Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

I’m sure the players get annoyed with Brown, he practices long and hard and is repetitive in his message. BUT, there isn’t a more honest coach out there and people respect that. He shows love both in the media and directly to the guys. He’s like your annoying dad that gets on you about changing the oil in your car and to watch your speed because there will be patrol officers out. Still got love for him.

I’m sure the players get annoyed with Brown, he practices long and hard and is repetitive in his message. BUT, there isn’t a more honest coach out there and people respect that. He shows love both in the media and directly to the guys. He’s like your annoying dad that gets on you about changing the oil in your car and to watch your speed because there will be patrol officers out. Still got love for him.
The proof is in the pudding. We won 48 games last year and we're on pace for a .600 win % again this year. If the guys didn't respond positively to Brown, we wouldn't be winning games

dude12

Hall of Famer
Look at how it went down with Malik a few games back. They had a grown man conversation later with Brown apologizing publicly to Malik for stopping coaching him in that half. He didn’t apologize for Malik’s errors on D but for how he handled it. That is how Brown can coach these guys hard……he’s the real deal.

Look at how it went down with Malik a few games back. They had a grown man conversation later with Brown apologizing publicly to Malik for stopping coaching him in that half. He didn’t apologize for Malik’s errors on D but for how he handled it. That is how Brown can coach these guys hard……he’s the real deal.
Also, Malik has had his best season and a half under Brown. If Malik "hated" how Brown coached, how would that be possible?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
From a "hey you match our risk we match yours" it sounds great but I'd argue moving Monk is like making a parlay bet on this. We tick off Monk, we tick off Fox, and we hope Siakam makes up for it and re-signs.

I think it's clear Monk is viewed as the "core 4" with Fox, Domas and Keegan.
Yeah, such a move is not without risks. I'd also add that such a move would tick off a lot of the fan base. On your last statement, though, I'm not as certain of that point. There's only so much money to go around. If they do bring in somebody like Siakam, something has got to give in the $ dept., imo, and Monk seems to me the likely casualty. But back to my original point: Then who would take Monk's place?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
And conversely, I really get the feeling that Brown is dealing with kids who say, "I know, I know, I know," and yet who continue with the same misbehavior.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Yeah, such a move is not without risks. I'd also add that such a move would tick off a lot of the fan base. On your last statement, though, I'm not as certain of that point. There's only so much money to go around. If they do bring in somebody like Siakam, something has got to give in the $ dept., imo, and Monk seems to me the likely casualty. But back to my original point: Then who would take Monk's place?
Sounds clear they would intend to keep Monk in a Siakam move. I know that their is a bit of a hurdle to get Monk to re-sign at our current cap level but I think the fit is there that if everything else was in place they'd go into tax to keep him.

There is nobody to take Monk's place and honestly I'm much more afraid of some team making him an offer we can't match for cap reasons than I am "replacing" Monk. His chemistry with Fox is off the charts and he still plays well when he's not sharing the court with his amigo.

Also, Malik has had his best season and a half under Brown. If Malik "hated" how Brown coached, how would that be possible?
Easily explainable. Malik is a hard-nosed, balls-to-the wall, and experienced player that will stand up to anybody...even his coach. He knows his worth to the team. That is just his tough grinder personality.

Malik often initiates in-game sideline discussions with Brown even if it results in reprisals coming his way. We are not privy to what is said but can guess that it is coaching and/or tactical suggestions. IIRC, Brown mentioned such in a presser awhile back.

Also, recall the incident in practice between Malik and Brown when the media was invited and overheard the negative comments from Brown and directed at Malik. Malik just shrugged it off like it never happened. He has an insulating factor based on self-confidence that allows him to ignore denigration and still perform his best. It is a rare trait that not many players possess.

Easily explainable. Malik is a hard-nosed, balls-to-the wall, and experienced player that will stand up to anybody...even his coach. He knows his worth to the team. That is just his tough grinder personality.

Malik often initiates in-game sideline discussions with Brown even if it results in reprisals coming his way. We are not privy to what is said but can guess that it is coaching and/or tactical suggestions. IIRC, Brown mentioned such in a presser awhile back.

Also, recall the incident in practice between Malik and Brown when the media was invited and overheard the negative comments from Brown and directed at Malik. Malik just shrugged it off like it never happened. He has an insulating factor based on self-confidence that allows him to ignore denigration and still perform his best. It is a rare trait that not many players possess.
You should work for a PR company, because your ability to spin anything positive about the Kings WITHOUT giving Brown credit is astounding.

He's not a perfect coach, by any means. His insistence on continuing to play McGee over Lyles small-ball 5 or Len is ridiculous at this point. Not finding a way to play Sasha with Domas more is a big mistake as well, imo.

But I'm also not arrogant enough to say I know more about NBA coaching than the reigning unanimous NBA coach of the year. You pretending you understand the psyche of our guys and how they "actually" feel about Brown is foolish. What we do have access to is how they play on the floor and our team record. And literally everything points to our guys loving playing under Brown and responding in a positive way to how he coaches. Otherwise, we would not be 69-48 during his tenure.

Sounds clear they would intend to keep Monk in a Siakam move. I know that their is a bit of a hurdle to get Monk to re-sign at our current cap level but I think the fit is there that if everything else was in place they'd go into tax to keep him.

There is nobody to take Monk's place and honestly I'm much more afraid of some team making him an offer we can't match for cap reasons than I am "replacing" Monk. His chemistry with Fox is off the charts and he still plays well when he's not sharing the court with his amigo.
I just don't get why the Raptors would want Monk considering they'd have to turn right around and sign him in the offseason. This kind of talk would have been on and right off and no negotiating one would think if it were based around players coming back. Usually this kind of stuff revolves around picks and protections. Maybe the Raptors were looking to see if the Kings could pick up some extra firsts by trading Monk?

You should work for a PR company, because your ability to spin anything positive about the Kings WITHOUT giving Brown credit is astounding.

He's not a perfect coach, by any means. His insistence on continuing to play McGee over Lyles small-ball 5 or Len is ridiculous at this point. Not finding a way to play Sasha with Domas more is a big mistake as well, imo.

But I'm also not arrogant enough to say I know more about NBA coaching than the reigning unanimous NBA coach of the year. You pretending you understand the psyche of our guys and how they "actually" feel about Brown is foolish. What we do have access to is how they play on the floor and our team record. And literally everything points to our guys loving playing under Brown and responding in a positive way to how he coaches. Otherwise, we would not be 69-48 during his tenure.
Fine. You can be unmoved by what is subtly before you. Time will reveal the valid view.

Be sure to remember that Coach Brown has been fired from three previous head coaching positions. During one tenure during which he was chosen Coach of the Year. Hmmmm.

Fine. You can be unmoved by what is subtly before you. Time will reveal the valid view.

Be sure to remember that Coach Brown has been fired from three previous head coaching positions. During one tenure during which he was chosen Coach of the Year. Hmmmm.
Charity bet?

If Brown is THIS bad of a coach and lost the locker room, he surely won't be coaching the start of next season? $100 to the charity of the winner's choice. I win if he's coach game 1 next year. You win if he's not.

Charity bet?

If Brown is THIS bad of a coach and lost the locker room, he surely won't be coaching the start of next season? $100 to the charity of the winner's choice. I win if he's coach game 1 next year. You win if he's not.
As I previously posted, it will take two to three years for the situation to become critical.

Oh, have you been follow the team's performance in today's game? Another hmmmm.

As I previously posted, it will take two to three years for the situation to become critical.

Oh, have you been follow the team's performance in today's game? Another hmmmm.
Lol so if a coach gets fired in 4-5 years, that's a "failure"? Have you ever watched professional sports before?

If you think today matters, then bet me. Either Brown is a horrible coach and will get fired as he lost the locker room, or your don't actually believe your take. You don't get to fire off the "Trust me dude, in 4 years, we'll probably fire Brown".

Lol so if a coach gets fired in 4-5 years, that's a "failure"? Have you ever watched professional sports before?

If you think today matters, then bet me. Either Brown is a horrible coach and will get fired as he lost the locker room, or your don't actually believe your take. You don't get to fire off the "Trust me dude, in 4 years, we'll probably fire Brown".
Now you've lost it and resorting to relying on the infamous "straw man". Time to live with reality. Good luck to you.

Oh, be sure to put me on "Ignore" if the truth is such a bother. End of replies.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member

You keep pointing this out and yet those situations aren't this one.

Cavs he got a LeBron and barely anybody there roster to the finals. LeBron wanted a new coach. LeBron has in the times since acknowledged it was a mistake and that Brown was a great coach.

Lakers he was coaching the sham of a dream team roster they had with Nash, Howard and Kobe. Those guys were hurt a lot and didn't want to have a coach.

Cavs again he was brought in for a year to manage a rebuild and LeBron came back and demanded they hire someone else. Again, LeBron has acknowledged that he butted heads with Brown while not knowing what was good for him.

In the time since, I believe Brown actually contemplated retiring. Coach Popp urged him to come down to San Antonio and stay tight, and ultimately recommended him to Kerr. That was like 8 years between leaving the Cavs and joining the Kings. He wound up second in command under a super players coach (Kerr) and has said it changed his views a lot.

He's not the coach that "got fired three times". I don't know that he's the coach that will ultimately bring the title to Sacramento but he's better than anyone that's been here since Adelman in the golden era.

Whatever your beef with Brown is it's pretty silly.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Haha.

You keep pointing this out and yet those situations aren't this one.

Cavs he got a LeBron and barely anybody there roster to the finals. LeBron wanted a new coach. LeBron has in the times since acknowledged it was a mistake and that Brown was a great coach.

Lakers he was coaching the sham of a dream team roster they had with Nash, Howard and Kobe. Those guys were hurt a lot and didn't want to have a coach.

Cavs again he was brought in for a year to manage a rebuild and LeBron came back and demanded they hire someone else. Again, LeBron has acknowledged that he butted heads with Brown while not knowing what was good for him.

In the time since, I believe Brown actually contemplated retiring. Coach Popp urged him to come down to San Antonio and stay tight, and ultimately recommended him to Kerr. That was like 8 years between leaving the Cavs and joining the Kings. He wound up second in command under a super players coach (Kerr) and has said it changed his views a lot.

He's not the coach that "got fired three times". I don't know that he's the coach that will ultimately bring the title to Sacramento but he's better than anyone that's been here since Adelman in the golden era.

Whatever your beef with Brown is it's pretty silly.
Nah, if/when he gets fired in 6 years, I'm sure GWD will come around and victory lap us. Nvm the fact how utterly rare it is for a coach to even get like 3+ seasons

Davion+HB+Mcgee+picks
For
Sexton+Olynyk

Slash Bros with Fox, Monk and Sexton
Olynyk can space the floor at the 5 and be match up specfic and rotate with Len.

Starters: Fox, Sexton, Murray, Lyles, Sabonis
Bench: Monk, Huerter, Edwards, Sasha, Olynyk, Len

You jinxed it. :D

Versus the Pistons...

Harrison Barnes: 14 mins, 0 points, 1 rebounds, 1 assist
Juan Toscano-Anderson: 14 mins, 0 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist
Hah right ...
Did not want it though ...
Was surpsised by the minutes of Anderson to be honest ... Just after they said he will be cut off he playd 4 times the minute he had so far ...

If you were confident you could get 85 points out of Fox, Sabonis, Keegan and Monk maybe you could make a play for Vanderbilt.
It’s hard for me to gauge how good Vanderbilt is with his limited minutes in LA. But yeah, that could be a low key move that would give Fox another good mate to run with and provide us with some improved defence.

Considering length seems to be an issue of ours, I wanted to post some measurements of many of the names people have mentioned here (Kings players circled in purple for reference):

1704899391431.png

I've said this many times before, but it's pretty crazy how small Barnes standing reach is at 8'5.5". His standing reach would be considered okay for a SG but he's out there playing PF most nights.

I've suggested starting Lyles instead of Barnes to help remedy this issue, but a lot of the PFs that are being discussed here (Isaac, Siakam, Kuzma, Grant, Washington, Collins, Finney-Smith) would also help address that length weakness. Patrick Williams with a 7'2" wingspan probably also has a solid standing reach so you could probably include him as well.

Seeing Sabonis' height and wingspan, I'm sure we can all appreciate how important it is to have good length across the other positions.