Superhero Draft - team write-ups and post-draft rankings to be done

So here’s another draft idea spawned from the Rock Band thread. I was wondering if anyone would be interested. The premise is as follows:

Lucky You! You’ve just inherited a tropical island from a relative that you didn’t know you had. It’s a beautiful island with a house, renewable utilities, and all the comforts of home. It has a fishing boat, and a nice lagoon to dock it in, a tropical forest rich with fruit, scenic rivers with waterfalls, rope swings, and a tree house for the kids. It has a helipad for entry, and a network of roads in place so you can get around.

Unfortunately, your neighbors are less than hospitable, and are pretty ticked that your relative gave the island to you and not them. Neighboring your island are strongholds of 6 super villains intent on invading your new home. You don’t have a lot of money for a security system, and since it is located outside the U.S. you are ineligible for National Guard or military assistance. Bummer.

Luckily, some superheroes have heard of your plight, and they love tropical islands too. They’ve agreed to help protect your island from the neighbors in return for room, board, and a chance to surf you’re epic beaches.

Since there is limited room in the guesthouse, and you don’t have a lot of money for transportation, you can only afford to accept 6 superheroes on your island, so you decided to have open tryouts. May the best 6 win.

Last edited:
First Some Rules:

No villains may be chosen in the draft, the significant other doesn’t want them to conspire against you and besides; they’re a bad influence on the kids. If a villain became a hero, or a hero became a villain then they might count, depending on my mood, and their popular status as a hero or villain. If the character has appeared as both a villain and a hero, then it is up to the interpretation of the drafter, but that character can only be drafted as a hero or as a villain (not both). And yes, I will allow Venom as he was such a popular villain he became an anti-hero:).

You must choose heroes that have already been created and published and popularly known (Comics/TV/ Movies/Video Games/Mythology/Literature/Etc.). The categories are broad enough to pick from already existing ones, thanx.

Superheroes must live on or be able to travel to earth. It's pretty hard to draft someone who couldn't be present.

Please bear in mind that though the heroes have their own guest houses, and won’t be living directly with your family, you will have to share an island with them, and they will have to live close to each other, so pick accordingly. Personality goes a long way.

No repeats, if a hero is picked to defend an island, how can they also defend your island too? Not allowed.

Timed out picks will not be lost, just be hasty with making them up. 24 hour limit to pick, and write up/pictures/videos are nice things to include if they apply/you can find them. We're not villains here people, this is a kinder, gentler draft.

Team leaders and hierarchy are recommended but not required. The same applies with team name. Forum member interaction and fun are encouraged:).

Though you have your own set of super heroes, only the most popular team after a voting playoff will receive the all-important trophy, as that is where the glory lies.

Last edited:
Here's who is up for the Superhero Draft so far:

Jespher
Spike
Vikinginferno
Prophetess
NME
Venom_7
Gerald Wallace#3
Löwenherz
bdouble013
AlexandarN

The New Recruits:

Bricklayer
GoGoGadget
Mad D
Larry89
Kingsnation
NoBonus

Full roster, hurray!

Last edited:
Superhero Draft Results

Jespher - "The Family"
1.01 Silver Surfer
2.16 Rogue
3.01 Aslan
4.16 Rachel Summers
5.01 Sage
6.16 Franklin Richards

Gerald Wallace#3 - Team Omega Ω
1.02 Deadpool
2.15 Beast
3.02 Captain Marvel
4.15 X-23
5.02 Ghost Rider
6.15 Cloud Strife

bdouble013
1.03 Gandalf the White
2.14 The Sentry
3.03 Wolverine
4.14 Link
5.03 Albus Dumbledore
6.14 Electra

Spike - The Protectorate
1.04 Thor
2.13 Yoda
3.04 Hellboy
4.13 Lion-O
5.04 Storm
6.13 Stripperella

Löwenherz
1.05 Superman
2.12 Captain America
3.05 Raiden
4.12 Samus Aran
5.05 Sir Lancelot du Lac
6.12 Athena

AleksandarN
1.06 Hiro Nakamura
2.11 The Spectre
3.06 Chuck Norris
4.11 Chev Chelios
5.06 Lobo
6.11 Noah Bennett

Vikinginferno - The Vanguard cont.
1.07 Goku
2.10 Spawn
3.07 The Thing
4.10 Obi Wan Kenobi
5.07 Blade
6.10 Lara Croft

NME - The Round Table
1.08 Dr. Manhattan
2.09 Dr. Fate
3.08 Mr. Majestic
4.09 Ion
5.08 Psylocke
6.09 Isis

Venom_7 - C.R.Y.P.T.
1.09 Jean Grey (w/ Phoenix Force)
2.08 Iron Man
3.09 Matt Parkman
4.08 Nightcrawler
5.09 Solid Snake
6.08 Lt. Commander Spock

Prophetess - Team Almost Normal, Not Quite
1.10 Peter Petrelli
2.07 Wonder Woman
3.10 Gambit
4.07 Lt. Ellen Ripley
5.10 Richard Rahl
6.07 Kahlan Amnell

Last edited:
It seems there has been some confusion as to the guidelines of this draft. Characters from all media genres are eligible, not just comics. Heroes from TV/Movies/Video Games/Books/Mythology/Music?/Comics/Graphic Novels/Etc. are all fair game. Historical figures are left off for political reasons, as are religious figures worshiped today. Much like the Rock Band Draft, it is open ended to how the characters will interact with each other to form their team.

You don't need to be a "Super Hero Expert" to join the draft, and diversity of drafters would make it that much more interesting. The genre to choose from is vast and the voting is up to individual interpretation anyway (The well known heroes could do better than obscure omnipotent ones simply through name recognition). Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions regarding the rules. Hopefully we will get a few more drafters by Monday, but if not we will begin as is.
So just to clear things up, are good guys that aren't "super heroes" or even really "heroes" ok? You said that "heroes" from those things are fair game so what do you define as a "hero"?

So just to clear things up, are good guys that aren't "super heroes" or even really "heroes" ok? You said that "heroes" from those things are fair game so what do you define as a "hero"?
Good Guys = Heroes. Even some not so good, but occasionally noble characters can count as heroes (see Venom/Wolverine, etc.). They don't have to have a "super power", if they help your team some other way:).

It seems there has been some confusion as to the guidelines of this draft. Characters from all media genres are eligible, not just comics. Heroes from TV/Movies/Video Games/Books/Mythology/Music?/Comics/Graphic Novels/Etc. are all fair game. Historical figures are left off for political reasons, as are religious figures worshiped today. Much like the Rock Band Draft, it is open ended to how the characters will interact with each other to form their team.

You don't need to be a "Super Hero Expert" to join the draft, and diversity of drafters would make it that much more interesting. The genre to choose from is vast and the voting is up to individual interpretation anyway (The well known heroes could do better than obscure omnipotent ones simply through name recognition). Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions regarding the rules. Hopefully we will get a few more drafters by Monday, but if not we will begin as is.

I will be the official coordinator for this draft, and it will ideally run alongside the super villains draft. We plan to have a stand off at the end between the heroes and villains too. Please use this thread for sign-ups. Happy TDOS! This draft will begin on Monday, April 20th. The order will be determined using the randomizer at that time. But until then, we still need 6 more drafters. Who will join me?

Last edited:
I tried to avoid this little headache by including a definition in my draft, although ultimately I know that's probably futile. Still, it's a starting off point. For this one it would be:

1.a (person) of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.2.a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.

I tried to avoid this little headache by including a definition in my draft, although ultimately I know that's probably futile. Still, it's a starting off point. For this one it would be:

1.a (person) of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his/her brave deeds and noble qualities.2.a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
We'll go with this as a "guideline"...:) Here are two helpful links to describing a "Hero" and Super Hero" respectively...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hero

Last edited:
It is now official. The Superhero draft has begun!

The draft order is official. Here is how it was created. I first made a template of the roster with corresponding #s…

10. Jespher
9. Spike
8. Vikinginferno
7. Prophetess
6. NME
5. Venom_7
4. Gerald Wallace#3
3. Löwenherz
2. bdouble013
1. AlexandarN

I ran a 10 number set through the randomizer and used the results of the first series

10, 4, 2, 9, 3, 1, 8, 6, 5, 7

Last edited:
Therefore…

The Official Draft order is:

1. Jespher
2. Gerald Wallace#3
3. bdouble013
4. Spike
5. Löwenherz
6. AlexandarN
7. Vikinginferno
8. NME
9. Venom_7
10. Prophetess

I'm on the clock...

And with the first pick of the superhero draft...I select:

The Silver Surfer

Lets see now...Flight, check (Light speed +). Invulnerability, check (Can survive in deep space, and even inside Black Holes:eek:). Matter/Energy conversion, check. Superhuman strength, check. Time Travel, check. Heal others/self, check. Creating self evolving independent planets from scratch, check. Good to humanity, check. I think there will be plenty of room in the guest house for my silver tinged friend here:D. Plus, he's a surfer, so maybe he can give me some lessons!

Primary Powers:
The Silver Surfer wields the Power Cosmic, granting him superhuman strength, stamina, durability, and the ability to absorb and manipulate the universe's ambient energy for a variety of effects. The Surfer can navigate through interstellar space, dimensional barriers, and hyperspace, which he can enter to exceed the speed of light when flying on his board, and has even proven capable of time travel on several occasions. The Surfer, who sustains himself by converting matter into energy, does not require food, water, air, or sleep. He is immune to extreme temperatures and radiation, and can survive within nearly any known natural environment including deep space, hyperspace, and even the within the cores of black holes and stars. The Surfer can analyze and manipulate matter and energy, and molecularly restructure or animate matter at will, even transmuting elements or creating objects. He can also project energy in various forms for offensive and defensive use, including the erection of force shields, and bolts of cosmic force powerful enough to destroy entire planets and planetoids. He can utilize the Power Cosmic to augment his superhuman strength to indeterminate levels. The Surfer can heal living organisms, though he cannot raise the dead, and he has proven capable of revitalizing and evolving organic life on a planet-wide scale. He can alter the size of himself or of other matter, cast illusions, and phase through solid matter.

His senses enable him to detect objects and concentrations of energy light years away and to perceive matter and energy in subatomic detail, including life energies of living beings. The Surfer can even see through time, and with concentration he can achieve limited perception of past and future events in his general vicinity. He has demonstrated telepathic ability, including mind-reading on occasion, and has proven to be able to influence human emotion and sensation.

The Surfer's board is composed of a nearly impervious, cosmically powered silvery material that is similar to his own skin. The board is mentally linked to the Surfer and moves in response to his mental commands even when he is not in physical contact with it. The board has a high degree of indestructibility, but on those rare occasions when it is damaged or destroyed, the Surfer is able to repair or even re-create it with little effort. The Surfer can attack opponents remotely by directing the board against them, and the board is capable of absorbing and imprisoning other beings, at least temporarily.

When Galactus exiled the Surfer to Earth, his means of imprisonment was linked to the board. When Surfer and the Fantastic Four realized this, Surfer put it to the test by leaving the board planet-side and entering space in the Four's spacecraft. Once he was free of Earth, the Surfer remotely converted the board to energy, recalled it to him, and reformed it in space.

Norrin Radd also possesses some knowledge of the advanced alien technology of the planet Zenn-La.
More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_surfer

Last edited:
Is there still an island of n'er-do-wells next door? This impacts my choice greatly.
Yes, you will be protecting your family, and the tropical island they now live on from the villain teams.

Because we only have 10 members, there will be a 4 team playoff/tryout hero vs. hero among the 4 lowest seeds before they engage the villains in playoff voting. Similar to GGG's draft last year. The remaining 8 hero teams will be pitted against the biggest and baddest of the super villain teams. The last hero team standing will get the all important trophy. Lets crush those villains:D. Happy drafting!

Last edited:
And with the second pick in the draft GeraldWallace#3 picks.....

Deadpool

My personal favroite superhero. This mercinary would be the absolute best to have living with you on an island. His wonderful sence of humor would keep me entertained, while his vast variety of weapons would keep me safe. And if he dies he will come back to life with his health regeneration powers (also good if me or the family is sick) so I dont have to be worried (I think he died about three times in his comic book). From the katana to the machine gun this hero has it all and is my first pick.

Powers
Deadpool has been artificially endowed with a superhuman regenerative healing factor by the Weapon X program that is at times shown to be superior to that of Wolverine's or Sabretooth's. As Deadpool had cancer at the time of the gene therapy, it has been suppressed by the "healing factor", which continually regenerates every cell in Deadpool's body, keeping the cancer at bay. However, an unanticipated side effect resulted in a rapid acceleration of the tumors as well, causing them to quickly spread across his entire body as soon as his powers fully activated. Though the healing factor keeps them from becoming what would otherwise be a horribly debilitating condition, this causes his body to be in a constant state of flux and regeneration. His powers' full manifestation also appeared to contribute to his insanity, he himself declared awareness of a growing detachment from reality moments after. Removal of his powers would cause him a cancer relapse, as he himself is aware. As a by-product of his healing factor, he possess enhanced strength, agility, and reflexes. Deadpool uses his continuous, off-the-wall banter to distract, insult, frustrate, and infuriate his opponents. Even when losing, he has refused to keep quiet and his constant chatter has even slightly muddled Daredevil's enhanced senses. Domino has claimed this to be the most dangerous aspect of his combat style, since he can appear to be completely distracted and disorient his opponent while still focusing on the battle.

More here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpool_(comics)#Powers.2C_abilities.2C_and_equipment

Last edited:
Interesting pick GeraldWallace#3. I never read his comics, but I had his cards in the marvel series way back in the mid 90s. Looks like the humor alone is worth the read:).

Don't forget to send a PM to the next drafter once your selection is made. bdouble013 is now on the clock...I'll send a PM.

Gandalf the White

Where to start.
I need someone to lead this rag tag bunch of heroes. Who better than Gandalf. Pretty bad-*** in his own right as Gandalf the Grey, but its my island and I'm taking him after that little problem with the Balrog. Turns out a couple mile fall into a pit of darkness, fire, and smoke does an immortal body good. Now if only I could find one.

Immortal? Check. Neato magic powers? Check. Awesome horse? Check. One of the three elven rings? (he's taking it with him and yes I'm cheating). Check. Mythical weapon? (see above) Check. Oh, and don't forget the pimp cane to keep my other heroes in line.

More here if you are interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandalf

But can he travel to earth? I guess he is magic, so he could magically travel to earth eh? I wonder how he will fare against Galactus though...Nice pick, I'll allow it:).

Last edited:
Gandalf the White

Where to start.
I need someone to lead this rag tag bunch of heroes. Who better than Gandalf. Pretty bad-*** in his own right as Gandalf the Grey, but its my island and I'm taking him after that little problem with the Balrog. Turns out a couple mile fall into a pit of darkness, fire, and smoke does an immortal body good. Now if only I could find one.

Immortal? Check. Neato magic powers? Check. Awesome horse? Check. One of the three elven rings? (he's taking it with him and yes I'm cheating). Check. Mythical weapon? (see above) Check. Oh, and don't forget the pimp cane to keep my other heroes in line.

More here if you are interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandalf
Props. Great pick.

But can he travel to earth? I guess he is magic, so he could magically travel to earth eh? I wonder how he will fare
Galactus though...Nice pick, I'll allow it:).
Middle-earth = earth a long time ago? Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh and as for Galactus, Gandalf is just the lead. He's my glue, my point guard. Galactus was foiled once, he can be foiled again.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So many choices, so many good heroes left. Why not have the protector of Earth as the protector of my island? Trained and skilled in the art of battle...my choice:

Thor!

The actual Norse God of Thunder, Thor possesses Asgardian attributes including immortality, super-strength and near invulnerability. He is armed with Mjolnir, the mystical war hammer capable of opening passageways through space and time, blocking all sorts of energy blasts and bending the elements to its master's will.
More info on Thor's awesomeness:

Being an Asgardian-Elder God hybrid, Thor is the strongest of the Norse gods. If pressed in battle, Thor is also capable of entering into a state known as the "Warrior's Madness" ("bärsärkargång" in Norse), which will temporarily increase his strength tenfold. He also possesses virtually inexhaustible godly stamina, high resistance to physical injury (eg. rocket fire, falls from orbital heights), immunity to all Earthly diseases, and superhuman agility and reflexes. As the God of Thunder, Thor can call on the elements of the storm (rain, wind, lightning, etc.) but uses Mjolnir as a tool to focus these.
With centuries of experience, Thor is a superb hand-to-hand combatant and a weapons master excelling in the use of the war hammer, sword and mace. Thor possesses two items that assist him in combat: the enchanted Belt of Strength, and his mystical hammer. The first item doubles Thor's strength, while the second is used to control his weather abilities; flight, energy projection and absorption; dimensional apertures; matter manipulation and the most powerful of his offensives, the God Blast, and the Anti-Force.

After Odin's death, Thor inherited his father's power, the Odinforce. Thor was then capable of feats such as reconstructing the Earth's Moon. Thor later acquired mastery of the Runes, and a level of enlightenment that allowed him to free Asgard from the eternal cycle of Ragnarok and become even more powerful than his father.