One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hey, this is like one of those logic puzzles, where you have to use a few clues to infer the rest. So I have:
  • Woj being fed by Fegan, at least on the issue of Cousins being traded.
  • Jones being fed by PDA....his last series of tweets said PDA was against Karl hire.
  • Ailene being fed by...Karl? Not sure.
  • Amick I personally trust. I've always trusted that guy.
  • Carmichael I trust, although I know he knows people. I just don't think he has an agenda, personally.
  • Broussard just makes stuff up based on what other people have already said.
  • Marc Spiers, not sure. Maybe trust him?
  • Bucher pulls information directly from his...nethers...and reports whatever he finds.
  • ESPN makes up whatever will get the most clicks.
After that, I'm lost, because I'm trying to do too many things at once. Who else do you guys have?
Jason Jones and PDA? I don't think so. Right now, Jones seems to be getting good stuff from within the Kings organization. That wouldn't be PDA.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
"sources" ... "mentioned in LEAGUE circles" ... Jones doesn't say it's the Kings. ;)
The idea firing Karl hasn't been discussed/broached on some level is foolish to me. It implies Vlade doesn't understand basic crises management.

I don't really need direct proof of it, it's putting 2 and 2 together. Vivek/Vlade furious, Cuz doesn't want to play for Karl.

Jason Jones and PDA? I don't think so. Right now, Jones seems to be getting good stuff from within the Kings organization. That wouldn't be PDA.
Yeah, the only reason I had Jones getting stuff from PDA was because his last series of tweets talked about how PDA was against the Karl hire, when almost everything else I've seen and heard (including the podcast from Ham and Bruski a couple of weeks back) indicated that he facilitated the Karl hire. But thinking about it, Jones the local reporter probably isn't doing big favors for PDA any more.

Honestly, I just wanted to get my list out there so some people closer to the situation could weigh in.

I'd say judging be Voisin's close relationship with PDA and now apparently getting fed by a source close to Karl, as that tweet I posted suggests, that Jones' source is closer to the other side of the situation, Vlade/Vivek.

Which for me currently puts more weight on what Jones is saying.

Analyzing this situation and this year could be a semester long class at your local University. Twists and turns at every corner.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The idea firing Karl hasn't been discussed/broached on some level is foolish to me. It implies Vlade doesn't understand basic crises management.

I don't really need direct proof of it, it's putting 2 and 2 together. Vivek/Vlade furious, Cuz doesn't want to play for Karl.
I'm sure that it's been discussed. I'm also sure that Jones chose those words specifically, as I do not believe he got a leak from anyone close to the situation. I don't want to argue about this, though. We've been getting along so well lately. ;)

When demarcus signed his contract a few years ago everyone was happy.
Now was there a clause that says we have to coddle DMC?
Do we have to pat him on the head and tell him everythings fine? Why doesn't DMC want to play for a hall of fame coach?

Grant is melting down. HILARIOUS!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
When demarcus signed his contract a few years ago everyone was happy.
Now was there a clause that says we have to coddle DMC?
Do we have to pat him on the head and tell him everythings fine? Why doesn't DMC want to play for a hall of fame coach?

Grant is melting down. HILARIOUS!!!!
Thanks for the tip. Saves me the trouble of tuning in and then turning it off. I refuse to listen to Grant as he stirs the pot even further. Writers try for clicks. Napear tries to boost his ratings.

Oh, stop the presses. Grant Napear is yelling about something. :p
And he is yelling.
Grant would rather go with George Karl. That says it all for me.
Ive listend to every show available, CBS radio, ESPN, Mike and Mike, etc, and Grant is the only one saying that he would choose a geriatric coach (who will be here for 3 years tops) over a 24 year old near superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.