• McLemore

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Landry

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • er...um...Gay

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think props should be given to the Coach for keeping Ben in the game at a time where the entire league would have wanted to pull him and put in stauskus or casspi. Ballsy move by Malone and the kid delivered. The last 2 games may be the foundation of confidence he needs. Last game he was not shooting well but the team made a point to keep feeding him from time as if to say it will come...keep ur head up and keep shooting. We got ur back.

Last year I am sure IT was a huge part of his confidence issues. He didnt want this kid to develop and take his shots so he consistently froze him out of the offense. I wouldnt be surprised if he was deriding him in the locker room either. With the new attitude amongst the team, I think ur seeing a band of brothers mentality,where they have each others' backs instead of a wolfpack mentality like last year where it seemed like mclemore was the omega. Great leadership from coach, cuz, and gay with solid veteran presence from landry and collison and even omri. Everyone is buying inro the system and its looking great.

What's loyal about Ray getting starts down the stretch last season, played poorly then elevated his play, had some big games, proved he can play at this level on both ends of the floor, then gets replaced by a journeyman backup PG who's played worse than any PG we've had in years?

Wouldn't the loyalty and the lack there of actually apply to Ray?
I don't think so because it was obvious we weren't going to make the playoffs so we wanted to develop him at a time when games don't matter :) That being said I do want Ray to be the primary back up guard because I think he is better than Sessions.

How 'ironic' would it be, if Carl Landry continues to not just "do what he's suppossed to", but truly be a great addition to this team's style of play and chemistry. I love these kinds of stories,....when quality guys fall out of favor for one reason or another...and then come roaring back with substance

True reality entertainment ;)
The thing is though Landry only fell out of favor here. Actually he never was in favor here with the fans since the moment they signed him this second time around. I don't think the national perspective on Landry was negative. Golden State was missing him big time last year and their fans talked about it how they missed his defense and command of their second unit. I think now Golden State is ok with the emergence of Draymond Green but last year they certainly talked about missing Landry.

What Landry is proof of is that for role players fit and team direction play a major role in how you look at them. On a bad Kings team Landry was an undersized PF that didn't rebound enough, was paid too much, and took too many shots. On a good Kings team he's now known as a guy that plays hardnosed defense, a leader of the second unit, an alternative scorer in the post, and a glue guy in terms of chemistry. His game hasn't changed much just how he fits into what team he is on.

This win was for everyone who laughed at us for giving Cuz his big deal.
This win was for everyone who laughed at us for trading for Rudy.
This win was for everyone who laughed at us for letting IT go.
This win was for everyone who laughed at us for signing DC to replace IT.
This win was for everyone who laughed at us signing Ryan Hollins - possibly the best teammate on the Kings.
This win was for everyone who laughed at us for drafting Stauskas after Ben struggled his rookie year.
This win was for everyone who laughed at giving Landry a big deal.
This win was for everyone who laughed at the Casspi signing.

What a great, all-around game from these guys. EVERYONE contributed in some way, shape, or form. Our big boys did their part at some point in the game, and the role players had their backs when they couldn't get the job done. Keep the momentum going against the crippled OKC!

We won this game once again with DEFENSE! in the 4th quarter and 2 overtimes Phoenix scored 24 points! Not sure about the shooting percentage but i know it was low for them.

Man....the playoffs are well within reach if we keep this up! HOW INSANE WOULD IT BE!?!?

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS

Sacramento Kings

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

Rudy was sick and still played 48 minutes. That gentlemen is leadership. My absolute favorite aspect of the game was that the leading scorer of the suns, the pizza guy himself, who wanted to teach the kings a lesson, to show they had made a mistake, played a whopping 17 minutes and had 3pts on 1/4 shooting. What a great game! The apples are very sour I'd imagine. I have heard that he is already causing problems in their locker room. I can imagine it will get better after this game where he played only 17minutes. I can see the headlines now. We would have won if I was played more and allowed to shoot. Im better tha dragic and bledsoe. Im the fkin pizza guy!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
We won this game once again with DEFENSE! in the 4th quarter and 2 overtimes Phoenix scored 24 points! Not sure about the shooting percentage but i know it was low for them.

Man....the playoffs are well within reach if we keep this up! HOW INSANE WOULD IT BE!?!?

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS

Sacramento Kings

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!

i know we won and all is good in Kings land, but Malone has seriously got to consider benching Sessions soon. He's killing us when he's out there. I wouldn't even want to take a look at his +/- on the year

I gave player of the game to Collison. He got us back into the game when we were down big in the fourth.

We don't win without Cousins, Ben or Landry, but Collison was the one to catalyze the win.
It was as usual from the beginning of this season.

And hopefully, until we reach that glorious time.

Have to single out Ben for stepping up big time.

And DC's presence/role is priceless. Makes the whole thing click. We've got to do something about Sessions. Just unbelievable. 70% of the Ray we saw to close out last season is a big step up from what Ramon is giving us.
Very true.

Go Kings!

great W, but please please please please, can we stop leaving opponents open at the 3pt line already?
For real? I thought we got a little lucky vs Clippers on missed open 3's, but tonight I felt like we were terrific on the perimeter. Maybe I missed some but I was very happy with our coverage of the 3 down the stretch.

Watching sportscenter just now,

20 minutes discussing the Cavs game

30 seconds discussing the Kings 2 OT game :/ im so sick of LeDouche and his lame Cavs team
This is the ideal. As much as it ticks some of us off, it will be great to fly under the radar for as long as possible. Keep the Kings and the fans hungry. Keep the rise a long one... it's more fun that way

The Suns were just making everything. Finally cooled down toward the end. Our defense was pretty bad the first three quarters but we definitely stepped up in that regard. It felt like every time we would make a shot they would answer right back with more points. However, our defense in the last half of the 4th and in OT was superb. Superb

Notes:

-Sessions needs to stop playing like a scrub
-JT needs to stop shooting on the way down
-Rudy Gay absolutely needs to pass the ball when he's not on

really surprised we won this game. Did not expect a win at all, crazy. Good stuff

What the heck? NBA says there were 15,000 at the game... I think they're wrong by 14,000. There was no one at the US Airways Center.. the crowd was never really into it except for a few FTs. Really hard to believe there were 15,000 at the game tonight.