Superhero Draft - team write-ups and post-draft rankings to be done

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am really amazed that no one picked Jack Bauer. He is the stereotypical hero - flawed and yet driven to do the right thing regardless of the cost to himself.

I really wanted Iceman but my team had too much Marvel flare as it was. I might have taken Captain Kirk over Spock, but I AM THE LEADER, DANGIT!

I am going to use this post as a placeholder write-up. seeing as I am going to put some real time into it.

So far I've received 7 rankings (including my own). Keep it up:).

Some alternates that I though of were a technopath like Micah Saunders or Q from James Bond (to equip my team)
Another magician, Roma, Severus Snape, or preferably Ged from the Earthsea Trilogy (He's an Archmage, a Dragon Speaker, and a sailor)
A power negator like Leech of the X-Men or the Haitian in Heroes
Bugs Bunny, he can do almost anything, including dropping anvils randomly on his opponents heads
Peter Petrelli and Paul Atreides were definately on my short list...Nice pick-ups:).
Firestorm from DC can fly and transform matter (Turn anything into anything)
Captain Planet for his omnimental qualities (plus maybe each hero could get one of the elemental rings...)
A benevolent alien race like in the Abyss
River Tam from Firefly/Serenity
Rand Al'Thor (The Dragon/World Maker) from "The Wheel of Time" series
Lestat from Anne Rice's novels
And, of course, Falkor the Luck Dragon or the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story.

Last edited:

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Quick question:

Had I picked these guys, would I have had to choose one or the other? They only function as a tandem:

Sub-question: Would I get Gleek as well?

Ultimately I had to pass as I decided to take a different route.

Reading their wikipedia page here, it seems that they are jointly telepathic, but also have their own unique personality and powers. This falls under my complaint with the SkyNet pick in the villains draft, as the robots are individual entities, yet share common programming and form. I would tend to disallow such a pick, but there is enough grey area there for a serious challenge.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Dr. Who
River Tam
Achilles (only we'd have been smart enough to armor that damn heel)
the Resident Evil chick
Leelu (Fifth Element)
Rambo

Already had a machine, an undead slayer and a master of martial arts but here are others I was thinking about drafting.

Resident Evil Heroes:
Jill Valentine
Leon Kennedy
Chris Redfield

Never really watch but thought someone would take him:

Bruce Cambell in Evil Dead

"This is my boomstick"

Others:
Powergirl
War Machine
Namor (this is an island)

Snake Eyes (GI Joe)
The Bride (Kill Bill) Don't watch link at work, violent
Robocop
Bond, James Bond
Ultraman
Mega Man
Master Splinter (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
White Ranger (Power Rangers)
Lone Ranger
Ryu or Ken (Street Fighter II)

Last edited:
We obviously overlooked the power to get really high and get out of nearly impossible, highly complex situations.

Last edited:
Dream Force Voltron, Part 2 of 2

Continued...

And the Black Lion: Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic!

Together, they make up the most invincible and powerful force in the universe. Able to predict and alter the future (Paul) and simply blink enemies into non-existence (Jeannie). Able to fortify the Mighty Voltron with Green Lantern Powers! and the Martian Manhunters jack-of-all powers abilities. Reed Richards, the leader of the group can control all five lions when formed into robot Voltron mode allowing Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern to use their ultra super powers all over the Earth. Paul can kill with a single word, and with Reed Richard's Voltron voice amplifier, Paul can kill evil villains instantly from long, long away. Additionally, with Reed being Jeannie's Master,

Mr. Fantastic and Paul weilds enough power, seeing as Paul can see all of the possible futures and select the one he wants, inside Voltron to defeat any and all foes including (but not limited to) Thanos with Gaunlet (Jeannie will just blink the Gaunlet from Thanos to Voltron, easy), Galactus (just blink him to a different planet to eat), Death, the Beyonder, or other, gereric omnipotent beings by stipping them of all their powers and turning them into mice in a snake tank. Also, physical attacks have no impact as 1. They can see the future and avoid them and 2. these three are housed inside an invincible robot! Invincible! You can slow Voltron down by himself, maybe, but not with the powers combined inside Voltron. The Earth is safe and the Villains are not.

Evildoers Beware: Dream Force Voltron is The Most Powerful and Invincible Force in the Universe!

Thanos with Gaunlet (Jeannie will just blink the Gaunlet from Thanos to Voltron, easy), Galactus (just blink him to a different planet to eat), Death, the Beyonder, or other, gereric omnipotent beings by stipping them of all their powers and turning them into mice in a snake tank.
I like your whole concept a lot, but I would dispute that Jeannie being able to turn Larry Hagman into a monkey and other such madcap hilarility is evidence that she can toy with cosmic beings. I will give her the edge in a duel with Samantha from Bewitched though. :p

Last edited:
Superhero Write-Up

“The Family”

Upon hearing the news of my inheritance, I was very excited. A dream come true right? An entire tropical island all to our own, complete with renewable utilities, epic beaches and surfing, tree houses, and easy access to any part of the island. It felt like I was moving into my very own playground. I arranged to get satellite Wifi, and everything looked rosy. Unfortunately, then I met my new neighbors and I knew that my family would be in grave danger if I didn’t enlist the help of some superheroes that shared my love of tropical beaches and my vision of a peaceful life sipping Mai Tais after a full day of surfing my epic breaks. Knowing the neighbors would not move away, and what a threat they were to my own family, I decided to create a super-team to share the island with. Character was important here because I was sharing my island paradise with these heroes for the rest of my days, and I wanted to make sure I picked the right people.

Strength of arms and powers were important, however, I also put an emphasis on choosing heroes that I would be able to interact with favorably, and would enjoy being around as well.

My first selection was a fairly easy choice as I have heard of his exploits protecting the entire galaxy from the terrible Galactus, along with countless other perils of the universe. I was immediately struck by his friendly personality, and his willingness to do anything in his power to protect my family, and our new home. His force fields, matter manipulation, energy projections, healing skills, attention to detail, great strength, and super speed have been extremely helpful in maintaining the security of our new home.

Next I needed some womanly company for my wife, who would get very lonely living far away from the outside world. I chose a bubbly person, who was as equally powerful as she was friendly. She really liked the idea of finding a sanctuary away from the judging masses, who viewed her as a menace for her mutant gifts, and I was glad to give her a room in the guesthouse. She made herself right at home, and baked a whole tray of brownies as a housewarming gift, then went outside to work on her tan.

Once a friend for each my wife and I was settled, I set about trying to find a babysitter for my little boy. I needed a teacher, someone wise in the ways of the world, someone powerful enough to protect him single handed against my menacing neighbors, and someone who he could look up to in life. A role model. Aslan was a logical choice here, as he exhibits a benevolent quality of character, has a calming influence, and is extremely wise to the ways of the world, and it’s moral code. Though he does have occasion to shed when he is indoors, he is great with the children and the other team members, and always steers our moral compass in the right direction.

Last edited:
Superhero Write-up Part II (More of "the Family")

Now that the first part of my team was in place, I tried to find other heroes who would work well with the other members in a variety of situations. I needed to find someone who could stand up to my livid telepathic enemies, had a good heart, could help my team communicate well with each other, and wasn’t batty. I had been thinking of the perfect person all along, and luckily she was still able and willing to make the trip. This was before I even mentioned to her that she would be joined on the island by her future husband. What luck! Rachel Summers is powerful, beautiful, engaging, funny, and a joy to be around. Her telekinetic and telepathic skills know no bounds!

So I still had two spots in the guesthouse left, and I decided that I needed a little help setting up and encrypting that satellite Wifi for the island. Sage was more than happy to help, and in fact royally creamed me at chess, Risk, pool, and bowling all while she was creating our island’s elaborate mechanized defense systems. She was able to remain at her post in the Crystal Palace, and also take physical or holographic form on our island simultaneously, phasing in and out when desired. Her connection to the nexis of the Omniverse has also helped in removing unwanted "visitors" to alternate environments as she can teleport them anywhere she desires through astral projection.

Sage helped Professor X build his telepathic amplifier Cerebro, and she built a similar contraption for Rachel as well, allowing her to increase her powers exponentially. Furthermore, she was a great help to the other team members, as she was able to teach each of them to control, expand, and adapt their powers to far greater potentials than any of them imagined. She's also giving everyone language, martial arts, fencing, shooting, boxing, and computer programming lessons too. I have an archery course set up, and she constructed a subterranean "danger room" to practice and train in.

Finally, the last selection to round out our new family was for my son again. Along with being the most powerful mutant in existence, Franklin exuded a goodness, and a fondness for his new “family” immediately. He would go with Aslan and my son on long exploratory adventures around the island, coming back with epic tales of their experiences. He has quickly become a family favorite for his warm manner, his hyper intelligence, and his ability to learn new things. He is now almost attached to my son at the hip. I feel this is a good thing because Sage and Aslan are quickly teaching Franklin to control and perfect his reality manifestation powers, reaching depths of creative potential I could have never imagined. He has already taken quite a “liking” to Rachel, who is older, but more beautiful everyday. Franklin has spoken to me of his plans to alter his age eventually and settle down with Rachel as his wife.

With the team together, we decided that the most important aspects of living together would be communication, teamwork, a fun loving yet secure atmosphere, and active participation by all members. Franklin endowed my family with several helpful powers, so that we could do our own part. We are all now telepathic and telekinetic, helping us communicate with each other, and manage heavy tasks more easily. I am also now able to create shape shifting super clones of myself to help do several things at once. They can manifest various superpowers and abilities through each cloning with a variety of desired effects.

Rogue set to work to improve the living areas with Rachel and my wife, creating a comfortable home base for the team, while Aslan explored the island with the children to keep a watchful eye, and teach them the ways of the world. Sage has taught Rogue to control and perfect her powers, to bring back and contain all the powers that she has ever absorbed without negative "side effects". She is now a powerful telepath like Jean Grey, has Cyclop's optic blast capability without the need for glasses, can supercharge objects like gambit, shapeshift like mystique, heal like wolverine, move like the Beast, control the weather better than Storm, create frost constructs like Iceman, and so much more! Plus, she only absorbs life force when she wants now, and is free to touch finally!

We created a fishing pond, with the help of some talking Beavers, and built a beautiful self sustaining garden managed by a dryad family that Aslan created. I fixed up the fishing boat, and Sage added some mechanized improvements as well. Finally, Sage, the Silver Surfer, Rachel, and myself adapted the island to be an epic playground, and impenetrable fortress from our enemies.

The island perimeter now contains a cloaking device, hidden EMP mines and solar bombs for those mechanized and undead neighbors, roving security superclone lookouts, random teleportation portal walls, spellcraft wards, and force fields which makes it invisible to all trespassers, impervious to air, sea, and land attacks, yet comfortable for us and the animals and plants that we decided on. Franklin, Aslan, and my son have also told me that they made several other “improvements” too. Aslan has been waking the plant and animal life, teaching them magical ways, and how to speak with, provide for, and protect the family.

We couldn’t be happier, and I feel very blessed and secure at our new home. We really are like one big family now, and the dynamic is wonderful to be a part of.

Last edited:
My write up:

Optimus is the definitely the leader and.. Ugghhh.. I'll do it tommoorooow.

If I don't then this is my write up (assuming they are optional).

Team Almost Normal, Not Quite.

Leader? ME
One Marvel? Check.
One DC? Check
One TV? Check
One Movie? Check
One book? Check, check
All work well in groups? Check
3 guys and 3 girls? Check
Will work well as a team with no ego issues? Should do quite well.
Family values and first priority defense of others? Check
Not omnipotent but can still kick ***? Check

more to come...but not tonight.. or apparently later either..i keep trying to write something up and failing. apparently my heroes will have to stand on their own and will do quite well.

Last edited:
The 6 Dimensions:

Professor X [Professor]
The Incredible Hulk [Scientist]
Luke Skywalker [Jedi]
Captain Jack Sparrow [Captain]
Aquaman [Ruler of the Sea]
Tarzan [Ruler of the Land]

---

Dimension 1: The Brain.

Professor X is the leader of our team. And he will attack your mind. He will control your mind. Before you even get to the physical beating, your mind will be taken over.

Dimension 2: The Beating.

If you survive the battles of your mind, you will get the physical beating of your life. The Incredible Hulk is the strongest being you will ever encounter. He will stomp you to the ground and then pick you up and do it all over again.

Dimension 3: The Force.

Something greater than the Mind and Beating is The Force. Only a select few can actually use The Force. And Luke Skywalker is the one of the strongest ever to use it. He is the one who restored peace to The Galaxy but will bring anything but peace to you.

Dimension 4: The Scheme.

Every team needs someone who is a little crooked. Captain Jack Sparrow has a plan that will conquer, trick and confuse you. He might even convince you to join our team, right before he backstabs you and turns you over to one of the other Dimensions. Don't forget The Black Pearl is patrolling all sides of the Island.

Dimension 5: The Sneak Attack.

Every island is surrounded by miles and miles of Sea. Well, as you travel across the Ocean, the 6 Dimensions has a surprise for you. Aquaman will take you under without you even knowing it. And if you get by him - he will have thousands of sea creatures waiting for his cue to take you out.

Dimension 6: The Sniper.

There is something lurking in the land, and before you know it Tarzan will attack you with power, force, speed and agility. You are not safe anywhere on land or sea. Just like Aquaman, Tarzan has thousands of land creatures waiting for his cue to move in. The Animal Kingdom is part of The 6 Dimensions.

Squirrel Girl was also overlooked, from reading some random comic message boards to scout for the draft, she is Marvel's trump card.

She took out Doctor Doom, Deadpool and Thanos by herself.

I was going to draft her for the novelty of her defeating top class beings with the power of hurling rodents.

I like your whole concept a lot, but I would dispute that Jeannie being able to turn Larry Hagman into a monkey and other such madcap hilarility is evidence that she can toy with cosmic beings. I will give her the edge in a duel with Samantha from Bewitched though. :p
If Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) was only used on the sitcom for crushing walnuts you would be making that dig, too... the truth is, with Reed Richards strategically using her powers instead of Major Nelson being unsure how to handle her powers, it would be a whole different ball game... also, NME, green looks good on you.

I think the most interesting Hero I did not take was:

Ned the Piemaker from Pushing Daisies. He touches dead people and they return to life; if he touches them again within a minutes, no biggie, they are dead again... if he does not touch them within a minute, the being in the closest proximity dies and the dead person continues living (though Ned cannot ever, ever touch them or they will instantly die). So, with super hero help, you could dig up a cemetery and launch the bodies at the bad guys just as Ned touches them... Viola! Instant bad guy death!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think the most interesting Hero I did not take was:

Ned the Piemaker from Pushing Daisies. He touches dead people and they return to life; if he touches them again within a minutes, no biggie, they are dead again... if he does not touch them within a minute, the being in the closest proximity dies and the dead person continues living (though Ned cannot ever, ever touch them or they will instantly die). So, with super hero help, you could dig up a cemetery and launch the bodies at the bad guys just as Ned touches them... Viola! Instant bad guy death!
Is this Cemetary Island that you would be stationed on, then? :p