[Game] Rockets @ Kings - 2/10/13

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I wonder if the free tacos have real meat or are a mixture of fake meat/pink slime like taco bell.
Jack In The Box tacos are corn tortillas filled with meat paste (tasty, tasty meat paste) and a slice of american cheese, then deep-fried whole.

They may be gross, but they're delicious. :D

Disagree. On the more talent. Built better, sure... Our team is pretty stacked with talent, but it fits like a square in a circle.
I hear this a lot, but other than Tyreke (a guard who can't shoot), I don't see pieces that are hard to fit together. What I do see a small-ball-loving coach that has no clue about rotations.

I hear this a lot, but other than Tyreke (a guard who can't shoot), I don't see pieces that are hard to fit together. What I do see a small-ball-loving coach that has no clue about rotations.
A good statement. But Tyreke does fit in the circle for one reason: his trade value. I believe if we package him with Honeycutt we can get Danny Granger from the Pacers, or Pau Gasol from the Lakers.

Also, we should start referring to the coach as Coach Not-so-Smart.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
A good statement. But Tyreke does fit in the circle for one reason: his trade value. I believe if we package him with Honeycutt we can get Danny Granger from the pacers, or Pau Gasol from the Lakers
First off, we don't trade with the Lakers. Second off, his foot literally just got shredded. Third, he's freaking old. And expensive.

Chicago and the Bucks.
I'm liking Salmons more this year than in years past. Mostly because he's been willing to take a backseat and just be a roleplayer. If this was 5 years ago, he'd be trying to take all the shots away from DMC and Reke (almost like IT...um, anyways....).

That being said, I don't feel like he was a major reason for the Bulls and Bucks' successes during those couple seasons. Both teams had decent talent. I've always felt like any team that has Salmons will always be, at best, a mediocre team. And that's exactly what those two teams were. Mediocre, able to be competitive in a 1st round matchup, but that's their peak.

With that being said, however, there is absolutely no denying the fact that when Fish plays well, we're usually winning or at least competitive.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm liking Salmons more this year than in years past. Mostly because he's been willing to take a backseat and just be a roleplayer. If this was 5 years ago, he'd be trying to take all the shots away from DMC and Reke (almost like IT...um, anyways....).

That being said, I don't feel like he was a major reason for the Bulls and Bucks' successes during those couple seasons. Both teams had decent talent. I've always felt like any team that has Salmons will always be, at best, a mediocre team. And that's exactly what those two teams were. Mediocre, able to be competitive in a 1st round matchup, but that's their peak.

With that being said, however, there is absolutely no denying the fact that when Fish plays well, we're usually winning or at least competitive.
While he wasn't the reason per se, he was a key part in solidifying their rotations alongside shaky young guards in D-Rose and Jennings as they made surprise runs at the playoffs.

While he wasn't the reason per se, he was a key part in solidifying their rotations alongside shaky young guards in D-Rose and Jennings as they made surprise runs at the playoffs.
I'll agree with that. And I'll also say that I believe that, when looking back at his career, those will be remembered for his all around best years. It's a shame we had him both before AND after those respective years.