[Game] Hornets @ Kings Game Thread 11-21-2010

Can we please bench Landry he gets worked by West and sucks on offense. He's not very good so far all season. Dude is a bench player on a good team, I have no idea why we start him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Flandry stinks.

Westphal is his biggest fan though.

Oh well, time to watch the game slip throught the fingers of our Flandry/Cuz lockdown D frontline

gunks

Hall of Famer
JT has shown so much more in limited minutes than Landry its not even funny. Even when Landry went on his 3 game tear of averaging 19/9, he was letting the likes of Humphries drop 20/10 on him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Too many TOs, too much Cuz even though he was stinking up the joint. Waaaaaay too much Flandry.

A little bit more JT could have gone a long way. Ah well.

I don't care about our offensive struggles today, we played some good basketball today. The defensive intensity and hustle for loose balls make me think this team might actually want to win. The loss was disappointing but for the first time in a while I am proud to be a Kings fan tonight.

Wow, Reke didn't even pretend to try on the last possession. Show some fire.

Wasn't pretty. Played some great defense but the offense was awful. Westphal's reluctance to insert JT at certain moments, when he clearly should have, was bizarre. Just strange.

Annoying loss. The guys deserved the win just for the defensive intensity. Both teams deserved to lose this one, though. Can't say the Hornets deserved that one.

gunks

Hall of Famer
It sucks that we lost, but we did make it VERY difficult for the NBA's #1 team to beat us.

Two games in a row of MEAN defense and shaky offense by the Kings. I think we can beat Utah.

Good game, tonight. I am proud of the effort. But there's also a repetitive negative that I'm seeing from our main man, Tyreke Evans. The last possession of the game, Kings down by 5 with little hope, a time when star players will try anything to steal the game. Evans catches the ball with his lazy slow dribble, pretty much looking careless, drains precious seconds off the clock without an attempt.

Where has our "go-to" player been at the end of these games? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Tyreke Evans. I want to see him show some passion, some fire, out there on the court. His jumpshot hasn't improved enough for him to rely on it, so take it to the rack, draw some fouls. His turnovers kill me, which is why he doesn't come across as a good play-maker to me...

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Kings are now starting to form an identity - an very good defensive team.

The two young studs - Tyreke and Cousins - both played poor offensive games, yet the team stayed close because of defensive talent and intensity.

Luther Head was the player of the game (maybe co-player with Dalembert) and had the play of the game when he jumped on the Chris Paul ball.

Donte showed what he's capable of with his rebounding and defense.

Even though there were too many turnovers, the offense was much better than of late; in several instances the ball didn't touch the floor on offensive possessions. I was wondering who these non-dribblers were on the court.

When Tyreke and Cousins get it figured out, this team will have big wins, as long as they keep their heads on straight. They just have to continue to play seriously like this game and the NJ game.

It sucks that we lost, but we did make it VERY difficult for the NBA's #1 team to beat us.

Two games in a row of MEAN defense and shaky offense by the Kings. I think we can beat Utah.
I don't know about Utah...the team played good defense today but if Westphal is going to stick with Landry when he's got nothing on offense and getting punked by West on the other end, what happens when you switch West out for that bruiser Paul Milsap or Al Jefferson? I think Westphal's refusal to make that sub for JT helped kill us in the end.

Many more positives than negatives in this game. I agree with above post, the team made me proud tonight. A real positive game for the Kings. The reason they start Landry is because he is good.

I’m reading some these comments about Landry and my only thought is, if Donte Greene was doing this he’d be pulled and benched for 2 weeks.

BTW. I’m not hating on Carl Landry, I like the guy but I wish he’d pass more.

Did Omri play tonight? From the sound of it – no…but I hope he did.