Kings Fan’s TV Show Draft! - Round 20

No man...I sent you two FYI/reminder messages, and you've logged on plenty to check this thread and see when you'd be coming up...Sorry, but rules is rules.

Edit: Due to outcry from VF21 I'll be a bit more lenient and only have you forfeit your last pick (which can be made up if no more time-outs occur). Please make up your picks within 24 hours :).
I guess I'll take the one if that's all I can get back, but this issue of knowing whether i've "logged on plenty to check this thread" is bogus. Most of the times I logged on before the days I timed out was to just check for a PM. If one wasn't there I closed Kingsfans. You do realize that the two FYI/reminder messages you sent me didn't get to me right? Because of my full inbox. In the end, it is my fault for having 100% full inbox, so I guess I'll take the hit if I have to.

With my pick I'll take

High Stakes Poker - GSN (2006-present)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497294/

The show lives up to its name. The biggest pots on this show sometime end up nearing $1 million over a single hand. Definitely the highest of all the high stakes poker shows and one that comes with hosts that actually aren't kill-yourself annoying. They are actually kinda funny at times.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I guess I'll take the one if that's all I can get back, but this issue of knowing whether i've "logged on plenty to check this thread" is bogus. Most of the times I logged on before the days I timed out was to just check for a PM. If one wasn't there I closed Kingsfans. You do realize that the two FYI/reminder messages you sent me didn't get to me right? Because of my full inbox. In the end, it is my fault for having 100% full inbox, so I guess I'll take the hit if I have to.
Dude, you'd gripe about being hanged with a new rope...

He was going strictly by the rules and you would have forfeited TWO picks. I told him to be lenient and now you're not losing anything provided you don't time out again. Geez....

As far as you not receiving the PMs and just logging on to check for PMs, that doesn't stand up when you look at the posts you made in the "What are you listening to" thread... You could easily have checked the board and/or the thread to see if you were up.

What Jespher has done is fair. If you don't time out again, you get your final make-up pick at the end of the draft.

Dude, you'd gripe about being hanged with a new rope...

He was going strictly by the rules and you would have forfeited TWO picks. I told him to be lenient and now you're not losing anything provided you don't time out again. Geez....

As far as you not receiving the PMs and just logging on to check for PMs, that doesn't stand up when you look at the posts you made in the "What are you listening to" thread... You could easily have checked the board and/or the thread to see if you were up.

What Jespher has done is fair. If you don't time out again, you get your final make-up pick at the end of the draft.
I had just misunderstood what Jespher had ruled. Geez and dudes aside, thank you for helping my cause I realize I'm lucky to be getting these picks at all.

My next make-up pick will be

Comedy Central Presents - Comedy Central (1998-present)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497480/

Hundreds of episodes with dozens and dozens of different comedians featured. Some of them before they blew up, a 2000 episode with Dane Cook is a favorite of mine.....he was actually funny then.

So, I'm guessing that, since I'm well outside of the 24 hour make-up period, I'll lose this pick, right? Damn.

Alright, it appears as though, thanks to Jespher's lenience, I'm allowed to make two picks. So again, in brief:

Spaced (1999-2001)

Die Sendung mit der Maus (1971-Present)

My apologies for all the tardiness, supposedly we are going to have internet by tomorrow afternoon and everything should be fine from then on. Also a huge thanks to Jespher.

Last edited:
THE CROCODILE HUNTER (1997-2004)

I had a really hard time getting over the death of Steve Irwin...next to Bill Nye, he was probably my second favorite science personality on TV. His show wasn't just about wrestling dangerous animals...he taught A LOT of people about the conservation of some of these apex predators and the ecological niches they fill. He was a great wildlife biologist...and his untimely passing was a huge loss for the scientific community.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Is it because I'm a math teacher?

Square One Television (1987-1992)

Mathman always ticked me off as a kid. No! That fraction isn't greater than 1/2, you nimrod!

And where would numb3rs be if Mathnet had not paved the way?

I had just misunderstood what Jespher had ruled. Geez and dudes aside, thank you for helping my cause I realize I'm lucky to be getting these picks at all.

My next make-up pick will be

Comedy Central Presents - Comedy Central (1998-present)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497480/

Hundreds of episodes with dozens and dozens of different comedians featured. Some of them before they blew up, a 2000 episode with Dane Cook is a favorite of mine.....he was actually funny then.
I [deleted] you.

And now, something that should come as a surprise to no one

The L Word - Showtime (2004-2009) -- As cheesy and melodramatic as any daytime soap opera, admittedly, this one had a twist that could be either/both exploitative or insightful, but always provided a few *ahem* interesting moments per episode.

The L Word - Showtime (2004-2009) -- As cheesy and melodramatic as any daytime soap opera, admittedly, this one had a twist that could be either/both exploitative or insightful, but always provided a few *ahem* interesting moments per episode.
This was originally on my list, but I would have felt a bit indecent actually picking it (being a heterosexual guy and all ;).) It is a good show, but it succeeded in making me a bit uncomfortable. I could draw parallels to life decisions some of these characters were faced with, where I went in a completely different direction. I would have probably picked it anyway in the final round.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KG4 doesn't have computer access today at work ... at least so far. She will post her pick as soon as she gets home. A four-hour extension would be greatly appreciated.

My next pick only came to mind with it getting close to Halloween.I remember watching re runs as a kid. These last rounds are getting tough. Pretty much everything on my list has been taken. I am just trying to get a few more shows that will keep me entertained on the Island.

My next selection:

The Munsters (1964-1966)

as Herman Munster would say, Oh Goody!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MassachusettsKingsFan said:
I guess I don't get the four hour extension eh

I know I'm up, I'll be home in a few hours to make the pick.. Its difficult when your on the clock overnight. I have 3 time outs over that now..
I don't see a problem in giving you an extension. All you have to do is ask. I agree that it's tough on the overnight thingy... I'll send Jespher another PM.

EDIT: I sent Jespher the PM, letting him know I gave you an extension. I'm just trying to help keep this thing rolling along.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem in giving you an extension. All you have to do is ask. I agree that it's tough on the overnight thingy... I'll send Jespher another PM.

EDIT: I sent Jespher the PM, letting him know I gave you an extension. I'm just trying to help keep this thing rolling along.
Deffinetly appreciate it. Dont want to lose that last pick!

Anyways, For my next pick I select The Real World / Road Rules Challenge (1998-Present)

Thats right. All those crazy peeeps from the Real World combined into one house in a competition for money. This has become must see TV for me .. Its so crazy its impossible to not watch.. After seeing all these guys open up in there individual seasons, then watching them all come together and duke it out .. All the steroids and Alcohol .. its crazy. Just nuts. super entertaining.

hi folks, sorry for the delay, please skip me for this and for the next round; i'll PM tradepeja and let him know to PM jespher.

work has been too busy and i want to give my pick more thought. thanks!