One AND ONLY Cousins trade rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Kings franchise get their act together and run the team correctly? is that to much too ask for? My god!! you fire Malone then sign Tyrone Corbin for the rest of the season to just fire in 2 months later to hire George Karl, who now considering firing all in less than 1 year!

Blurb about Vivek considering firing Karl just popped up on the scrolling marquee on ESPN.
ESPN News Director: "What's the most interesting thing we could put in the crawl right now?"
ESPN News Graphics Production Assistant: "Does it have to be true?"
ESPN News Director: "Depends, who is it about?"
ESPN News Graphics Production Assistant: "I was thinking the Kings."
(both laugh)
ESPN News Graphics Production Assistant: "Let's say their owner is thinking about firing Karl."

"I like it...go with it."

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Can the Kings franchise get their act together and run the team correctly? is that to much too ask for? My god!! you fire Malone then sign Tyrone Corbin for the rest of the season to just fire in 2 months later to hire George Karl, who now considering firing all in less than 1 year!
The question with Karl is can HE get his act together and run himself correctly. Because if he can't the mistake in that one will have been the hire, and the sooner its corrected the better.

If you can stuff him back into his lane and his arthritis prevents him from crawling back out to cause any more trouble, then its on you to calm down and get your own act together.

I stopped years ago.
Two years Grant free for me. With online content in my car I have found my old radio sitcoms to listen to (Gildersleeve/fibber mcgee) ect ect. Love those old shows. They used to play them a lot of 1530 in the 90s and early 2000s during the late evenings. That's when I got hooked on those two shows. Now all of them are on the internet so I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to the 1000+ episodes of the two shows.

Been almost two years since I have listened to grant since finding those shows :)

And no, I am not that old... I am a youngster who liked oldtime radio is all. I am a 30s-40s-50s buff. Love everything to do with those decades.

Bricklayer

Two years Grant free for me. With online content in my car I have found my old radio sitcoms to listen to (Gildersleeve/fibber mcgee) ect ect. Love those old shows. They used to play them a lot of 1530 in the 90s and early 2000s during the late evenings. That's when I got hooked on those two shows. Now all of them are on the internet so I plug my phone into my car stereo and listen to the 1000+ episodes of the two shows.

Been almost two years since I have listened to grant since finding those shows :)

And no, I am not that old... I am a youngster who liked oldtime radio is all. I am a 30s-40s-50s buff. Love everything to do with those decades.
Yeah. Cool wars and Great Depressions. :)

Yeah. Cool wars and Great Depressions. :)

Historically mostly. And they don't call them the "greatest generation" for nothing. They went through a LOT in their lifetimes. There is no shortage of stories when talking to one from that generation. Still have my 97 year old Grandfather WWII vet in Okinawa. Some of the stories are just crazy. Interesting though..

He lived in a lumber camp when he was a child. Those are the kinds of experiences the GEN X and Millenials needed. We're soft, as seen at every sporting event when everyone gets a participation trophy. If I had a kid I wouldn't let him keep a stupid participation trophy. You win or you lose lol. You don't get trophies for just being there.

Ailene Voisin ‏@ailene_voisin 13m13 minutes ago
To repeat: this is not 2013-14: Vlade Divac firmly in charge. He will handle any alleged Karl, Cousins issues.
The Vlade addition has truly been strange/incredible. Everyone thought this was a PR move but despite all of the turmoil, everything has gone "according to plan" and we're better off today than we were a the beginning of last season.

Bricklayer

Actually be kind of nice to see Cuz tweet a welcome to WCS, who I would expect him to know and welcome. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but increases the perception of him detached from the team and unwilling to engage, in worst case because he's not sure he's going to be part of the team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Actually be kind of nice to see Cuz tweet a welcome to WCS, who I would expect him to know and welcome. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but increases the perception of him detached from the team and unwilling to engage, in worst case because he's not sure he's going to be part of the team.
To be fair, no one from the organization has tweeted anything yet.

James Ham ‏@James_Ham 4m4 minutes ago
Willie Cauley-Stein introductory media phone call is in 10 minutes. Followed by Vlade Divac.

WCS is a full-on commitment to a WCS/Cuz pairing. That pick doesn't work if we trade Cuz this summer or over the next season or two.

Which for me means to double down on firing Karl. Just can't risk it. Issues with Karl never go away. It's in his DNA. There's just no way I risk issues going into next season, a blow up, a midseason trade or firing of Karl when SHTF and another season tossed away.

I have never seen issues like this between a player and coach swept under the rug and ultimately solved without one or the other going.

The lack of professionalism from this organization is staggering. To have a news article that Vivek is "considering firing Karl" just shows you how ridiculous it is. If Vivek is "considering" firing Karl, or hiring a new GM or selling the freaking team, he should be able to have enough discipline to shut his mouth about his "considerations." But no, he had to blab it - to an associate, to the media, to who the heck knows, but he blabs his undisciplined thoughts and - VOILA! - the Kings are even more of a joke than they were already! That's not hyperbole, that's not exaggeration. If you're a talking head right now and you need a laugh, what do you do? Bring up the Kings! That will get a laugh, or at least a smile. I thought this organization had dug a deep deep talent deprived hole with its legacy of personnel failures. But that's the least of it! They are digging a hole they may never get out of - their reputation. Once you've lost your rep, you've lost ground forever with FAs, potential coaches, and the media giving you a fair shake. Every negative story that is forthcoming from the media will be given the benefit of the doubt because this organization is so inept.

J

jdbraver

The lack of professionalism from this organization is staggering. To have a news article that Vivek is "considering firing Karl" just shows you how ridiculous it is. If Vivek is "considering" firing Karl, or hiring a new GM or selling the freaking team, he should be able to have enough discipline to shut his mouth about his "considerations." But no, he had to blab it - to an associate, to the media, to who the heck knows, but he blabs his undisciplined thoughts and - VOILA! - the Kings are even more of a joke than they were already! That's not hyperbole, that's not exaggeration. If you're a talking head right now and you need a laugh, what do you do? Bring up the Kings! That will get a laugh, or at least a smile. I thought this organization had dug a deep deep talent deprived hole with its legacy of personnel failures. But that's the least of it! They are digging a hole they may never get out of - their reputation. Once you've lost your rep, you've lost ground forever with FAs, potential coaches, and the media giving you a fair shake. Every negative story that is forthcoming from the media will be given the benefit of the doubt because this organization is so inept.
Vlade seems to have put the smack down on things.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Just takes an 8-4 start. Last year we were becoming darlings until cousins went down then it snowballed. Wins will always silence the critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.