Josh Jackson

Just read this re: Josh Jackson and Boston:

Now that this PHI/BOS trade is supposedly a done deal, I'd love it if some team worked a trade with LA for #2 and stole Jackson away. While they'd certainly still come away with a good player, there'd still be a little egg on Ainge's face for getting too cute. I mean, how many freaking draft picks does Boston need? They won't have the roster space for all those 1st round picks the next few years. Ainge better get busy trading some of those picks for Paul George or Jimmy Butler or whomever else might be a good fit for that team.
Why?! Just because someone is pretty darn good at their job you wish them lack of success? Bit petty if you ask me. We can only dream that Kings one day are doing exactly what Boston have been doing...contending and ensuring that they don't bottom out but still get high end talent.

Ainge is one of the few players to come through Sacramento and openly disparage the city. Consequently, many fans wish him nothing but the worst in all his professional endeavors.

Why?! Just because someone is pretty darn good at their job you wish them lack of success? Bit petty if you ask me. We can only dream that Kings one day are doing exactly what Boston have been doing...contending and ensuring that they don't bottom out but still get high end talent.
It's a bit easier to contend with the Celtics history and players not minding coming to Boston. People forget that Ainge has done some crazy things in his time as GM. I'm not exactly convinced he's all that great at his job. But I digress....

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek in that Ainge put his cards on the table quite early with this trade giving any team adequate time to swoop in and take the guy they hope to still get after the trade back. Not the wisest tactic IMO. It would have been smarter to wait until draft night. It's not like PHI can make a deal with another team to get Fultz. Also, I was kinda hinting that I might be thrilled if the Kings were the team that swooped in to get Jackson.

Actually at this point I'd prefer the Celtics stay at 3 and pick. They don't need a PG, and if they stay the top 3 are fairly predictable (and there's a decent chance Jackson, and Tatum/Isaac go before the Kings selection). Right now I feel fairly good about Fox falling to us (assuming Phoenix doesn't decide they need a 3rd PG). If they trade out anything could happen.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i wouldn't give up the 10 maybe the 34. id like to get a pg in this draft. smith jr, fox, ball. Id take jackosn or tatum at this point as well. if we take fox the sf talent level drops. If we take tatum/jackson still some pg talent at 10

I'm not keen on either deal but I'd MUCH rather keep Cauley-Stein then gamble on the players that will be left at #10, none of whom I love.
Agreed. I'm not sure why a lot of people are willing to give up on Willie after 2 seasons. He made a lot of improvement after DMC was traded. He's progressing nicely and could be a really good piece for us moving forward.

I'd personally rather have the 10 than WCS, but I'm questioning why the need to trade up for Jackson as opposed to the rest of the consensus at all. Jackson and who will be there at 5 isn't a significant gap to trade away value for IMO.

I'll believe something like that when I see it.

I'd do WCS+5 for #3. I want to keep #10

I appreciate and admire the way you think but I do not like this trade at all.

I would much prefer if the kings were to give boston both picks, i would want #3 and Terry Rozier + Jordan Mickey OR #3 and Jaylen Brown + Demetrius Jackson. I would much prefer the latter because it fills two main voids on this team. Jackson has a chance to become a solid role player but he was buried underneath Boston's plethora of guards, but i do have a feeling that boston would probably offer the kings more of the first trade with rozier and mickey. If boston do take Tatum, who I think Boston is targeting, then Brown may be "expendable" to some extent. As far as Rozier goes, he is already expendable since he's kinda buried deep on the celtics roster and will probably find a veteran PG to fill his void if he were to get traded. Plus, he's good as gone in two years when he's a RFA.

In addition, I would want the kings to inquire Portland to see what they're willing to give up to take both Leonard and Harkless off of them. The kings' biggest asset they have is their salary cap space, so they should utilize that this year. Since they don't have a pick in 2019, they should ask portland for one back for this year (probably the 20 pick) and a pick in 2019. Maybe it's lottery protected, maybe not. But to limit the damage in 2019, the kings should go that route. Plus, they would add two YOUNG VETERAN role players to their core. Leonard is a solid big man who can be the 5th big off the bench and possibly be KK's heir apparent after next year and Harkless can start right away on this team. Both players are on reasonable salaries for three more seasons, and that's about time before big money will have to be spent to retain our young core.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
We're one star away from having one star on this team. That's the problem. That's why you've got to move up in the top 3 to get Jackson. This is what I thought would occur and wanted to occur - move into that top 3. Jackson has a shot at stardom. Not just a a chance of being a good player. Not a 3 and D role player. Stardom. Get 'er done!

Fox, DSJ, Tatum and even Isaac could all potentially be stars as well. I like Jackson as much as anyone else but we can't get ourselves in the same situation we've been in for the last few years. Especially when you have a chance to pick a star and another possible starter as well. I'd take my chances on one of those guys plus whoever we get at 10 before I go giving up our picks and possibly someone like WCS for Jackson. This draft is the make it or break it draft for us and has to be nailed down perfectly.

Fox, DSJ, Tatum and even Isaac could all potentially be stars as well. I like Jackson as much as anyone else but we can't get ourselves in the same situation we've been in for the last few years. Especially when you have a chance to pick a star and another possible starter as well. I'd take my chances on one of those guys plus whoever we get at 10 before I go giving up our picks and possibly someone like WCS for Jackson. This draft is the make it or break it draft for us and has to be nailed down perfectly.
IMO between the SFs, Jackson, Tatum, Isaac, i think there are pros and cons about, and any of them could end up the best

The other thing that I think is a factor in trade up scenarios, it would be egg on face for the Kings to trade up significant value for their pre swapped pick

IMO between the SFs, Jackson, Tatum, Isaac, i think there are pros and cons about, and any of them could end up the best

The other thing that I think is a factor in trade up scenarios, it would be egg on face for the Kings to trade up significant value for their pre swapped pick
Not worried about the egg on the face issue... Can't let that stop us from making the best deal for our team.