Mavs @ Kings Game Thread

piksi

Hall of Famer
8 game losing streak wraped between two Clippers games brought us close to the goal - top 3 pick - but those 2 wins against Clippers hurt us big time and the consequences will be seen later. What else is new - we have done that before. In related news Noah had 17/15/4/4 last night while Spencer can only have such numbers on the play station game. Win against Clippers was the difference there too couple years back.
Anyways Kings are 25-54 now going from 3 worst team in the NBA to 5 worst. Wooooooot!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It was clear that it would be very hard to get a lin last night agaist a horrible team on the second night of the back to back but it wasn't impossible. This kings team hasn't scored 100 points once during 8 game skid playing NBA giants like Nets, Wolves, Pacers. If nets can hold you to 79 points - Clippers could to if you were smart. But, no - home crowd, bad opponent and opportunity to "beat up on a handicaped" Clippers was too hard to pass up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings have lost way over 200 games in the last 4 seasons but only last sason we did it right. kenny Natt is my hero. He gave us opportunity to get Evans but mainly we got him because for once we did something right. You don't get by in the NBA, things just don't work out if you are small market. Your margin for error is way lower than big market teams that can attract whomever they want. Players just don't stand in the line to play for the Kings. Even Webber didin't want to be here. Do you really expext someone really good to come here ? Get real!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
20 million in cap space means nothging other than that we will overpay some mediocre player who will get hurt in his 5th game and miss next 5 years due to injuries. High draft picks means a lot and I could list you the track record of FA signings vs Draft picks in the last decade or so but it is so one sided and depressing. You have to help yourself any way possible because if you don't no one will. And all the talk about "morality" of losing intentionally is a such a BS when it coomes to the NBA. The list is long. The last night's game was only watched by some Kings fan and all 5 Clippers fans. No one else watched it because no one else cares about 2 very bad teams that have lost about 110 games combined. People would rather wach tape of the poker tournament from 1983.
We can not afford to get another woss. It would be devastating and unfortunately we will have opportunities as we host the Rockets who don't care and go to LA who will rest everyone. We have done enough damage last night. There is a Favors vs Cousines thread in the personal forum. people are mentioning Wall, Turner. Guess what - we get another woss and we won't see any of them. Maybe Spencer has a twin brother. One is certain - we will get what we deserve just like everyone else.
Evans took care of business and will have no problem having the "20/5/5" season. Alone that was worth it. We have something going here. we need to do everything we can. I don't know how many losses James, Jordan and RObertson had totaled after their first 2 NBA seasons but Evans will have 100 if we screw this up. Stats are extremely meaningless in the NBA because they paint a wrong picture. Only titles matter. Evans would not be any less impressive if he averaged 18/4/4. Wouldn't change a thing how we see him as a player. He needs help, lots of it. Other teams have just as many "prospects" as we do. Everyone is trying to improve but not everyone can get Gasol for bag of peanuts.
This summer we will play 2 games. One we will call - "can we draft someone over 6'7''/" and the other game will be - "who will we overpay because we have the money and no one wants to come here?." If we can beat the odds on one of them we will be that much better. This is our last realistic chance of getting a high pick. It just has to be capitalized because next season we will win 30+ and then it will be Hawes after Hawes after Hawes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I should have put a poll with a question - would you want Kings to have a winning season and play post April 15th any time soon. Doesn't look like it matters except it does. Look at the attendance. More and more fans are dresses as ARCO chair. Strange fashion if you ask me. No one likes losing. It sucks and it is depressing but it is the only way. The more we lose now - the more we will win SOONER than later.Kings made postseason 8 straight times and this is the 4th losing season. It could be 8th before you know it.
I refuse to comment such a meaningless game than wouldn't be watched by neutral audience if it was the only thing on TV. Props to Evans by taking care of things. At least one person gets the deserved praise. Clippers suck so bad - they shouldn't even be in the NBA. They won 2 more games than we did this season - think about that.
AWARD TIME

TDM - nobody

LW-VC - everybody

JHA - Noc

MIKKI - may

SAR- Skinner

RA&1 - Blake

Jax/Walk - Butler

WTF/JT moment of the game - the game
Mavs need a win which is good for us because we don't. They will be on the back to back game but it shouldn't matter. evans needs to get his and we need a lin.

my matchups

Evans vs 20/5/5 - almost there

Lings vs - lin - must lin game for us.
--------------------------------------------------------
Evans - make it happen

rest of the team -help him make it happen and don't get hurt
Mavs don't suck but I don't like them anyways.

Last edited:
8 game losing streak wraped between two Clippers games brought us close to the goal - top 3 pick - but those 2 wins against Clippers hurt us big time and the consequences will be seen later. What else is new - we have done that before. In related news Noah had 17/15/4/4 last night while Spencer can only have such numbers on the play station game. Win against Clippers was the difference there too couple years back.
Anyways Kings are 25-54 now going from 3 worst team in the NBA to 5 worst. Wooooooot!!!
My brother and I talk about the Noah thing every now and then. It the lottery went a little different then Noah would have been getting all the rebounds on our team rather then for the Bulls. You can say what you want about Noah, but he is developing great.

Oh that note, was it true that in their second season that we were offered to trade Spencer for Noah? I thought I heard that rumor back then. of course we wouldn't have taken it at the time because Spencer doing great at that point.

My brother and I talk about the Noah thing every now and then. It the lottery went a little different then Noah would have been getting all the rebounds on our team rather then for the Bulls. You can say what you want about Noah, but he is developing great.

Oh that note, was it true that in their second season that we were offered to trade Spencer for Noah? I thought I heard that rumor back then. of course we wouldn't have taken it at the time because Spencer doing great at that point.
I think it was the other way around!

GP liked Noah and would have drafted him if Chicago didn't pick him a pick before ours. For the 2 years after that GP tried to trade for Noah but Bulls were not interested. I think we even offered then Hawes for Noah last year when Hawes was playing much better than Noah but they were not interested.

Maybe we make up for it this year by being lucky enough to get Favors or Cousins.

I think it was the other way around!

GP liked Noah and would have drafted him if Chicago didn't pick him a pick before ours. For the 2 years after that GP tried to trade for Noah but Bulls were not interested. I think we even offered then Hawes for Noah last year when Hawes was playing much better than Noah but they were not interested.

Maybe we make up for it this year by being lucky enough to get Favors or Cousins.
Thanks for the info!

Wish we got a little luckier on that draft. Hopefully Hawes has a break out year next year!

Thanks for the info!

Wish we got a little luckier on that draft. Hopefully Hawes has a break out year next year!
Definitely. I'm looking forward to see how Spencer spends his offseason now that we've got a real coaching staff as well as other dedicated young guys on the team. If he doesn't show any improvement in his strength and play next season then I'll be ready to start dissing him.

L

LWP777

I have an awful feeling that the Kings are going to win tonight. Does this game have any meaning for the Mavs? Do they need to keep winning to ensure the 2nd seed?

I have an awful feeling that the Kings are going to win tonight. Does this game have any meaning for the Mavs? Do they need to keep winning to ensure the 2nd seed?
Yup, they need to pretty much win out to get the 2nd seed...Denver is tied with them, and Utah is only a half game behind both. I dont think there will be a problem with Dallas showing up to win tonight.

Houston may be a problem. And the lakers, who knows. It's not the last game for them when we play them. They get the clippers the next day. But since they've got the 1 seed locked up I'm not sure who they'll play. It is a back to back for the kings I believe. I'm pretty sure we play Houston on Monday and fly down to LA the next day.

The MAVs want this one so they're going to show up. Should be a good competitive game. So let's wipe 'em up. Go Kings. After all we can't draft any worse than ninth, and maybe better. Just think how jacked the players will be when they cream Dallas tonight.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The MAVs want this one so they're going to show up. Should be a good competitive game. So let's wipe 'em up. Go Kings. After all we can't draft any worse than ninth, and maybe better. Just think how jacked the players will be when they cream Dallas tonight.

You're pushing this aggressively looking for a reaction, but that's just really rollie eyes stuff. Yeah, can't pick worse than 9th! Woot!

Sun Tzu you ain't.

You're pushing this aggressively looking for a reaction, but that's just really rollie eyes stuff. Yeah, can't pick worse than 9th! Woot!

Sun Tzu you ain't.
Actually, not quite true anyway.

We could get 9th lottery spot (go 28-54 and lose coin flip with NYK), then have the ping pong balls drop us to 11th. Good thing it ain't gonna happen.

Kind of off topic, but do you guys really consider these NBA TV games national TV games?

As far as my thinking goes, we've had one this year against washington on ESPN. If the games on ESPN, TNT, or ABC, then its a national TV game .. but thats just me.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
So, you want to win another meaningless game in April, which in effect will kill any chance at a top 3 pick, because in your mind we won't pick any later than 9?

A win now does nothing for this franchise. Keep losing, and we put ourselves in a position to add a player thorugh the draft who will arguably be our 2nd best player next year. We will not get another chance at a top 5 pick for years. We must take advantage of it now.

Funny how you think our players will be jacked up after beating Dallas. I think everyone, from the front office down to the fans, will be considerably more jacked if we land a top 5 pick. Winning this game would do much less for this franchise than losing would. I honestly can't think of one good reason to win another game.

Especially when none of these 3 teams are in the same hemisphere (quality wise).as the clippers. Beating up on the clips is almost ok since they quite clearly are not even going to try to beat you. But I think we really need to take a page out of their book for our final games, since Detroit, Wash. and the Dubs are only going to give us so many shots! Swallow your pride Kings, and Lin it up because you would much rather have Reke hitting Favors for some prime time alley oops then Aldrich blocking shots (oops are just more entertaining to me).

Last edited: