Carmichael Dave innuendo, "We are officially at Defcon One"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
At the risk of making you even madder, I will say this:

Fegan is the agent for a once-in-a-decade player (and that's being cautious about DMC's future). As such, I think he has every right in the world to want to ensure that the organization knows what the hell it's doing especially considering what we've seen thus far. If Cousins wasn't as loyal as he is, this could already be very ugly. Reassurance and a peak at the vision aren't too much to ask.
I think they have done quite a bit. That was my point. If whoever was asked actually answered by talking about pace and gave the impression we were going to build around a rapid up and down the court game, we are screwed in Fegan's eyes and in mine. These are not the types of game that suit Boogie and a change of team might very well be warranted. I like the two changes that have been made assuming Karl comes. The rest of it is very bothersome if they persist in this pace insanity..

I don't think we need to be apologetic about Karl and Gay. I DO think we should be apologetic when the owner and apparent chief decision maker is out of the country as the team disintegrates.

I'd love to hear the answer as to why Malone was fired.

I have a completely different theory about all this:

1. The whole media world thinks it's a no-brainer to get Karl. So they started making up reasons on why it still hasn't happened yet after all this time.

2. Since everybody in this twitter world is now a quasi journalist, they started making up stuff trying to make connections that probably were not entirely true.

3. They started saying that it was money and contract, then when somebody said it wasn't that, they started looking at the cousin's "camp" angle.

4. When they realized that their angle wouldn't work since the agent themselves said it wasn't them (likely the only real quote here as opposed to"sources"), they bring out the PDA pushing for it and create the they were against "vision" not Karl.

Now, I'm not saying that this FO is innocent in all this, they handled this situation about as poorly as can be imagined, from MM firing to present.

But it may be possible that these leaks are all bogus but unfortunately damaging to the kings.

PDA or vivek likely didn't believe NM was the solution to their vision, planned to say "it's about wins and losses" as an excuse to get rid of him. But things went awry when MM started winning so they stuck with him, relegating any coaching change plans to the back burner. When DMC got sick, and the kings started losing, they impulsively struck while the iron was hot (not having a back up plan) - a move everyone agrees was ill-timed and in retrospect totally stupid.

So they decide to make Ty the "coach" for the season to save face making it seem that's the plan (which we know is not the plan)

They start looking for a coach but don't want to make another mistake so they don't get to Karl right away. (Or perhaps, was really hoping for mullin - god no!). Perhaps they thought they could ride this out till the end but realize that the ship is sinking FAST so they now scramble for Karl.

then the media circus happens.

Hopefully, while obviously rookies in the FO, I think one thing is clear, they are not satisfied with the product on the floor and are trying to make it better.

Sometimes trying leads you to make mistakes, but at least it's not for lack of trying.

This isn't a defense of the FO, far from it, but this is a possible explanation.

Now onto Karl!

Lastly, this board has become quite toxic lately, but that is only a sign of how passionate everyone is about their beloved kings. We may disagree on lots of stuff, but we are all KingsFans.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The important thing to remember about the leaks coming out about "Demarcus's camp" is they're all coming from Sam Amick, who has been wildly biased about Demarcus in the past.

I mean Sam Amick is the guy who famously ran a smear campaign to torpedo Boogie's all-star chances last season.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
The important thing to remember about the leaks coming out about "Demarcus's camp" is they're all coming from Sam Amick, who has been wildly biased about Demarcus in the past.

I mean Sam Amick is the guy who famously ran a smear campaign to torpedo Boogie's all-star chances last season.
I need to pay more attention. I am so politically tgnorant. :)

This is quite a concern as an agent like Fegan won't compartmentalize the greater situation into simply focusing in on Karl. No, the real threat is a power broker like Fegan looking at this complete and utterly incompetent mess and deciding to have options A, B and C to get Cuz out of here. There is no way Fegan isn't exploring an escape plan for Cuz.
Fegan doesn't get paid unless/until Demarcus signs a contract, right?

That's actually a good point. I might be wrong about the FO dumping blame on DMC... THIS time...

Amick says:
The Sacramento Kings made significant progress on a deal with coach George Karl on Sunday, when the once-sizable gap between the two sides on salary and length of contract was narrowed and confidence rose that a workable deal could be done.

According to three people with knowledge of the situation, the last hurdle in a possible partnership was the complicated component relating to the team's star player, center DeMarcus Cousins. Yet as of Sunday evening, there were signs that the resistance from Cousins' camp was waning and that the two sides could be nearing a deal
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rch-latest-rumors-and-speculation-on-position

But there is a game on the 10th, they're going to can Corbin before then?
I'm down.
I think Corbin will be "re-assigned" to assistant coach if Karl is hired.

I would think that the FO would recognize that they put him a no-win situation and he never had a chance as Head Coach.

But, I think he can still be an effective assistant coach, especially, since the Kings have to pay him anyways.

Corbin is not a bad guy or coach. He was asked to do the impossible by the FO, even though that PACE was not his style of coaching.

I would approve of him being "re-assigned" to assistant coach.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I would think that the FO would recognize that they put him a no-win situation and he never had a chance as Head Coach.

But, I think he can still be an effective assistant coach, especially, since the Kings have to pay him anyways.

Corbin is not a bad guy or coach. He was asked to do the impossible by the FO, even though that PACE was not his style of coaching.

So what you're saying is that Ty Corbin will wind up being our new Jerry Reynolds.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Fegan doesn't get paid unless/until Demarcus signs a contract, right?
That's true but Cousins already has a contract. Fagen is protecting he client as to getting a new coach considering the last coach he had that he probably literally loved was abruptly fired. He found out on twitter AFTER the fact. Some people like me would consider that rude..

So what you're saying is that Ty Corbin will wind up being our new Jerry Reynolds.
Oh no no, Jerry has been here from the start, has that odd eccentric charm, seen and done it all.

No one can replace Jerry.

From literally passing out during a game and getting a technical for falling on the ground, to Never Nervous Pervis.

Blake Ellington @BlakeEllington
Follow

Corbin praised Kings for staying together:"I thought the way they did it tonight was great for them going forward, who knows what'll happen"

9:33 PM - 8 Feb 2015
3 RETWEETS 4 FAVORITES

"I thought the way they did it tonight was great for them going forward?

Alright, he totally knows what's up.
I will see you guys in the morning when Karl is introduced as the next HC of the Sacramento Kings!

And if he was re-assigned by Vivek/PDA it would be just another bumbling misstep from the worst front office in sports. You aren't going to hire a coach with the kind of pedigree that Karl has and tell him that Corbin is one of his coaches. Are you kidding me? No way, no how. Karl gets to pick his staff. Period. That would be one of the worst things that a front office with zero pull, zero respect, zero intelligence, zero tact could do after hiring Karl...

Which means it's what they're gonna do.

Blake Ellington @BlakeEllington
Follow

Corbin praised Kings for staying together:"I thought the way they did it tonight was great for them going forward, who knows what'll happen"

9:33 PM - 8 Feb 2015
3 RETWEETS 4 FAVORITES

"I thought the way they did it tonight was great for them going forward?

Alright, he totally knows what's up.
I will see you guys in the morning when Karl is introduced as the next HC of the Sacramento Kings!
Yeah those pronouns say a lot!! Must be a done deal.

And if he was re-assigned by Vivek/PDA it would be just another bumbling misstep from the worst front office in sports. You aren't going to hire a coach with the kind of pedigree that Karl has and tell him that Corbin is one of his coaches. Are you kidding me? No way, no how. Karl gets to pick his staff. Period. That would be one of the worst things that a front office with zero pull, zero respect, zero intelligence, zero tact could do after hiring Karl...

Which means it's what they're gonna do.
Problem also being if Karl takes the job mid-season, his usual assistant coaches are most likely employed elsewhere. Karl will need some assistants now, especially one that has been around the players and know them.

Where do you think Karl will pull 4-5 assistant coaches from midseason? He will need to keep 1-2 from current staff for the transition.

Problem also being if Karl takes the job mid-season, his usual assistant coaches are most likely employed elsewhere. Karl will need some assistants now, especially one that has been around the players and know them.

Where do you think Karl will pull 4-5 assistant coaches from midseason? He will need to keep 1-2 from current staff for the transition.
I think he rolls with what he already has here until the end of the season and builds his staff on the off season.

That's fine. Keep who he wants. But the FO does not get to decide that. You wrote that that the front office should move him back to the bench. All I said was that Karl gets to pick, not the bumblers upstairs. If Karl picks Corbin, great. If he doesn't, fine. But the front office needs to stay the hell away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.