[Game] Kings @ Bobcats, 12/17/13 4 PM PST

Who's the hot shooter he should be looking for then? He would have more assists if ANYONE would hit a damn shot. McLemore and Rudy were awful.
I didn't say anything about assists, but if I were I'd say try to get the ball to Cousins who the Bobcats couldn't stop. And if he can't get the ball to our best player than that's an entirely different problem to look at.
I said that it's unacceptable that our PG missed more shots than our best player, who shot 70% tonight, even took.
How do you expect the Kings to win if that continues to be the case? I don't understand how you don't see that IT looked bad in this game.

Just hard to win games without players hitting wide open looks. With all this mediocre guard play just how long is McAllum gonna sit? He can do no worse than Jimmer, Ben and MT at this point

T

Tom Bays

I think more Jimmer and IT would have worked in this game. Small ball. I think IT just get cocky when he has some good games. He is supremely confident...Jimmer isn't. I was actually happy he took that many shots.

Ben Ben Ben...He isn't mentally tough at all and isn't ready to play a full season.

There is no way they are going to stick with this squad for long. They have no backup PG and IT will break down eventually.

Cousins had a great game but I think the team is up and down like he has been lately.

As a fan from afar what is their locker room like?

I think more Jimmer and IT would have worked in this game. Small ball. I think IT just get cocky when he has some good games. He is supremely confident...Jimmer isn't. I was actually happy he took that many shots.

Ben Ben Ben...He isn't mentally tough at all and isn't ready to play a full season.

There is no way they are going to stick with this squad for long. They have no backup PG and IT will break down eventually.

Cousins had a great game but I think the team is up and down like he has been lately.

As a fan from afar what is their locker room like?
I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, but IT shouldn't even be sniffing 20 shots a game, let alone 23 (15 of which he missed I might add). He averages 22+ and 10+ and if anything he has been playing more consistently this season than in any other.

Game like tonight was bound to happen. Hard to expect IT to maintain his Durant/LeBron lite- efficiency forever. Easily his wost efficiency performance of the year.

When Boogie started getting doubled in the mid-3rd, someone else had to take shots and step up. Unfortunately, we're at the point where we can only reliable count on Gay and IT to step up when needed. Both were MIA tonight. And the result showed on the scoreboard

T

Tom Bays

I am not sure if that is sarcasm or not, but IT shouldn't even be sniffing 20 shots a game, let alone 23 (15 of which he missed I might add). He average 22+ and 10+ and if anything he has been playing more consistently this season than in any other.

Bad writing...I meant Jimmer.

While true, Rudy was having an awful game shooting. And he must have had three drives in a row where he turned it over driving to the basket. D-Will doesn't seem to get any offensive consideration period no matter who is playing point. When we ran that bench unit, Outlaw and Jimmer were chucking jumpers and I'm wondering why D-Will doesn't get more touches there when he's shown in his time with us to be pretty efficient scoring the ball.
You're not kidding. Williams just recently had his career high 31 against Dallas....and now we back away from him. This has to change

K

KingMilz

You're not kidding. Williams just recently had his career high 31 against Dallas....and now we back away from him. This has to change
Yeah we are essentially doing the same thing as the Timberwolves did to D-Will 2night, we just kept him out of the offense and gave him zero consistant playing time, the guy was open 3-5 times in the post had his man sealed in good position and didn't get the ball, we need to involve him he had a couple nice defensive plays where he got deflections as well.

Yeah we are essentially doing the same thing as the Timberwolves did to D-Will 2night, we just kept him out of the offense and gave him zero consistant playing time, the guy was open 3-5 times in the post had his man sealed in good position and didn't get the ball, we need to involve him he had a couple nice defensive plays where he got deflections as well.
It's bad timing too, because his shooting stroke was really "turning the corner" and looking much better. Lets hope it holds on and he can maintain a flow and rhythm, despite the team not looking for him as a primary option.

I guess we can chalk it up to this new roster just getting a feel for each other. Lets hope it doesn't stall his progress in any significant way

Yeah, and no one ever called them a good team.

And you just agreed with me by saying they are marginally better.

Actually I didn't even go that far. I said they are not as bad as they used to be. Which is saying very very little since they were 21-61 last year.
You (and others) reminders that the 'Cats are an improved team implies that this loss isn't as bad as it was. In reality, we lost this game tonight because we played terribly. I just don't want it to be chalked up to losing to a decent team. Now that I've said they are marginally improved you don't even go that far? Ok buddy...

You (and others) reminders that the 'Cats are an improved team implies that this loss isn't as bad as it was. In reality, we lost this game tonight because we played terribly. I just don't want it to be chalked up to losing to a decent team. Now that I've said they are marginally improved you don't even go that far? Ok buddy...
This loss was not to a worse team. There are precious few of those.

We are 7-16. Wake up. You think any game is an easy win for the sacramento kings in 2013?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Game like tonight was bound to happen. Hard to expect IT to maintain his Durant/LeBron lite- efficiency forever. Easily his wost efficiency performance of the year.

When Boogie started getting doubled in the mid-3rd, someone else had to take shots and step up. Unfortunately, we're at the point where we can only reliable count on Gay and IT to step up when needed. Both were MIA tonight. And the result showed on the scoreboard
It's a team game. Gay and IT are both isolation players. That's fine when they're hitting their shots, but at some point we've got to start developing into a team which doesn't rely on isolation plays to create those shots. If Ben is catching the ball standing still with a defender in his face, something is wrong. If Williams spends 20 minutes standing in the corner and gets one look at a three something's wrong. Where was the pick and roll tonight? Where was the high-low post game? Cousins had the right idea, using his post dominance to set up perimeter looks in the third quarter. In general the team would benefit enormously from an influx of "trusting your teammates" but I suppose with all of the roster turnover so far it's not surprising that has been a weakness for us.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It's the sentiment that's taken away from constantly talking about how improved the opposing terrible team is.
Then you're taking away the wrong sentiment.

The Bobcats were terrible last year. In fact, for the past two seasons, they've been historically terrible. They are not, in fact, terrible this year. This year, they are merely bad, but they're closer to being good than we are. Like us, they have a highly regarded young coach. Unlike us, they have pieces that fit, and a coach that preaches defense, while actually having defensive personnel.

If anything, the point is that the Kings are not a good enough team to justify anyone being defensive and/or self-righteous about losing to a team like the Bobcats. I don't know how good you thought we were, but we're definitely not good enough to be acting like we have no business losing to a team like Charlotte on the road. As if the only way we could lose to a team that has, statistically, the third-best defense in the league, is if we beat ourselves? We're no kinda way close to being good enough to justify feeling like that.

Could we have won? Certainly; they're not that good, and we're not that bad. Should we have won? Eh... we're not that good, and they're not that bad.

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

Am I the only one that thinks we should keep IT and not take Rondo? lol
Imagine our cap space with Cousins, Gay, and Rondo. We'd be stuck.
Stick with IT! He needs to improve his man-to-man defense but other than that, he's really turning into a star.
Ferdette needs to leave. This guy doesn't do anything well besides his impressive confidence despite his undeniable stupidity. I would rescind his contract in a heartbeat.
We need to suck it up for Ben Mac. He's a streak shooter and he needs experience to be able to establish himself as a lethal shooter in the NBA.
D-MAC is our big boy and besides his lack of effort and concentration lapses, he is our star. He also has the most up of any big man in the league. Just be patient guys and let this guy spread his wings :)

Biggest thing....NO RONDO
He's only going downhill from here. He is now officially injury prone and Celtics will gladly get rid of him.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Am I the only one that thinks we should keep IT and not take Rondo? lol
Imagine our cap space with Cousins, Gay, and Rondo. We'd be stuck.
Stick with IT! He needs to improve his man-to-man defense but other than that, he's really turning into a star.
Ferdette needs to leave. This guy doesn't do anything well besides his impressive confidence despite his undeniable stupidity. I would rescind his contract in a heartbeat.
We need to suck it up for Ben Mac. He's a streak shooter and he needs experience to be able to establish himself as a lethal shooter in the NBA.
D-MAC is our big boy and besides his lack of effort and concentration lapses, he is our star. He also has the most up of any big man in the league. Just be patient guys and let this guy spread his wings :)

Biggest thing....NO RONDO
He's only going downhill from here. He is now officially injury prone and Celtics will gladly get rid of him.

To be fair, Gay comes off the books in a year and a half and, with a core featuring three younger all-stars (Cuz <23> and Rondo <27>)/ almost-stars (Gay, who despite my recollection that he's been in the NBA since the mid-90s is actually just 27) and a couple of serviceable, capable bench guys (Landry and Williams) and a draft pick in the lottery of this year, I'm not quite sure how much cap space we'd really need.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Anyways, I need to wake up for work in a couple of hours so I'm just going to skip on to the predictions for now. Demarcus goes for 29 points, 17 boards, and 5 assists as he mauls the mighty Haywood-less frontline of the typically unspectacular Bobcats. Greivis finally gets his game going to the tune of 14 points and 12 dimes, B-Mac and D-Will the beneficiaries of his passes in transition. Kings win 98- 90 and the game ball goes to team captain Chuck Hayes for being a waste of space.

Go Kings!
I was pretty much right on the money for this one. Do I get a prize?

S

SacKings2002NBAChampions

"According to a league source, the Kings are proposing a package that would send point guard Isaiah Thomas, shooting guard Ben McLemore, veteran swingman Marcus Thornton, power forward Jason Thompson and two future first-round picks to the Celtics in exchange for Rondo."

Wow are you serious? That's a huge loss for the kings. Thornton being the least and Thompson following. Ben Mac still has some immense potential and IT is already a star for us. We'd be trading all of that for an injury prone Rondo who is recovering from a torn ACL. Man, if this goes through, everything we've done so far will be reversed and we'll be in the crapter again for seasons to come. What will add insult to injury will be the two first round draft picks we're giving away which will definitely be lottery picks if this trade goes through.
Mark my words on that.