why doesn't anyone say anything about Casspi? What about Rudy? What about Rondo? What about WCS? What about Kofus?

It's turning into a "I told you so!" thing because NO ONE has been defending Ben in this thread...except for maybe 1 person if even.
yes, they all were ***ing terrible, except Ben's been consistent at it.

Vlade will give Karl a chance because he has to. This is the mess we are in. But its a complete joke. Those shakey foundations are getting built on again. They'll crumble soon. Thibs is there waiting in the wings. Yeah we may not have the most efficient Rondo if we bring him in but screw it. Bring in Thibs, a rich mans malone and get back to a style and system that worked amazing for us last year.
I think it's reasonable to give a team with 5+ new significant pieces more than 4 games to figure things out.

gunks

Hall of Famer
****ING RIDICULOUS. KARL WE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO KEEP YOU BUT FOR ****S SAKE YOU NEED TO DO BETTER WITH THIS BUNCH.

OUR ****ING ALL STAR CENTRE IS PLAYING OUTSIDE IN AND WE'RE NOW AN AVERAGE JUMP SHOOTING TEAM

WE'RE PLAYING ****ING SMALL BALL WITHOUT THE PERSONEL

WE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. GETTING BLOWN OUT BY A TEAM THAT HAS **** ALL ON US

GAHHHHHHHH WHY US. WHY DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER SO MUCH.
Tell us how you really feel! :p

wow ugly game to watch...whole team didn't play well. I've seen enough of Ben to know that he won't be contributing anything this season. He looks completely lost out there. complete zero basketball IQ. Can't even make open jump shots. I'm ready to give Anderson some minutes.

Entity

Hall of Famer
He's played like wet ass, no doubt about it. It obviously stands out even more when Cousins isn't there to hide his bad offense. I'm just saying that this isn't the game that I would launch my 'DIE MCLEMORE DIE" campaign.

A fair case could be made that we could have won the two games against the Clippers if we'd gotten anything from him. Anybody trying to bring that tonight has an agenda.
No agenda here I thought Ben would be ready this year. I thought he would be a 15 pt scorer for us. I went to bat for him last few games with no chances to score. But tonight? That excuse is out the window now. Something has to happen I don't know what but it can't continue like this and be successful. Thing is I know he CAN do it. He has the tools. Just don't know the why. Has to be coaching right?

I think it's reasonable to give a team with 5+ new significant pieces more than 4 games to figure things out.
yeah you're right. I need to remind myself of this. I just dont relate as well to this whole jumpshooting outside in game we look like we are trying to play. The W's justify it but i dont think its the best use of our resources given how we are constructed currently and it shouldnt be about changing that makeup but about getting the most of what we have which on paper is a solid team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No agenda here I thought Ben would be ready this year. I thought he would be a 15 pt scorer for us. I went to bat for him last few games with no chances to score. But tonight? That excuse is out the window now. Something has to happen I don't know what but it can't continue like this and be successful. Thing is I know he CAN do it. He has the tools. Just don't know the why. Has to be coaching right?
I never really expected him to be ready; I just looked at the rest of the roster, and said to myself, "There ain't no way he's gonna start that guy..."