ESPN says Kings have decided to KEEP George Karl

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings GM Vlade Divac had a lengthy meeting with head coach George Karl this morning in which improving defense was the most notable topic.

Correction: Divac called Karl while he was at lunch in Phily. Vlade told GK in 5 min convo they will make it work and better defense needed

How do you even get that wrong in the first place ? :D:D

Welp. The players have no choice but to pull their heads out of their you know what, and just man up. I'm guessing if we aren't making a coaching change, then we'll be shaking up the roster yet again

SOMETHING needs to change and it's not just our on court "schemes"

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo

Correction: Divac called Karl while he was at lunch in Phily. Vlade told GK in 5 min convo they will make it work and better defense needed.

LOL you can't make this up
"Hey George, the idea is to DEFEND the 3. Not leave it wide open."

"Oh ok lol. I didn't know that."

"Perfect. Looks like you'll keep your job now that we're on the same page."

Not an excuse anymore. Owner leaned towards firing and Vlade convinced him to keep Karl. Now multiple times in Karl's tenure where Vlade has had an out to get rid of him and he hasn't. He's his coach.
Not excuse, the fact, he was not chosen by Vlade.

What is not the fact is: "owner leaned towards firing".

If you follow the leaks, there was 1-2 folks that said anything, and then retyping army of paper-monkeys that quoted those two.
Since the leak followed our Kings fans agenda, it raised our hopes, we accepted them as true so this development is more shocking than it should be.

Few thingies that make this not such a surprise:
- Vivek has to fork out millions of $$$ to replace the coach, but we take it that he was leaning toward firing.
- Having Corliss instead of Karl does not mean ANY improvement, unless you think Corliss is a long term solution... which I do not agree with.
- The next coach has to be a long term solution. How well finding proper coach under pressure within a weeks works? Just look at the last year.
- We already had "players quit on the coach" discussion... right before the winning streak.
- Absolutely nobody can predict what will this Kings team do next, on and off the court (now this statement borderlines with being the fact :) )

Welp. The players have no choice but to pull their heads out of their you know what, and just man up. I'm guessing if we aren't making a coaching change, then we'll be shaking up the roster yet again

SOMETHING needs to change and it's not just our on court "schemes"

How much will they be invested if the other reports about agents telling their player that Karl was shopping them around are true? They could just want out or deliberately not give any effort. (Collectively)

I'm sure Vlade has spoken to him on several occasions.

In fact here is an interesting thing: I'm not entirely sure that Cousins and Rondo have not been considerably involved in keeping George Karl's corpse haunting our sidelines

This could be true. They both have reasons to prove other's wrong. They both kind of function that way. Winning together and with Karl is the ultimate in your face to the doubters. Just needed to win games.

I'm sure Vlade has spoken to him on several occasions.

In fact here is an interesting thing: I'm not entirely sure that Cousins and Rondo have not been considerably involved in keeping George Karl's corpse haunting our sidelines
Reports were at least that Rondo wanted him to stay, no?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings GM Vlade Divac had a lengthy meeting with head coach George Karl this morning in which improving defense was the most notable topic.

Correction: Divac called Karl while he was at lunch in Phily. Vlade told GK in 5 min convo they will make it work and better defense needed

I dunno. How do you get wrong "The Kings are going to fire George Karl...whoa wait amazing 180 and totally not me getting it wrong in the first place!!"?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Jason Ross & Co: #1 you either decide to trade your star player (for great value) or as a franchise you have to change your approach with your star player; they've catered to him for six years. Can you do that? That's a parent laying down the law after six years of coddling. He's not optimistic. They think it probably gets worse before it gets better.

This doesn't mean Karl is a keeper people. It just means he will be gone in the offseason. I'm not sure what you expected best case. A sweep from the warriors?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Not excuse, the fact, he was not chosen by Vlade.

What is not the fact is: "owner leaned towards firing".

If you follow the leaks, there was 1-2 folks that said anything, and then retyping army of paper-monkeys that quoted those two.
Since the leak followed our Kings fans agenda, it raised our hopes, we accepted them as true so this development is more shocking than it should be.

Few thingies that make this not such a surprise:
- Vivek has to fork out millions of $$$ to replace the coach, but we take it that he was leaning toward firing.
- Having Corliss instead of Karl does not mean ANY improvement, unless you think Corliss is a long term solution... which I do not agree with.
- The next coach has to be a long term solution. How well finding proper coach under pressure within a weeks works? Just look at the last year.
- We already had "players quit on the coach" discussion... right before the winning streak.
- Absolutely nobody can predict what will this Kings team do next, on and off the court (now this statement borderlines with being the fact :) )
There is considerable truth to it. When the rumors picked up steam I noted that it really sounded like one or two of our local media/fans and then a whole bunch of us building on it. The big "trigger" point was a fairly innocuous "its not all on the guys out there, we have some things to work on behind closed doors" type statement from Boogie. The real "evidence" would have been the play on the court.

Then Woj and pals picked up with "sources" stories that were mostly just thinly veiled resumptions of their summer attacks on Vlade and Vivek.

In the end the number of obvious and confirmable internal problems never equalled the amount of outside/conventional wisdom pressure.

On the other hand you would have thought it amounted to more than one 5 minute phone call. :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Jason Ross & Co: #1 you either decide to trade your star player (for great value) or as a franchise you have to change your approach with your star player; they've catered to him for six years. Can you do that? That's a parent laying down the law after six years of coddling. He's not optimistic. They think it probably gets worse before it gets better.
They've barely catered to him at all. They dress him in rags, banned his best friend from the house and refuse to let him take the classes he wants. The only way they've "catered" to him is given that he in fact has never been in trouble in school or with the law and understanding what crapty parents they've been, they accept his occasional outbursts without a grounding,

It tells you how much fans should believe these quotes and news released by national writers coming from their anonoymous sources. The first quote was probably just a guess by Spears. These guys.... smh