Superhero Draft - team write-ups and post-draft rankings to be done

Superhero Write-Up

The Round Table

When superheroes inevitably face those greatest of threats known in the comics business as crossover events, they are always going to be outgunned. The power of their foes will be so unimaginable that it would seem the only response is despair. Luckily, it is a part of the essence of the superhero that, just when the prospects are at their darkest, a faint hope will materialize - one slight opportunity that can turn defeat into victory.

It is for these moments that the Round Table was formed - an interdisciplinary team of heroes that brings together disparate bases of power and knowledge to form a whole that is greater than even the sum of its formidable parts. Yes, the team loaded for bear power-wise, but more important is the diversity of these abilities that cover the spectrum of superhuman power. Where ever there is the tiniest weakness in the enemy to be found, a flaw to be exploited, a magical panacea to be conjured, a technological countermove to be invented, or any other form of heroic gambit to be devised, the Round Table is there to discover and execute it.

Team Makeup
The Round Table represents a society of equals like that of the Arthurian Knights and a meeting of minds like those legendary wits at the Algonquin Hotel. These heroes are all have experience serving on teams. We have two soldiers, a law enforcement officer, members of the X-Men and JSA, and an ally of the Marvel Family. Yes, even Dr. Manhattan spent 25 years serving the U.S. military and as a member of The Crimebusters. I have drafted him in his prime, so we have years before growing detachment is a concern. Isis’s civilian identity, the brunette schoolteacher Andrea Thomas, is just his type and helps keep Jon Osterman anchored to humanity.

Mr. Majestic is the field leader, drawing on thousands of years of experience as a military commander to strategize and use the abilities of the team to maximum effect.
Psylocke acts as the communications officer, setting up a multi-way telepathic link between the team members to allow them to instantly share information and coordinate activities.
The other members act as advisors, each contributing in their areas of expertise.

Knowledge Base
As Psylocke has established open telepathic communication between members, a neural net is formed in which the special knowledge and perception abilities of the six members are combined and build upon each other. This knowledge base maximizes their chances of finding that key factor that will turn the battle in their favor. Here’s what each of the members contributes to this superhuman think tank:
Dr. Manhattan – Omniscient awareness of the universe down to the atomic and sub-atomic levels / Perceives the future, past and present simultaneously.
Dr. Fate – Vast knowledge of magic and arcane lore, and supernatural threats and entities / Thousands of years of magical knowledge and experience conferred by the Wizard Nabu
Mr. Majestic – Genius scientific mind and knowledge of advanced technology, able to invent and build new devices in nanoseconds / Strategic and tactical experience gained from thousands of years as a military leader / Telescopic, microscopic and x-ray visions
Ion – Connection to the database of the Green Lantern Corps (a universal law enforcement agency) which catalogs strengths, weaknesses and tendencies of all the races and entities that populate the universe. This is the interstellar version of a cop having access to the databases of the world’s intelligence agencies. / The Ion energy can be used to scan vast areas of space / Telescopic, microscopic and x-ray visions
Isis – Divine Wisdom granted by the Egyptian Pantheon / Clairvoyance / Empathic connection to nature allows her to sense changes in the environment and share the perceptions of surrounding wildlife
Pyslocke – Ability to read the minds of the enemy to determine their strategies, intent, and hidden weaknesses, as well as the minds of any other individuals within a large radius.

Offensive Attacks
Physics - Dr. Manhattan has unlimited powers of manipulation over matter and energy down to the subatomic level, and therefore can create, transmute, disintegrate or teleport matter at his whim.
Magic - Dr. Fate can likewise achieve almost any imaginable effect through magical spells and mystical energies.
Willpower – Ion’s ability to channel the willpower of the universe exists somewhere between advanced science and mysticism, but can generate and manipulate enormous quantities of energy and at its upper limit apparently even affect time and space itself.
Mind – Psylocke can psychically attack the enemy to manipulate, deceive or outright assault their minds. She can also help Dr. Fate with any ghostly enemies by attacking them on the Astral Plane.
Nature - Isis’s skills are useful in our outdoor island setting. She can manipulate the weather, the oceans that surround the island, the flora and fauna that live on it, and even the seismic forces beneath it.
Heavy Hitters - Mr. Majestic, Ion and Isis all have Superman/Captain Marvel type powersets of flight, strength, speed and invulnerability, and so each of them can slug it out with the best of them, if necessary.
Sometimes, It Takes a Ninja - If needed, Psylocke can also psychically cloak herself, infiltrate behind enemy lines, and utilize her skills as a ninja assassin.

Defensive Strategies
Island Defense - Mr. Majestic has used his advanced scientific and military knowledge to reinforce the island with a system of defenses, built with Dr. Manhattan’s assistance, including secure bunkers and various automated anti-intruder weapons.
Dr. Fate bolters these defenses by layering the island with various magical enchantments and wards of protection.
Under Isis’s control, the island itself and its surrounding environment form an additional layer of defense.
Team Defense - In battle, Dr. Fate, Dr. Manhattan and Ion all have powers that can shield the team as a whole from attack.
All members of the team have some degree of inherent invulnerability, other than Psylocke, who will most often project her telepathic abilities from within the heart of the island’s defenses.
Should anyone become injured, Isis has powers of healing, Dr. Fate can cast a healing spell, or if worse comes to worst, Dr. Manhattan or Ion can probably just reform their bodies scratch.

Heroes! I am Nick Fury and welcome to the Circumstantial Response to Yearlong Phenomena Taskforce, or C.R.Y.P.T.

I have assembled this team in light of the various villains teaming up to wreak havoc on our way of life.

That's it! I'm tired of all these otherlovin villains on this otherlovin planet!
Ms. Grey. I know you've had some problems in the past regarding the incredible power that possesses you, but your talents far outweigh the risk involved. You will be our First Officer, and I hope you don't mind that my plan for you is just to send you in and wreck shop. No qualms? Good.

[yt=Phoenix Wrecking Shop]7vZUPhEOcUw[/yt]

Mr. Parkman, I'd like you to accompany Ms. Grey wherever she goes. I think your extensive control of the mind can help her keep the Phoenix inside her at check. Let me clarify further: I want Jean to be able to use all of her abilities as the Phoenix, but with NONE of the side effects. Should be easy for you. You will be titled as a Corporal.

[yt=Read My Mind]JFPeIIx2sY4[/yt]

Ahh, you two should create quite the tandem. I want NO mistakes from you two. Moving on.

Last edited:
Solid Snake, I am very glad you agreed to take advantage of the time off from FOXHOUND to Join C.R.Y.PT. I assure you, your talents will be greatly appreciated. I am going to put you and Mr. Stark in charge of all forces that we accumulate as the villainous threats become more dire. I didn't think you were the type to take a title, so Solid Snake will do just fine.

[yt=Solid Snake Will Do Just Fine]yEaVDx2448A[/yt]

Mr. Stark! My old friend. i know we've had our differences in the past, but this time I agree to work WITH you rather than you with me. Your resources are of great gain to CRYPT as are your talents as a fighter. As I told Snake, You two will work together as the leaders of our special forces, thereby making you an Admiral. Admiral Tony Stark. Sounds good, right? Fine then. I still think it sounds good. You were always the one to disagree. You and Snake will work great together on the missions that you agree to be sent on.

[yt=IRON MAN]NyXv2bUkHc[/yt]

Last edited:
Mr. Wagner, gutentag! You're right, I don't speak Garman well. er, at all. Nightcrawler, here's the deal; villainy seems to be in again, and you were one of the best at beating them. Since you've agreed to join CRYPT, I've arranged for you to be the head of our retrieval squad, meaning that if our group needs something, you will go get it. Don't worry, I've also arranged for my senior adviser, Lt. Commander Spock, to accompany you on these missions, thus enabling you both to take the most logical actions. Sweet. Therefore, you will be Lt. Wagner. Not bad, eh?

[yt=Lt. Wagner]av-sGlueA84[/yt]

Spock! Thanks for taking a vacation off the Enterprise to help us out! Here is the thing. I've always been the guy to choose form over function, and I'm glad you joined us, because you will be the one to balance me out. As my senior adviser, I will run every plan by you to make sure it is a logical approach. You will also accompany Nightcrawler on search and seize missions, planning the most logical paths to take and emphasizing efficiency. Glad to have you aboard!

[yt=Lt. Cmdr. Spock]GKUCEldOpfg[/yt]

Heroes, we are building something beautiful.

Last edited:
I still need 8 rankings, so we can't start until I have around 10-12...Ideally that would be by Monday, but who knows. Get those rankings and write-ups in people! Thanx:)

Last edited:
The Hero vs. Villains playoffs will begin on Monday morning. All rankings and write-ups should be in by then...I still need 8 more rankings (you know who you are:)).

Last edited:
I have received 11 rankings, and they are really quite varied. The most first place votes anybody has is 2. There are 2 ties in the rankings currently, so maybe they will be broken when I get more rankings in. If not, we'll have to use the dreaded rock/paper/scissors method:).

The playoffs will begin tomorrow morning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

The Management.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I may tighten this up later + get the timing better, but I've had masssive internet gremlins all weekend, so not sure of when or if:

[yt=The Dudes]RLgmOoRVr_I[/yt]

Team Omega
"We end all evil"

Captain Marvel (Leader)

Captain Marvel will use his vast array of powers to lead us into battle. He will be the man behind all the orders. He will also provide the team with a drive to suceed and the willpower to win. Of course Captain Marvel can not do it all, he needs a Co-Captain a person with wisdom only few have see he needs the brains to compliment his brawns that is why my Co Captain is going to be.....

Beast(Co-Leader/ Brains)

Beast, the brains of this group. His role in Team Omega is to devise strategys for kicking some bad guy ***. But the perks of having Beast do not stop their. He will be a Doctor incase of illness or injurys, he will be a teacher to teach our fellow superheros, and he can also be good for blasting a couple baddys in battle.

Last edited:
Deadpool (The Assassin)

Deadpool is where the party starts. He will be the one to sneak on to enemy territory and kill everyone there, he will be the one who in the midst of battle cracks a joke just to pee off his opponet, he will be the one who comes out guns blazing or sneaks behind you and slits your throat. Deadpool is the ultimate team player too. He will be fine with any role you give him, and he works well with just about anybody. Also he will be the entertainment for us on those days where there are no baddys to fight.

Ghost Rider (The Hell Raiser)

Ghost Rider's job is plain and simple. Go into battle and take out every one in your way. Ghost Rider will stop at nothing to win. He will be the ammunition in battle to this team.

X-23 (The Fighter)

This comic vixen's looks may be decieving but I'll tell you one thing right now do not mess with her. Her role on Team Omega is to be the person who will take care of all the close combat. She will lead the team into battle and will be the first one to see the battlefield.

Last edited:
Cloud Strife (The Enforcer)

This will be the guy that will rack up the most kills in battle. He is fearless and will take care of buisness the way it needs to be taken care of. Enough said.

Last edited:

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
THE TWISTED RUNE

"The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong."
Ian Caldwell (The Rule of Four) ...

"...Keep your friends close but your enemies closer."

“In a time of turbulence and change, it is more true than ever that knowledge is power”..

The plight of a poor soul is upon himself as a band of merry asskicking villians have heard of his new inheritance...Unfortunately these villians do not know the problems that lie ahead if they were to invade the island.. a league of heroes from lands far away have assembled..

more to come..

The Vanguard

Although I am definitely capable of holding my own in battle, I have decided that I need a few defenders and also companions on the island as there have been a few problems with my neighbor. He is jealous of my island and has hired some so called super villains to help him out. Well he has no chance against The Vanguard. I am going to show you my protectors/companions in an unusual way, by comparing them to a basketball team.

My Coach/Mentor:
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comparison:

Obi-Wan will provide an amazing mentor to my other 5 heroes and even if he dies in battle he can come back as a force ghost to guide the team. He is extremely intelligent and will always do what is best. Just like the comparison made, he is always calm and is always a step ahead. But he is not only a great mentor and is one of the greatest with the force and with the lightsaber and has fought off guys like Darth Vader. He will be able to plan out the protection scheme for the island.

My Point Guard/Leader:
Goku

Comparison:

Goku has a great mind for battle and has great leadership qualities. He will direct the team in battle with the guidance of Obi-Wan. He can defend from the air or from ground level and he has a plethora of other powers that no villains will be able to get by. Goku will also be a very fun guy to have on the island. He can joke around and have a good time, but then when he gets into battle mode, he can kick anyone's ***.

More heroes and comparisons coming up...

Last edited:
The Vanguard continued...

My Shooting Guard:

Lara Croft

Comparison:

Sue Bird

Get it, SHOOTING guard. Well, Lara Croft not only is a deadly defender, but with her sexiness all of the villains will not be able to focus or they will try to get with her, but she will only kill them. She will definitely please me on the island...

My Small Forward:

Blade

Comparison:

Julius Erving

Any vampires attacking the island? You stand no chance against Blade and even if you are no vampire his skills will take you down also. With his vampiric abilities without any of the negative effects, he will be a great defender.Blade is an extraordinary martial artist, swordsman, and marksman. He is a skilled street-fighter and adept in the usage of throwing knives. These skills will make him an excellent ground defender and also assassin. He will be a very good companion on the island as he is an accomplished trumpeteer and has a good personality.

More to come...

Evil-Doers Beware!

The Protectorate will eliminate you.

You cannot compete with the powers of the Earth, Space, and Time. The mighty Thor and his hammer dare you to come towards his island.

What's that? You say you bring evil powers from another dimension? Hellboy and Yoda await a challenge.

Are you having a tough time concentrating on evil? That is because you are lost within Stripperella's super-sexy power moves. You stare at Storm's beauty seconds before you feel the hot zap of lightning crisping your bones.

Away from my island, evil-doers.

The rankings are in, and here's how they stand. I totaled the vote position for every member, and then used total # of #1 overall votes as a tie break (in parenthesis):

1. Jespher 43 (2)
2. NoBonus 61 (3)
3. Löwenherz 65 (0)
4. NME 72 (3)
5. Kingsnation 84 (2)
6. Spike 91 (0)
7. Vikinginferno 92 (2)
8. Mad D 96 (0)
9. Venom_7 97 (0)
10. GoGoGadget 100 (0)
11. Bdouble013 101 (0)
12. Geraldwallace#3 109 (1)
13. Bricklayer 121 (0)
14. Prophetess 124 (0)
15. Larry89 135 (0)
16. AleksandarN 153 (0)

Last edited:
I got #8 in the Babe draft too (along with other things non kings related) :-\ I'm cursed with that number. My villain team was rated lower but I thought that team was better than my heroes.

Last edited:
The Vanguard continued...

Now to my power forward/bad***:

Spawn

Comparison
:

No doubt the most bad*** superhero. Spawn is fighting for a good cause, but will not play clean. Spawn is practically immortal and with his vast array of abilities, he will be able to stop anyone and also provide a large intimidation factor. He also weighs over 500 pounds with all that muscle. He will be a fantastic man to have on the island and will make sure there is justice.

Center/Tank:

The Thing

Comparison:

The Thing may just look like someone who is super strong, but dumb, but that is not the case one bit. Although he is one of the strongest heroes, he has great agility, reflexes, and is a very skilled pilot, so he can protect from the air when necessary. He can come at those villains with his brute strength or he can use his many hand to hand combat skills such as jujutsu and much more.

Last edited: