Josh Jackson

We're one star away from having one star on this team. That's the problem. That's why you've got to move up in the top 3 to get Jackson. This is what I thought would occur and wanted to occur - move into that top 3. Jackson has a shot at stardom. Not just a a chance of being a good player. Not a 3 and D role player. Stardom. Get 'er done!
The problem with this is you need more than 1 star to be successful in today's NBA. If you get a chance at 2 stars, you try to get as many as possible.

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA
Supposedly Jackson worked out poorly for the Lakers and measured smaller than they expected. Could be hiding from the process.
It really wouldn't surprise me if Jackson was more around 6'6.5.. his hair helps.. This was his reply in regards to Jackson not working out for Boston. If Josh Jackson was actually 6'7 with only a 6'9 wingspan, I could see it being a small problem in the NBA. His measurements suck.

That would not be positive for me...

Mannix is a Boston guy..
Exactly.

I think Mannix is trying to drum up business for Boston and trying to help Ainge get more assets for a trade down from someone, anyone. If you toss the Kings (and it's dysfunctional reputation) name around, other teams may panic and make a trade with Boston.

If the Kings were to give up the #5 and #10, I think they would had tried to move up to #1. Why would they trade the #5 and #10 for #3 now, when they could of had Fultz at #1?

If Vlade was content to stay at 5 and 10 before that trade, I'm sure he is content to stay at #5 now.

I think we take BPA at 5, whether that be Tatum, Jackson, Fox or Ball (or maybe Issac). And we are going to get a really good player at 5.

The ringer has Josh Jackson falling to #5 and Fox going #4. If that happens we should pick Isaac I think the fit with him and Skal/WCS would be through the roof.

Exactly.

I think Mannix is trying to drum up business for Boston and trying to help Ainge get more assets for a trade down from someone, anyone. If you toss the Kings (and it's dysfunctional reputation) name around, other teams may panic and make a trade with Boston.

If the Kings were to give up the #5 and #10, I think they would had tried to move up to #1. Why would they trade the #5 and #10 for #3 now, when they could of had Fultz at #1?

If Vlade was content to stay at 5 and 10 before that trade, I'm sure he is content to stay at #5 now.

I think we take BPA at 5, whether that be Tatum, Jackson, Fox or Ball (or maybe Issac). And we are going to get a really good player at 5.
#5 & #10 probably wasn't enough to get it done. Boston got #3 and either a #2-#5 next year or the Kings unprotected 2019 1st.

#5 & #10 probably wasn't enough to get it done. Boston got #3 and either a #2-#5 next year or the Kings unprotected 2019 1st.
When assessing the value of draft picks, I think a top 10 in this year's draft would be worth more than ours or Philly's 2019 pick because the pick is assured to be #10. By 2019 a lot could change. Philly should be better and the Kings pick could be anywhere from #8 -15 and we won't know the strength of the 2019 draft. This years draft is considered very strong.

My guess is that Boston asked for the #5, #10 and one of our young players and Vlade said no thanks. So, Boston took the best offer which was one future pick for Fultz, which is not much in return for the consensus #1 player in a strong draft.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just struggling to see Jackson becoming a star.

He's an electric player on both ends but he doesn't have elite tools in terms of length or strength and he's not a go-to scorer. He was very poor in both isolation and P&R situations. I like jos ball handling and passing but his shot is a huge concern. I wonder if he just got hot at the end of the season because his mechanics are still very inconsistent.

Iguodala with less strength, a less explosive Marion, maybe Pippen with less shooting and length? These are the comps that I keep coming back too. High level role player for sure but not a star. Very similar to my feeling on Isaac.

I'd be okay with either guy at 5 but wouldn't want to trade up for them.

Assuming Vall and Fultz are gone I'm feeling very Fox or bust at this point, which is frustrating because I think he goes top 4.

If so I think Isaac is my next pick. Even before Jackson.

I think Dennis Smith has both more star potential and bust potential than either but I also think even if he becomes an all-star he's somewhat likely to be a guy who puts up great stats on bad teams because right now he doesn't play a winning style of basketball. Can that change? I don't know.

But if Fox is off the board I'd like to see Isaac at 5 (or possibly Jackson) and Ntilikina at 10 though he may not last that long. Trade up with Minny?

When assessing the value of draft picks, I think a top 10 in this year's draft would be worth more than ours or Philly's 2019 pick because the pick is assured to be #10. By 2019 a lot could change. Philly should be better and the Kings pick could be anywhere from #8 -15 and we won't know the strength of the 2019 draft. This years draft is considered very strong.

My guess is that Boston asked for the #5, #10 and one of our young players and Vlade said no thanks. So, Boston took the best offer which was one future pick for Fultz, which is not much in return for the consensus #1 player in a strong draft.
They didn't get Philly's future pick though, they get either the Lakers next year if it's between #2 & #5 or our unprotected in '19. I'd trade our #10 right now for that package! Plus they get the #3 this year rather than the #5... It's a significanly better package than #5 & #10.

They didn't get Philly's future pick though, they get either the Lakers next year if it's between #2 & #5 or our unprotected in '19. I'd trade our #10 right now for that package! Plus they get the #3 this year rather than the #5... It's a significanly better package than #5 & #10.
If it is a 2019 first round pick, it will be ours or Philly's, probably which ever one is higher.

Josh Jackson would render McLemore completely redundant btw. Would be nice to see if they could get something in return for him if the dominoes fall that way.