ESPN says Kings have decided to KEEP George Karl

I hope this is more of Vlade attempting to prevent the Kingdom from falling down so we can do a proper search in the off season, rather than him being gullible enough to believe Karl is going to make any noticeable, lasting changes.
Yeah but since the players appear to have quit on the coach in a deliberate attempt to force vlade's hand, what happens the rest of this season?

I hope this is more of Vlade attempting to prevent the Kingdom from falling down so we can do a proper search in the off season, rather than him being gullible enough to believe Karl is going to make any noticeable, lasting changes.
I could see that being true, not wanting to damage any future potential coaching candidates, but isn't this whole back and forth even worse than just cutting the cord?

Absolutely unreal.

I've been on the side of "not everything Karl's fault" for awhile now, but we simply could not have handled this worse. A bunch of leaks everywhere about Karl being on the way out, the team obviously quitting on him the past couple weeks with no effort. He didn't deserve it, but he should have been gone with the way everything has gone down in recent weeks.

Btw, nobody can say anymore that Karl isn't Vlade's coach. He's lost the "Well he didn't hire him" excuse now.

Sean Cunningham@SeanCunningham

about 11 minutes ago
Conversation between George Karl and Vlade Divac was not unlike many they've had prior. Just a renewed vigor to get team back on track.

Thats reassuring.......
How many of these discussions do we have to have before we realize it's not working? This is insane! Who needs to tell a coach to defend the 3? To get the guys to play with energy? To play to the team strengths? To stop with this small-ball BS that continues not to work? This isn't a conversation that should be needed to have, yet alone to have it multiple times in a season.

Absolutely unreal.

I've been on the side of "not everything Karl's fault" for awhile now, but we simply could not have handled this worse. A bunch of leaks everywhere about Karl being on the way out, the team obviously quitting on him the past couple weeks with no effort. He didn't deserve it, but he should have been gone with the way everything has gone down in recent weeks.

Btw, nobody can say anymore that Karl isn't Vlade's coach. He's lost the "Well he didn't hire him" excuse now.
Karl isn't Vlade's coach.

Which is a perfectly reasonable line of thinking.

But I don't buy it with the absurd amount of leaks the past couple games in particular about the Kings seriously discussing firing Karl. All that does is show how dysfunctional of an organization we are, especially when we actually decide to KEEP Karl in the end.

Absolutely unreal.

Yes, it is the leaks that make this the poopoostorm that it currently is. Fans would have been disgruntled about the Kings keeping Karl, but to have multiple media sites suggesting he was gone and then to have those media sites say he is staying adds to the confusion, anger, disappointment, frustration of Kings fans.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Vlade does not have the final call, so there's that too.

Wow. Why? Is Karl going to suddenly stop playing Rondo-Collison together? Or will he finally hold Marco and Rondo responsible on defense? Is he going to finally decrease Cuz's usage? Will he stop running? Will he stop the switches?

This is just BS. Nothing will change and I feel like this will just push Cousins further away from here.

Did Vlade not watch the last 5 games? The team has given up on Karl... How the hell can we fix this?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Yes, it is the leaks that make this the poopoostorm that it currently is. Fans would have been disgruntled about the Kings keeping Karl, but to have multiple media sites suggesting he was gone and then to have those media sites say he is staying adds to the confusion, anger, disappointment, frustration of Kings fans.
Kinda makes you wonder where all those writers were getting their story from doesn't it?

Not an excuse anymore. Owner leaned towards firing and Vlade convinced him to keep Karl. Now multiple times in Karl's tenure where Vlade has had an out to get rid of him and he hasn't. He's his coach.
this is mostly semantics, but there's a bit of difference between a gm giving a full vote of confidence to a head coach he himself hired and a gm keeping a head coach he didn't hire onboard in pursuit of short-term "stability," however misguided that pursuit may be. if karl is still here as the offseason arrives and progresses, then i will find myself in agreement with you...