One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always skeptical of journalists who write stories with anonymous sources making essentially unfalsifiable claims . Anyone can reasonably infer from the recent leaks (the majority of which almost certainly come from Fegan) that Vivek would have cause to consider terminating Karl. And there is really nothing, not even a flat denial from Vivek himself, that could convincingly refute this claim. So maybe Vivek went off the handle when stuff was hitting the fan and some ball boy overheard him and leaked it to this reporter, but I find it just as likely that the reporter is trying to pass off a common sense inference as juicy intel from inside the Kings organization, knowing full well that there is no chance of anyone ever catching them in the lie.

I was against picking WCS before the draft, but honestly imagining him and DMC with Rudy in the front court....whoooo....that could develop into to one of if not the best front court in the nba! I mean obviously it's on WCS to get get better which I'm hoping he will. I'm looking forward to an even better DMC and an even better team overall next year! If things don't go to complete hell we could be a playoff team no doubt!

Denver isn't going to do that. Why would they take a handful of our crappy players in exchange for a couple of their best ones? No team out there wants to be the 2014 Sacramento Kings.

I'm not as against Rudy at the PF as you guys are. It was mildly effective last year. Rudy actually excelled on defense against non Griffin/Randolph type power forwards. He seemed to be able to defend them better than most SF's. Karl would start a traditional lineup against teams that had a traditional PF.

I'd say it looked good enough for the few games they did it last year to see if it was for real or not. His defense on Anthony Davis was pretty good too.
Against certain teams they may get away with that, but don't go and think he can start doing that because the Warriors got away by doing it for one season. This is not the norm in the NBA, it's the exception.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: This thread has become a hodge-podge of a lot of stuff besides the original intent for it to be about the Cousins trade rumors. Since it's now some 50+ pages and since we're now past draft day (when it was first thought Cousins might be moved) I'm closing this thread in favor of a sequel (that won't have 1500+ posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.