[Game] Hornets @ Kings Game Thread 11-21-2010

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm sitting there watching Paul dribble the ball and Ariza is standing in the right corner and no one is guarding him. So asked myself, self, why is no one guarding Ariza? Hopefully Westphal will ask the same question.

Tied at 39 against a 10-1 team. I'll take it. Could have been much better obviously, but hey, we are who we are. Our players are trying hard, and playing good defense. Thats all I can ask for.

As far as coaching .. I still dont understand alot of our offense. I still dont understand why our offense at the start of the game seems to focus around Head and Dalembert.

Dalembert is having a rough go tonight on offense. Only two turnovers, but his shots are basically turnovers. I dont know why we ever pass him the ball to be honest. He has shown the ability to pass, but he holds the ball for too long and his touch is... not very good.

Great defense though!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm sitting there watching Paul dribble the ball and Ariza is standing in the right corner and no one is guarding him. So asked myself, self, why is no one guarding Ariza? Hopefully Westphal will ask the same question.
Cisco or JT, somebody f'd up badly there. He was open so long Coachie could have hobbled on out there and guarded him, and Cisco in particular appeared to know he was back there and not want to go cover him for some reason.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Tied at 39 against a 10-1 team. I'll take it. Could have been much better obviously, but hey, we are who we are. Our players are trying hard, and playing good defense. Thats all I can ask for.

As far as coaching .. I still dont understand alot of our offense. I still dont understand why our offense at the start of the game seems to focus around Head and Dalembert.

Dalembert is having a rough go tonight on offense. Only two turnovers, but his shots are basically turnovers. I dont know why we ever pass him the ball to be honest. He has shown the ability to pass, but he holds the ball for too long and his touch is... not very good.

Great defense though!
I remember reading prior to the season a little article about how Kings FO wanted Dally to focus on offense. At the time I wanted to write it off as a rumor or some kind of joke...

...sigh

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
For points and FG%, we're somewhat below par, but nowhere near the worst. Our 3-point % is the worst (29.7%).

We are the worst for (FG%) defense, although Phoenix is challenging us lately.
If we keep holding teams to 30% shooting halves we might be abel to correct that last stat fairly quickly.

gunks

Hall of Famer
For real, where did this stiffling D come from?

Are Donte and Head really that good that they've transformed our entire team by being inserted into the starting lineup?

Our O still sucks though. If we continue playing defense like this we could very well be the team with the ugliest games in the NBA (but if it comes with more Ws I'll take it!)