Jimmer Grades vs. Warriors 11/02/2013 (or Jimmermaniacs unite!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Jimmer-troll on this board IP addresses originate out of Utah? I'm willing to bet they do. I really like Jimmer as person and a player. I just understand he really has no role on this team due to position depth.

2013/14 PER36 stats:

Fredette: 24 ppg - .500 fg% - 12.0 reb - 12.0 ast - 0 to
Lebron: 23.3 ppg - .557 fg% - 5.0 reb - 8.0 ast - 4.3 to

Jimmermaniacs are right. He's the GOAT!

nuff said

I am a new member, but have been reading this since Hummer was drafted. So yes, I am a Jimmer fan... and after reading all of this I had to create an account. At first, I was selfish as a fan. I rooted for my player I've the team. As the years rolled by I witnessed through your posts how actual Kings fans are and how much you guys had been through. That is when the switch turned on. I am a huge football and Broncos fan, but never gotten as excited about the NBA. Until, Jimmer was drafted I never watched games. As time passed, I realized I actually started to drop the Jimmermania from my head an rooted for the team and the organization as a whole. I just wanted to give my story to show that not every Jimmer fan are (is?) raising up pitchforks towards the organization. Also, I realize that not every Jimmer poster here thinks that way. But the discrimination or unfairness claims need to stop. Coach Malone is a legit coach and be would not let a personal vendetta get in the way of Wins. He may get his chance he may not. Who cares. I'm here for the kings. So Kings' Fans I would like to introduce your first Bandwagon fan. Me lol I see the organization is heading in the right direction so be ready for more like me haha
P.s I suck at grammar and spelling so I apologize for any eye bleeding after reading my one hug paragraph post

If I may indulge in a semi-serious derail.

I think that the Kings have seen so many Jimmer fans because it has been very difficult for the better part of a decade now to be a Kings fan. After the injury-driven implosion of the Webber/Divac/Peja era Kings, the team has been driven into the ground by terrible owners and a handcuffed and/or disinterested front office. It has been years since the roster made any sort of sense, with the closest being the end of the 2010-2011 season. For those outside the Sacramento area or without a strong connection to the area, there were so many more promising young teams to root for.

And so you see player fans making their way to the team. These folks always exist in sports, it's just that they are usually outnumbered by team fans in general.

So, when you get a combination of a player with a large built-in fanbase (Casspi, Jimmer, etc.) coming to a team where the fanbase has dwindled because the team is consistently bad, you see a lot more noise to signal than you otherwise would.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Do the Jimmer-troll on this board IP addresses originate out of Utah? I'm willing to bet they do. I really like Jimmer as person and a player. I just understand he really has no role on this team due to position depth.
Let's just say none of them originate in Sacramento. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am a new member, but have been reading this since Hummer was drafted. So yes, I am a Jimmer fan... and after reading all of this I had to create an account. At first, I was selfish as a fan. I rooted for my player I've the team. As the years rolled by I witnessed through your posts how actual Kings fans are and how much you guys had been through. That is when the switch turned on. I am a huge football and Broncos fan, but never gotten as excited about the NBA. Until, Jimmer was drafted I never watched games. As time passed, I realized I actually started to drop the Jimmermania from my head an rooted for the team and the organization as a whole. I just wanted to give my story to show that not every Jimmer fan are (is?) raising up pitchforks towards the organization. Also, I realize that not every Jimmer poster here thinks that way. But the discrimination or unfairness claims need to stop. Coach Malone is a legit coach and be would not let a personal vendetta get in the way of Wins. He may get his chance he may not. Who cares. I'm here for the kings. So Kings' Fans I would like to introduce your first Bandwagon fan. Me lol I see the organization is heading in the right direction so be ready for more like me haha
P.s I suck at grammar and spelling so I apologize for any eye bleeding after reading my one hug paragraph post
Welcome to Kingsfans.com ! Glad to have you aboard.

Who cares. I'm here for the kings.
You just got a big LIKE from me with that comment.

Find a seat and sit down, fasten your seatbelt and hold on. It should be a fun ride this year.

GO KINGS!!!!!

If I may indulge in a semi-serious derail.

I think that the Kings have seen so many Jimmer fans because it has been very difficult for the better part of a decade now to be a Kings fan. After the injury-driven implosion of the Webber/Divac/Peja era Kings, the team has been driven into the ground by terrible owners and a handcuffed and/or disinterested front office. It has been years since the roster made any sort of sense, with the closest being the end of the 2010-2011 season. For those outside the Sacramento area or without a strong connection to the area, there were so many more promising young teams to root for.

And so you see player fans making their way to the team. These folks always exist in sports, it's just that they are usually outnumbered by team fans in general.

So, when you get a combination of a player with a large built-in fanbase (Casspi, Jimmer, etc.) coming to a team where the fanbase has dwindled because the team is consistently bad, you see a lot more noise to signal than you otherwise would.
This is accurate. The 2012-13 Kings were a team that not even a mother could love. If you are a fan of good basketball, and you only want to watch good basketball, then you certainly don't spend your time watching the Kings. For me, following the Kings has been a new experience. I don't typically follow any team except the team I like (Mavericks). I certainly don't follow cellar teams that play horrible basketball...except for the fact that I am interested in Jimmer's career. I am grateful to people like Bricklayer, who watch countless hours of Kings basketball...so I don't have to. That's not disrespect, that's the truth.

No doubt many of the Kings fans here are some of the most dedicated fans to any team in any sport. That's the only way you could still follow and care about this team.

This year is going to be interesting. On three questions. 1) Can a new coach turn around the culture of this dysfunctional team with selfish players? 2) Can the potential superstar on this team shed his immature whining ways and embrace the ability he has in a winning way? 3) Will a "real" starting point guard solve any of the problems of recent years?

I forgot one question. 4) When will Jimmer be gone? I think both camps hope the answer is "very soon." Jimmer fans, don't get too excited about any trade that goes down. There's a good chance he is traded only for his expiring contract and ends up just as buried as he is on the Kings.

Last edited:
I forgot one question. 4) When will Jimmer be gone? I think both camps hope the answer is "very soon." Jimmer fans, don't get too excited about any trade that goes down. There's a good chance he is traded only for his expiring contract and ends up just as buried as he is on the Kings.
I don't want Jimmer to be gone. Best case scenario in my mind would be:
1) Jimmer steps up in a time of need and makes a case for minutes
2) A trade happens that frees up the logjam at guard (but keeps Jimmer in Sac)
3) Jimmer establishes himself as a solid rotational player and then Kings Fans and Jimmerfans can root for him alike.
4) Jimmerfans settle down and shut up and realize that the world isn't always fair, and no matter what happens to Jimmer, he still makes way more money than you, gets to hobnob with celebrities, and play basketball for a living.

oh... and had to edit to make one more...
5) Kings rally around Big Cuz, establish a winning attitude and become perennial playoff contenders.

oh... and had to edit to make one more...
5) Kings rally around Big Cuz, establish a winning attitude and become perennial playoff contenders.
Not enough talent around Cousins to smell the playoffs I am afraid. Which is an argument for tanking this year. In which case, Kings fans and Jimmer fans could unite in giving lots of minutes to Jimmer.

BREAKING NEWS: In one last act as commissioner, David Stern creates a 31st franchise in the NBA called the Seattle Jimmers, granting Seattle a team as long as they play Jimmer Fredette all 48 minutes of the game and let Jimmer also be the coach and GM.

I didn't mean trade him "to who" I mean, who is this a distraction for?

BREAKING NEWS: In one last act as commissioner, David Stern creates a 31st franchise in the NBA called the Seattle Jimmers, granting Seattle a team as long as they play Jimmer Fredette all 48 minutes of the game and let Jimmer also be the coach and GM.
Hmm.... as GM, who would Jimmer pick as his supporting cast?
Would Shawn Bradley make a triumphant return to the NBA?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not enough talent around Cousins to smell the playoffs I am afraid. Which is an argument for tanking this year. In which case, Kings fans and Jimmer fans could unite in giving lots of minutes to Jimmer.
Just when I was starting to like you...

Kings fans and probably the front office. I'm sure their community outreach folks are tearing their hair out at all the "ZOMG Y U NO PLAY JIMMAH" tweets and comments they get.

Who cares if it's a distraction for fans. Also, it's a good thing for the team that they have a popular player.

well let's be fair... Kings trying to tank vs. just being bad may be a distinction lost to both fans and the Kings themselves. At some level, aren't the Kings chances this year dependent on Vasquez and McLemore. Specifically regarding McLemore, that he will be better than Reke? And that somehow the coaching will turn the team around? That's a tough order.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
well let's be fair... Kings trying to tank vs. just being bad may be a distinction lost to both fans and the Kings themselves. At some level, aren't the Kings chances this year dependent on Vasquez and McLemore. Specifically regarding McLemore, that he will be better than Reke? And that somehow the coaching will turn the team around? That's a tough order.
The Kings are trying to rebuild themselves from beneath the bottom of the barrel as far as attendance, attitude, performance, etc. are concerned. A lot of fans are very hesitant to recommit completely, but are giving Vivek and Co. the benefit of the doubt. As long as things are going in the right direction, all will be fine. If, however, things look like "the before times" it's not gonna take long before that benefit of the doubt is lost.

Our ownership says it's not about winning right now, it's about building chemistry and a strong foundation. I truly believe that's much more important than trying to position ourselves for a #1 pick. Why? There are no guarantees in the lottery and no guarantees your draft pick will meet expectations. Things happen. Greg Oden ring any bells?

To me, tanking implies losing games you might have won to move up in the lottery rankings. We're gonna lose a lot of games anyway because we're not good. We don't need to strategize to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.