Seth Curry signed by Kings

This performance was over a year ago and he's a better player now. The guy is fully capable of entering the zone on any given night, with a full array of shots off the dribble,...tear drops off glass, long quick release threes. I like the move...

I was actually wishing Kings get him but I thought for sure Pelicans would sign him with Gentry, ex Warriors coach, on the team.

I was surprised Kings got him. Now all the Kings need to do is sign Mychel Thompson, Klay's bro and build Kings own Splash Bros!! Lol!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Two things I really love:

1. Vlade actually swooped in and stole Seth Curry from the Pelicans.
2. Vlade didn't waste any words on Twitter:
Vlade Divac ‏@bgoodvlade
@Vivek you can start shaving.
Too bad at the last really. Means we're done, and we closed with basically a whimper. Same sorts of scrubs and reaches the Kings have always gone for over the long dark age to fill out the roster.

Luckily we already did really good work, actually looking like a true professional NBA team for a few weeks there from late June until mid July, so I'm willing to forgive being cheap late in the process. As long as we stay healthy it won't have a huge impact.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Too bad at the last really. Means we're done, and we closed with basically a whimper. Same sorts of scrubs and reaches the Kings have always gone for over the long dark age to fill out the roster.

Luckily we already did really good work, actually looking like a true professional NBA team for a few weeks there from late June until mid July, so I'm willing to forgive being cheap late in the process. As long as we stay healthy it won't have a huge impact.
I refuse to allow you to rain on my parade. I'm happier about this free agency than I've been in a VERY long time. AT least the scrubs and reaches are for the end of the bench and not the starting five. :p

Based on what exactly? Ray at least has played some minutes in the league, not small minutes either. Seth has the last name going for him I guess but other than that, he won't see the light of day on the court IMO.
san antonio swooped him up. the most stable organization in league sees something in him.

Guy will be 25 before training camp and has a whopping 21 mins of NBA game time to his name.

I'd have brought back Dre instead. And he wanted to be here. Maybe it'll click with Seth and he can offer something at this level but the deck is stacked against him. Guys rarely become NBA caliber guards at 25 who weren't prior and/or weren't overseas.
Yeah Miller was needed IMO to hold the fort down just in case something happened with Rondo or Collison this year. He would have helped with the transition of new players to a new system as well.

If Seth works out great, but Miller would have been absolutely delightful deep on the bench playing occasional vital minutes any time you called his number.

Well, since a couple Summer League performances somehow proved that Emmanuel Mudiay will be a star, I wonder what the ceiling is for Seth Curry and his 24+ PPG average? MVP?? As we now know, Summer League is the end all, be all.

In all seriousness, I hope the improvement Seth displayed in D-League and Vegas translate over. We surely can use a dead-eye shooter.

People trying to find bad things about the signing of the 13th man on the roster is fascinating.
right? these recent the signings are for the 14th and 15th players. do they even dress for the games? im fine with a couple d-leaguers or summer league players that might have potential. our rotation is pretty much set and i cant really complain about the last few signings to fill out the roster. you act like we were gonna get the dream team here or something. we had a great off season and you are mad because we didnt get lebron and anthony davis to fill out end of the bench :rolleyes:

Stop complaining! When is the last time we have had an offseason like this? We signed at least 3 FA's that will be starters/major rotation players. Who cares about the end of the bench guy. You can't play all 13 players anyway. This is a no risk/high reward move.

Also, this was Vlade's move....not Vivek's.

Was hoping for more too but hey, we can't sign everyone. There's a bunch of other teams out there that can offer these guys more money, a more exciting city and a better chance at the playoffs so we can't expect Vlade to sign all the best available free agents.

On the bright side, Seth Curry is a much much better prospect than the ones we usually give a flyer on.

So it seems that if Moreland makes it to 8/1 he is guaranteed for the year

If that is the case, then I would think Stockton would have to be waived to get to 15 players to start season

So if we want Seth to be 3rd Active PG (Karl can run his two PG back court)

Anderson and Dukan inactive or at DL as 14th and 15th

Cuz,Koufos
WCS,Acy,Moreland
Gay,Casspi,Butler
Ben,Marcos
Rondo,DC,Seth

OR switch Anderson with Moreland

I love this team!!!!!!!

So it seems that if Moreland makes it to 8/1 he is guaranteed for the year

If that is the case, then I would think Stockton would have to be waived to get to 15 players to start season

So if we want Seth to be 3rd Active PG (Karl can run his two PG back court)

Anderson and Dukan inactive or at DL as 14th and 15th

Cuz,Koufos
WCS,Acy,Moreland
Gay,Casspi,Butler
Ben,Marcos
Rondo,DC,Seth

OR switch Anderson with Moreland

I love this team!!!!!!!
Rumor about Denver and Miami being interested in Moreland early on. I think we may get a pretty high protected second for him, basically meaning we won't receive it most likely. Like top 50 protected. But I think that's what we will do.

Based on what exactly? Ray at least has played some minutes in the league, not small minutes either. Seth has the last name going for him I guess but other than that, he won't see the light of day on the court IMO.

Ray is a good hustle guy, I'm not going to say anything bad about him. Just the fact that he was drafted by Sac and played hard for us every night means I will root for him wherever he goes throughout his career...

With that being said, I'm a hell of a lot more confident in Seth taking an open shot off the bench (even with the small sample size) than I am Ray. He seemed incapable of knocking down an open shot. I know, we really shouldn't need a guy like Ray to make shots for us. He should just be the guy who runs the offense and plays hard. Unfortunately when your on a historically bad bench like he was, it stands out like a sore thumb.

I'm also forever the optimist when it comes to the Kings man! lol
Vlade was the best thing to happen to us once, whose to say he can't bring the magic again?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Rumor about Denver and Miami being interested in Moreland early on. I think we may get a pretty high protected second for him, basically meaning we won't receive it most likely. Like top 50 protected. But I think that's what we will do.
Why would we do that? Get nothing for Moreland? We're kind of thin at big man, and Moreland can be useful. We'll probably just cut Stockton.

I like the signing for the mere fact that he gives the kings a lights out shooter as a third point guard.

Given that rondo is not a shooter, the kings desperately needed a shooter in the back court.

Andre miller would have been nice as a third guard, but I think vlade decided on shooting with potential over play making at the third point guard.

Vlade basically traded Ray Mac for Seth Curry and a future 2nd round pick.

Seth will definitely give us a better shooter at the 3rd pg than ray Mac.

We can now trot out a line up of some pretty damn good shooters all the sudden.

If Curry gets his sea legs soon (no reason to think he won't). We can have:

Curry
Belinelli
BMac
Gay
Cousins

That is a crap ton of offensive firepower. Damn. Open threes all day, or just let Cuz go one on one... take your pick!