Seth Curry signed by Kings

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I feel like there's no differences between him and jimmer
no no, Jimmer was drafted because the Maloofs were fad chasing idiots.

Seth was signed because Vivek is a fad/GS chasing idiot.

There's a difference! :p

We'll see. We appear to have decided the way to get in some extra shooting is to sign up the SL shooting heroes and hope something sticks. Nothing the matter with that as long as you don't pass up signing actual NBA level players for depth along the way.

I feel like there's no differences between him and jimmer
I think Curry has developed a better handle through these past couple of years and is better off the dribble. Need to do more research on him but congrats to him, must be tough to be not only in the shadow of Steph but Dell as well. He scratched and clawed his way to this contract, at the very least we are getting another pro and high character guy.

This seems like a minimum deal though, we still have the mid level exception right?

atta babe.

Good signing. One thing we've done really, really well in the Vivek era is signing cheap guys like this to throw in our D-League/end of bench who have some upside. All it takes is one to break through and be a contributor to the main team.

Seth can shoot the lights out and he's really improved his game the past couple seasons in the D-League. And the dude destroyed everyone in SL. Why not see if he can stick with the big boys?

Last edited:
Feels like a lateral move to me... doesn't really add or subtract but hey, I would love to be pleasantly surprised. If he has even 5% of his brother's magic, I would be ok with that from a 3rd PG. I am guessing this rules out Andre Miller, which burns a little as I really enjoyed having him last year. A pro's pro. I wonder who we are going to throw the mid-level to? As far as I know we still have it right?

no no, Jimmer was drafted because the Maloofs were fad chasing idiots.

Seth was signed because Vivek is a fad/GS chasing idiot.

There's a difference! :p

We'll see. We appear to have decided the way to get in some extra shooting is to sign up the SL shooting heroes and hope something sticks. Nothing the matter with that as long as you don't pass up signing actual NBA level players for depth along the way.
That's exactly what we have a ton of. There are 2 ways that you should populate the very end of your bench. Young dudes with some upside but aren't ready for real roles (Stockton, Moreland, Curry, Dukan (meh on upside) ) or old grizzled veterans who walked 20 miles in the snow to get to school (Miller, Mbah slightly, Butler).

I like that we're trying to find the diamond in the rough. We aren't good enough for real old grizzled veterans to want to come and play here. The only reason one was willing was because of his past connection to the coach.

Stashing players, developing them. Almost like we're acting like a real team.

I had a feeling this signing was going to happen because of the lack of shooting our team still had and he did show some improvement in the summer league with his handle and getting to the rack

While the outcome of this is questionable, but on the good side, this looks like a good publicity move -- maybe even pulling some fans from GS to Sac, especially during this ripe time to bandwagon before the bandwagon. Well done.

haven't seen this guy play but im very interested to see what he can bring to the table. having steph as his older brother/m0entor doesn't hurt at all.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Guy will be 25 before training camp and has a whopping 21 mins of NBA game time to his name.

I'd have brought back Dre instead. And he wanted to be here. Maybe it'll click with Seth and he can offer something at this level but the deck is stacked against him. Guys rarely become NBA caliber guards at 25 who weren't prior and/or weren't overseas.

S

sactownfan

So we turned Ray Mac into 2nd round pick + Seth Curry...nice. Vlade working like a BOSS! We could use Curry's shooting.
well we KNOW what Ray was... he's a 3rd point guard at best and his shooting wasn't dependable.

Curry is known as a knock down shooter, who has added a lot to his game... So taking a chance on him is a great move... He's got solid pedigree and he was summer league MVP using skills that could translate to the NBA...

This could be a home run.... or a total non factor... HUGE REWARD.. low risk move

Guy will be 25 before training camp and has a whopping 21 mins of NBA game time to his name.

I'd have brought back Dre instead. And he wanted to be here. Maybe it'll click with Seth and he can offer something at this level but the deck is stacked against him. Guys rarely become NBA caliber guards at 25 who weren't prior and/or weren't overseas.
Looks like Seth's problem was he came into the league as a SHOOTING GUARD, which was not going to work out given that he's only 6'2 ....even shorter than his brother Steph. He looks like he's improved his handles and has converted himself into a PG.

Looks like Seth's problem was he came into the league as a SHOOTING GUARD, which was not going to work out given that he's only 6'2 ....even shorter than his brother Steph. He looks like he's improved his handles and has converted himself into a PG.
IIRC Steph came in to the league the same way, so fingers crossed

I'm pretty sure Seth could have went abroad and played basketball. He chose to stay in the States and play in the D league. His stats have been good in the D league so the recent success in Summer League is not a fluke. I think it is worth a shot to see what he can do.

Seth Curry - D League Stats - http://www.basketball-reference.com/dleague/players/c/curryse01d.html

As for Andre Miller there must be a reason Vlade has not signed him yet.

well we KNOW what Ray was... he's a 3rd point guard at best and his shooting wasn't dependable.

Curry is known as a knock down shooter, who has added a lot to his game... So taking a chance on him is a great move... He's got solid pedigree and he was summer league MVP using skills that could translate to the NBA...

This could be a home run.... or a total non factor... HUGE REWARD.. low risk move
Yeah agree, the one thing that kept Ray Mac from being a good backup point guard was that his shooting wasn't reliable. He can make a 3 pointer, but you can't count on him.

Miller was redundant with Rondo. Seth might add another option to our roster, if he is able to defend his position.
Last season showed, that Gay, Casspi and Cuz can provide enough playmaking and passing to play more of a SG or a 3&D type player at PG for spurts.
If we come away with our own Mills or Delly this is a huge improvement for the end of our bench.