Carmichael Dave innuendo, "We are officially at Defcon One"

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing DMC last night I think it's downright impossible to not make some sort of a move here. Pretty obvious we're losing him day by day.
look on the bright side. if we're gonna lose him, someone will give us 20 years worth of 2nd round picks for him. we're set for position-less basketball for the future.

Thank god Boogie is loyal as ****, I think as we fans keep showing him overwhelming support he wonʻt go anywhere.

Now if our FO would stop acting like high schoolers..

On their show this morning, they got to the Kings/Karl segment, and at one point, J Ross asked, "But why NOW? Why didn't they go to Karl months ago?"
And Carmichael Dave immediately answered, "Because of the Dallas game."
WTF?!

What apoplectic wailing and gnashing of teeth could have happened at THAT game that could have caused the front office to wake the f up, and start making calls?
They really have looked like they were asleep for two months, and woke up panicky and started flailing about calling people and leaking to social media to make something happen. But Karl's been steady for many weeks, saying he wants to coach and Demarcus' "all-powerful camp" hadn;t been spoken to and smoothed over months ago?! It makes no sense.

The Dallas game wasn't particularly painful - they got spanked by a far better roster.
The Utah game was incalculably worse, IMO.
Why is the Dallas game considered such a spectacular fail that it jostled this front office into actually making a change?
I'm not saying they should have waited this long but I just think Dallas was the last straw. The losses were piling up then you go against a team missing their 2 top players and playing something like 6 games in 7 night and get blown out at home. That's pretty embarrassing. There comes a point where they had to admit Corbin wasn't working and I guess the Dallas game was it.

G

GQ_Gabriel

What the hell is the hold-up?

Just hire the man!

What do we think Thibs is going to be available in the offseason and Sacramento will be his preferred destination? Cousins surely cleared up any doubt regarding his camp being the roadblock based on his post-game interview.

Stop sitting on your hands and make a move, Vivek.

What the hell is the hold-up?

Just hire the man!

What do we think Thibs is going to be available in the offseason and Sacramento will be his preferred destination? Cousins surely cleared up any doubt regarding his camp being the roadblock based on his post-game interview.

Stop sitting on your hands and make a move, Vivek.
I'm not a lawyer but it's not as simple as "you're hired." Length of contract, amount of compensation, guarantees and probably things like chain of command.

Karl is also supposed to be going to a funeral.

G

GQ_Gabriel

I'm not a lawyer but it's not as simple as "you're hired." Length of contract, amount of compensation, guarantees and probably things like chain of command.

Karl is also supposed to be going to a funeral.

From what I've read, it sounds as if the specifics and details of his would-be contract have appeared to be agreed upon, could definitely be the funeral causing delay.

Logic tells you they'd want to get this done going into the All Star Break as to give our guys the limited time to prepare.

On their show this morning, they got to the Kings/Karl segment, and at one point, J Ross asked, "But why NOW? Why didn't they go to Karl months ago?"
WTF?!
If this is true, the coaching search has been going on for 3 days? And has involved ONE coach?

Jesus.

Things are actually moving incredibly fast.

WTF?!

What apoplectic wailing and gnashing of teeth could have happened at THAT game that could have caused the front office to wake the f up, and start making calls?
They really have looked like they were asleep for two months, and woke up panicky and started flailing about calling people and leaking to social media to make something happen. But Karl's been steady for many weeks, saying he wants to coach and Demarcus' "all-powerful camp" hadn;t been spoken to and smoothed over months ago?! It makes no sense.

The Dallas game wasn't particularly painful - they got spanked by a far better roster.
The Utah game was incalculably worse, IMO.
Why is the Dallas game considered such a spectacular fail that it jostled this front office into actually making a change?
To me this all seems reactionary, Pete and the FO had a bravado that a coaching change wouldnt shake the confidence that the fans had in the Savior Vivek or himself. Them making this a circus and hiring Karl bacause of a fan firestorm further illistrates the fact that they have NO plan, its basically all winging it. If it takes fan uproar, (fans who by the way saw this whole mess coming while the FO was too busy patting themselves on the back) to get something done then this FO will never be successful even if Karl is hired.

Yes Karl has a good track record, but he has never hopped into a hot mess quite like this one before.

WTF?!

The logical answer would be that the FO actually thought that Corbin was going to be able to right the ship at some point. When it became clear that things were getting worse and not better, they felt they had to make a move. Not sure this is what happened. I'm just suggesting the possible logic behind such a comment.

The logical answer would be that the FO actually thought that Corbin was going to be able to right the ship at some point. When it became clear that things were getting worse and not better, they felt they had to make a move. Not sure this is what happened. I'm just suggesting the possible logic behind such a comment.

This is what I think happened. I do not think that Corbin was the "subsitute" coach in the FO mind, as hard as it is for fans to see it that way. Fans only know Corbin from his resume which is thin to be sure, therefore they conclude he must not be very good or the right person for the job. However, the FO not only knew his resume, but also know him as a person. It is not inconceivable that the FO was very impressed with Corbin as a person and really thought that he deserved a chance as the head coach.

All great coaches (and people for that matter) at one time had a very thin resume, but then someone came along who believed in them and took a chance in spite of the lack of credentials. I am sorry that it did not go better for Ty, but to assume that he was never the right guy is just insulting and unfair to him IMO.

Karl has a good track record, but he has never hopped into a hot mess quite like this one before.
this is a bit off-topic, but i think the lure of the impossible can be hard to resist, particularly in the current nba landscape (and particularly given the kind of money that impossible situations often attract). phil jackson is attempting to rescue the new york knicks. stan van gundy took on dual roles in an attempt to save the wayward detroit pistons. lebron james returned to the beleaguered cleveland cavaliers in the hopes of bringing a championship to his hometown. and the sacramento kings may, indeed, be a "hot mess," but george karl has long thrived in such situations. perhaps he views it as the last great challenge of his career. more to the point, i can't imagine there are many in nba coaching circles who don't salivate over the opportunity to coach a franchise center like demarcus cousins. that may not have been true a couple of seasons ago, but cousins has put in tremendous work toward cleaning up his image and improving on the defensive side of the ball. should he arrive as coach of the kings, karl would be reaping those benefits, as long as he avoids a disastrous scenario in which he's regularly clashing with cousins...

I seriously doubt that the front office and George Karl haven't talked until this point. They probably talked right after Malone got fired, in fact they probably talked during the last offseason, there were rumors that the front office was considering firing Malone even back then. A lot of people have the impression that our front office is trigger happy, but I believe they are too indecisive which leads to making moves at odd times, such as when they fired Malone and now this. This should have all happened last offseason and then we may not be wasting another year like we are now.

I do believe that the funeral today is holding up things, but the more troubling thing is the other part that could be holding up things and that being the Kings' minority owners. Originally I thought Ranadive was responsible for all of this, but now I'm starting to think that there are too many cooks in the kitchen here. We have the owner, the GM, the advisor, and now minority owners! You have got to be kidding! This is the GM's job to do! This is why the front office is indecisive, too many people have to approve and you will never please everyone.

I think that the front office was hoping that Corbin could have held this together for the rest of the season and then move on to their new coach, perhaps it would have been George Karl anyway. It is much easier to implement a new system, to get to know the players, and make personnel moves during the offseason when things have slowed down. That is probably how the new coach would want it as well, but things have fallen apart way too fast. With this many games left if no action is taken the fans may boycott, in fact the team may boycott in whatever ways they can. Some trust and stability must be restored now, that is what Carmichael Dave meant by the Dallas game.

Amick now tweets that Vivek has given PDA discretion to make the coaching call. Why, why why would you leak this? To throw DMC under the bus if the deal isn't done? To hold only PDA accountable if Karl doesn't work out?

Edit: here's the link to the full story. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vek-ranadive-pete-dalessandro-kings/23125543/

Amick also doubles down on the Cousins camp charge, claiming that their resistance to Karl is "widely known". He is, however, slightly more particular in pointing the finger at Cousins' agents and not cousins himself.

Cousins is obviously not happy right now, but I was impressed by his words in the short interview. A giant leap of maturity. God's Plan? Toughest Soldiers? Wow. Who sez that kind of stuff? My respect for him continues to grow. He has more faith and more intelligence than most give him credit for.

It's really the perfect move for Ranadive to make, as unfair as this is there must be a scapegoat, too much has gone wrong and too much trust has been lost. I like D'Alessandro, I think he is a good guy, a smart guy, and that a lot of these decisions have not been his or not been his alone. However ownership has to come out clean in this because you can't fire the owners. I'm sure in many ways that we will soon see there will be leaks that D'Alessandro made the decision to fire Malone, he has actually said this repeatedly in interviews. We will also hear that it was his decision alone to hire Karl if that happens, we have actually heard these rumors too, even more so now. If Karl doesn't fix this it is D'Alessandro's fault and if Cousins demands a trade then it is D'Alessandro's fault. You could tell at halftime yesterday that there was tension between him and Cousins. Make no mistake, if Karl gets hired and it doesn't work then everything falls apart. Someone will take the fall for that and it will be D'Alessandro. Confidence will have to be restored and getting a new GM will help that.

Cousins is obviously not happy right now, but I was impressed by his words in the short interview. A giant leap of maturity. God's Plan? Toughest Soldiers? Wow. Who sez that kind of stuff? My respect for him continues to grow. He has more faith and more intelligence than most give him credit for.
Really? What did all of that even mean? I wasn't impressed...seemed like he was being a drama queen to me.

Amick now tweets that Vivek has given PDA discretion to make the coaching call. Why, why why would you leak this? To throw DMC under the bus if the deal isn't done? To hold only PDA accountable if Karl doesn't work out?

Edit: here's the link to the full story. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vek-ranadive-pete-dalessandro-kings/23125543/

Amick also doubles down on the Cousins camp charge, claiming that their resistance to Karl is "widely known". He is, however, slightly more particular in pointing the finger at Cousins' agents and not cousins himself.
I said it once, I'll say it again.....I don't give a PACE about what Amick says. He has proven time and again to have a grudge with Cuz and will stop at nothing to sabotage Cuz. I think he recognizes that Karl could take Cuz and the team to the next level and doesn't like that. So he poisons the water before anyone gets to drink. I sincerely hope Cuz sees through all this and realizes that while the FO is somewhat clumsy, that the FO has nothing to do with bringing DMC in any of this. This is all a hidden agenda of Amick who clearly keeps getting Cuz' Camp involved.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
To me this all seems reactionary, Pete and the FO had a bravado that a coaching change wouldnt shake the confidence that the fans had in the Savior Vivek or himself. Them making this a circus and hiring Karl bacause of a fan firestorm further illistrates the fact that they have NO plan, its basically all winging it. If it takes fan uproar, (fans who by the way saw this whole mess coming while the FO was too busy patting themselves on the back) to get something done then this FO will never be successful even if Karl is hired.

Yes Karl has a good track record, but he has never hopped into a hot mess quite like this one before.

Who is it that you could hire that has?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Vivek's people.

And yes, they are tying a noose around PDA's neck. It works, or they kick the stool out and he hangs while ownership skips away from responsibility.

Same schtick as Malone being fired in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.