Kings Fan’s TV Show Draft! - Round 20

Wow, I was sure this show was taken...I'll grab it then

The Mentalist- CBS (2008-present)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196946/

Very, very promising drama now in its sophomore season. Patrick Jane the mentalist/genius/master of wit/psuedo-psychic is probably the best new(ish) character on TV. The ways he helps his CBI team solve each week's crime are always ingenious and refreshing over the normal CSI method

"Okay we got the surveillance footage, but the killer is out of frame. Alright, ZOOM IN ON THE VICTIM'S EYE. Okay great....now ENHANCE. Alright ZOOM. ENHANCE. Okay now take the spectral light reading from the victim's pupil and we should have our reflective image of the killer. Looks like our murderer will have....(sunglasses)...plenty of time to reflect in prison." YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHH

God, I quit watching all the CSI' because of their horrible fake technology. Anyway, I'll stop ranting.

American Dad - FOX (2005-present)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397306/

This show slowly grew on me. Its Seth MacFarlane but in a more Simpson's style. And while its not as good as Family Guy, it beats the hell out of that abomination The Cleveland Show. I'll take it.

Last edited:
I picked the American Office with my first pick =] Im still waiting for the right time to watch the British version, but I dont own it and its never on TV .. someday I'll get around to it.

Anyways, My next selection is going to be Boy Meets World (1993-2000)

I loved this show growing up.

Music, laughs, Celebrities and more... With my next pick I decided I could not go wrong with a show that has been on for almost 40 years. With moments like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk, Elton John and Eminem's duet, Eric Clapton's tear jerking performance of "tears in heaven", J Lo's barely there dress for the guys, I just can't go wrong. This show will definitely keep me entertained with both past and future episodes!
My next selection:

the Grammy's (1971-Present)

Music, laughs, Celebrities and more... With my next pick I decided I could not go wrong with a show that has been on for almost 40 years. With moments like Michael Jackson doing the moonwalk, Elton John and Eminem's duet, Eric Clapton's tear jerking performance of "tears in heaven", J Lo's barely there dress for the guys, I just can't go wrong. This show will definitely keep me entertained with both past and future episodes!
My next selection:

the Grammy's (1971-Present)
Nice pick. Unfortunately IMDB.com only lists off the Grammy Awards by each individual year, so either pick the grammys from 1 year or please replace your pick.

Ok, then I will pick something else. I need some news on my Island and what better news can I have then my favorite local morning show... Plus, since both of my girls were on the 1st birthday club, I will be able to go back and see pictures of my Kids. :D Also, Mark S Allen really makes me laugh!

Good Day Sacramento- (1996-Present)

make-up picks (sorry!):

rurouni kenshin (1996-1998; in america as samurai x)

i don't know if anyone here likes anime, but this series is fantastic. it's about a former assassin trying to atone for his former life, and is at times serious, deep, and others comical and light-hearted. and always bad-a**.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Kenshin, but he was def not bad-*** in the anime. The OVA on the other hand...My picks in a few minutes.

Good, we have anime lovers. Then I will pick:

Trigun (1998)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251439/
[yt=Awesome opener]NzHe4U5c5Oc[/yt]

The only Anime Series I have seen a part of. I've seen movies, but my brother (the phone guy in earlier posts) wanted me to take this. This anime has inspired so much conversation in my family that I believe whole days of my life would be devoid of talking without it. Generally I don't have patience for anime series, but this was pretty awesome.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Only saw the series on Adult Swim, but I've always felt as though it set the standard for how you could continue with an action series after the final battle with the Big Boss. There's another animated series that I wish had followed that prototype, and I was going to name it, but I just realized on post preview that nobody's selected that show yet.

With that in mind, it amazes me how, so deep into this draft, virtually none of my favorites have been picked. Only about 10-12 shows that have already been picked that would even make my top fifty, and Jerryaki is the only one that has picked more than two. So, if I end up voting in this thing, I reckon that he'd be getting my vote.

I need some music. And I loves me some metal:

Headbanger's Ball (1987-1995)

I'm glad metal's coming back, but I'll take the original show, even though it was hosted by Ricki Rachtman. Besides, Rob Zombie did host it from time to time.

Only saw the series on Adult Swim, but I've always felt as though it set the standard for how you could continue with an action series after the final battle with the Big Boss. There's another animated series that I wish had followed that prototype, and I was going to name it, but I just realized on post preview that nobody's selected that show yet.

With that in mind, it amazes me how, so deep into this draft, virtually none of my favorites have been picked. Only about 10-12 shows that have already been picked that would even make my top fifty, and Jerryaki is the only one that has picked more than two. So, if I end up voting in this thing, I reckon that he'd be getting my vote.
by all means, please vote! :p

i thought the series did a good job on the stories after the climax of the shishi-o arc, but that arc was clearly the high point of the regular series (first time i watched it through, i was confused as to why they'd have him battle christians and feng shui masters..). and if you have netflix, they have the discs on there; i much prefer the japanese voice track with sub-titles over the awkward dubbing of the samurai x version.

GREENSBURG (2008-present)

Produced by Leo DiCaprio, this show covers the effort to rebuild a town in Kansas demolished by a tornado. It's not always an easy sell to build green in central Kansas, but they're getting there...slowly...

I need some music. And I loves me some metal:

Headbanger's Ball (1987-1995)

I'm glad metal's coming back, but I'll take the original show, even though it was hosted by Ricki Rachtman. Besides, Rob Zombie did host it from time to time.
Don't forget Adam Curry, one of the early pioneers of the WWW. The original ball was great.

Soul Train - 1971 - 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_train

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161194/

interesting tidbit -

The series was created by Don Cornelius, who also served as its first host and executive producer, and aired from 1971 to 2006, with reruns continuing until 2008. Despite this, in years on air, Soul Train will continue to hold the honor of the longest, continuously-running first-run syndicated program until at least 2016, if and when its nearest competitor, Entertainment Tonight, completes its 35th season. (If ET does not complete a 35th season, Wheel of Fortune would pass in 2017 if it continues to air.)
My godparents were regulars on the show in the early 70's.

Attachments

Alrighty then...here we go for the finale....

Scooby Doo (1969-1991)

What's not to love here for me and the list of shows that I've assembled...

Crime fighters....check
Mysteries..........check
Ensemble cast....check

I missed out on some of my more recent cartoons in this draft, but if I had lost this one, I would have been most sad. Definitely one of my favorites as a kid and still is as an adult. I have a Mystery Van, Scooby apparel and episodes on demand. Who could ask for more? Seriously? (but please...no more live action...ick...just ick!)