Breaking point? cousins to be benched?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
God how long are you going to make excuses for him, how long. Please tell me ... i wanna know. give me something...anything....

cancer.. remember? that was the word I kept using over and over. Cancer, when do you see him being a cancer,what does he have to do...i ask politely
Your posts are starting to smell of those of a something that starts with a T and rhymes with rick-roll.

N

nbaFan

So your telling me that I'm finally going to go to a game at ARCO, and my daughter is going to finally see Cousins play, and he's not going to play? Because of the choke sign? Where have some of you clowns been. There have been players in the NBA doing the choke sign for as long as I can remember. Barkley used to harrass Micheal Smith everytime he stepped to the line. If it was such a big deal why didn't the official do something last night. He was standing right there. Pull the kid aside and tell him its not cool. Every damm thing doesn't have to be blown out of proportion. I'd hardly blame the loss last night on Cousins. There were plenty of contributions made by a lot of players. This is a bunch of BS!!
Curious to know, dont you hold him accountable for anything, ANYTHING?? ever, not one thing?? its "Always blown out of proportion" with him for you. coincidence? , not likely.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Curious to know, dont you hold him accountable for anything, ANYTHING?? ever, not one thing?? its "Always blown out of proportion" with him for you. coincidence? , not likely.
What then would you suggest that we do? How do we solve this problem, o enlightened one?

God how long are you going to make excuses for him, how long. Please tell me ... i wanna know. give me something...anything....

cancer.. remember? that was the word I kept using over and over. Cancer, when do you see him being a cancer,what does he have to do...i ask politely
He's a cancer because he made a choke sign and got thrown out of practice? Generally "cancer" when used to refer to a player describes a guy who can ruin team chemistry and morale merely by his presence. The Kings had no chemistry or morale to start with though so Cousins, or anyone else, could hardly have ruined them. He's an emotional player on a terrible team, that's not a good combination. Emotional players never handle losing well. Yes he has a lot to learn, yes he has some attitude issues to work on, but those are correctable things. What's more important (at least to me) is that he's been playing well and improving all the time.

You seem to have a personal grudge against the guy and appear to be rooting for him to fail so you can trumpet about how right you were about him. I don’t know if you’re a Kings fan or not but if you are, that’s pretty odd behavior. If you’re a fan, you should be hoping he does well, not waiting... hoping... expecting him to implode.

N

nbaFan

ive already mentioned this earlier. But your lucky and i'll enlighten you at this late hour. You trade him now, immediately, while he still has "potential". You trade him to Washington for the unprotected first round pick. Let J Wall and DMC be together again. We get a top 5 pick, along with our own top 3 or 4 pick and we have the making of a nice nucleus. Draft Irving(if healthy) and Jones or Barnes. Trade Landry back to Hou for Brooks. Sign Marc Gasol as restricted FA. look Gasol,Thompson,Perry Jones,Irving and evans with Brooks the super sub. Come on thats a future to build around and get excited about. Quality team players

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
ive already mentioned this earlier. But your lucky and i'll enlighten you at this late hour. You trade him now, immediately, while he still has "potential". You trade him to Washington for the unprotected first round pick. Let J Wall and DMC be together again. We get a top 5 pick, along with our own top 3 or 4 pick and we have the making of a nice nucleus. Draft Irving(if healthy) and Jones or Barnes. Trade Landry back to Hou for Brooks. Sign Marc Gasol as restricted FA. look Gasol,Thompson,Perry Jones,Irving and evans with Brooks the super sub. Come on thats a future to build around and get excited about. Quality team players
I'm sure that scenario works in a video game but here in the real world, the other team actually has to like a trade for something to happen. And I'm also convinced at this point that Cousins will be better than the fat Gasol (if he's not already).

N

nbaFan

He's a cancer because he made a choke sign and got thrown out of practice? Generally "cancer" when used to refer to a player describes a guy who can ruin team chemistry and morale merely by his presence. The Kings had no chemistry or morale to start with though so Cousins, or anyone else, could hardly have ruined them. He's an emotional player on a terrible team, that's not a good combination. Emotional players never handle losing well. Yes he has a lot to learn, yes he has some attitude issues to work on, but those are correctable things. What's more important (at least to me) is that he's been playing well and improving all the time.

You seem to have a personal grudge against the guy and appear to be rooting for him to fail so you can trumpet about how right you were about him. I don’t know if you’re a Kings fan or not but if you are, that’s pretty odd behavior. If you’re a fan, you should be hoping he does well, not waiting... hoping... expecting him to implode.
actually when he put up 20/10 the other day i was impressed. I dont root for him though, he makes it impossible to root for. I want the Kings to have players such as OKC. They all love each other and it shows on the court. The fanbase is extremely lucky to have such quality team players who care about winning and growing. DMC can never be like KD,JG,RW,SI,NC ,TS. He is a cancer and destroys team concepts and chemistry. He's a me first player. He could be a guy that gets numbers,but wont be a winner.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
actually when he put up 20/10 the other day i was impressed. I dont root for him though, he makes it impossible to root for. I want the Kings to have players such as OKC. They all love each other and it shows on the court. The fanbase is extremely lucky to have such quality team players who care about winning and growing. DMC can never be like KD,JG,RW,SI,NC ,TS. He is a cancer and destroys team concepts and chemistry. He's a me first player. He could be a guy that gets numbers,but wont be a winner.
You don't exactly shake the image of you having a grudge against him with posts like this.

N

nbaFan

I'm sure that scenario works in a video game but here in the real world, the other team actually has to like a trade for something to happen. And I'm also convinced at this point that Cousins will be better than the fat Gasol (if he's not already).
funny, so youre saying DMC isnt worth a top 5 pick????? interesting ( but thats what ive been saying all along)

That all sounds dandy and it's good to see that you have some actual ideas and aren't just trolling like I thought, but... There's just a few problems with it. No way in Hades does Houston give us Brooks for Landry. No guarantee that Gasol would come here. And, if The Wizards get Wall back, add Cousins, and now Lewis as well, their pick probably won't be top 5, probably more like 8-10.

Last edited:
N

nbaFan

You don't exactly shake the image of you having a grudge against him with posts like this.
yes i suppose i despise the fact i have hang my hat on the "emergence" of DMC, watch him become a player,grow root for him, all that. Id rather take my chances on two top 5 picks in the next draft.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That all sounds dandy and it's good to see that you have some actual ideas and aren't just trolling like I thought, but... There's just a few problems with it. No way in Hades does Houston give us Brooks for Landry. No guarantee that Gasol would come here. And, if The Wizards get Wall back, add Cousins, and now Lewis as well, there pick probably won't be top 5, probably more like 8-10.
Since they're in the eastern conference where there are four or five good teams and a mess of "other guys", there would be an improved chance of them actually reaching the playoffs, so you're potentially looking at 17 on up.

N

nbaFan

That all sounds dandy and it's good to see that you have some actual ideas and aren't just trolling like I thought, but... There's just a few problems with it. No way in Hades does Houston give us Brooks for Landry. No guarantee that Gasol would come here. And, if The Wizards get Wall back, add Cousins, and now Lewis as well, there pick probably won't be top 5, probably more like 8-10.
thats a good point, luckily Rashard Lewis sucks so bad we wont have to worry about him winning any games, and DMC, you already know how i feel about him. Garbage. Wall cant carry a team all byhimself yet, at least not this year. id take a top 6 pick for DMC. Deep draft this year

I'm wondering if Westphal is going to continue to go with Cousins in the last six to eight minutes of games. Not because of this one game, but because of the past several games in which he regularly fouls in the last minutes out of his frustration and needlessly put the opposing team on the free throw line. This happens repeatedly. Apparently, the message isn't sinking in. Maybe he needs to look at the last few minutes from the bench for a while before giving him another shot. (And no, I'm not talking about benching him the whole game; just playing Dally for the last 6-8 minutes of the 4th quarter, not Cousins).

The choke sign is a perfect metaphor for Cousins right now. He needs a BIG dose of respect - respect for the other team, respect for his coaches, respect for his teamates. Ultimately, without that he's not going to have respect from others, and more importantly, himself.

Don't act like it's just Cousins. I didn't see Cousins turn the ball over late in the paint. That was Beno Udrih. I didn't see Cousins take a quick 3 with 12 seconds left on the clock. That was Cisco. Then Cousins choked. Just about every time he does it's when 3 others before him have already laid the ground work and we're about to lose anyway. If the idea is to take all the chokers off the floor Westphal needs to lead the way off the court with the entire team following behind.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
yes i suppose i despise the fact i have hang my hat on the "emergence" of DMC, watch him become a player,grow root for him, all that. Id rather take my chances on two top 5 picks in the next draft.
Because three top 5 draft picks in three years is somehow worse?

N

nbaFan

Since they're in the eastern conference where there are four or five good teams and a mess of "other guys", there would be an improved chance of them actually reaching the playoffs, so you're potentially looking at 17 on up.

Look Houston needs size in lieu of Yao , Brooks clearly has lost his job to Lowry, he's playing great. Brooks is also a free agent in the summer. now is the time for Hou to get some value.

N

nbaFan

Because three top 5 draft picks in three years is somehow worse?
its the player not the slot the player is picked. YES id take any top 5 pick in the 2011 draft over DMC. id pull a name out of a hat. whoever that may be , when coupled with our own top 5 pick, along Evans gives us a nice nucleus.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Look Houston needs size in lieu of Yao , Brooks clearly has lost his job to Lowry, he's playing great. Brooks is also a free agent in the summer. now is the time for Hou to get some value.
Carl Landry doesn't really scream size to me. Plus if Houston was really intent on getting value for Brooks before he walks (which he probably won't anyways), why would they trade him for another expiring contract?

N

nbaFan

theres something else to think about here. Its not bad watching a suck team night after night as long as you see growth in the team, a spark, glimmer of hope. a progress, a unity. If we had two top 5 picks to go with Evans, yes they wouldnt win right away, but it would sure beat watching this crap we have now, this is ajoke.

N

nbaFan

Carl Landry doesn't really scream size to me. Plus if Houston was really intent on getting value for Brooks before he walks (which he probably won't anyways), why would they trade him for another expiring contract?
because they would get his bird rights, as opposed to midlevel or bi=annual exception and would sign him to a 3 year deal

theres something else to think about here. Its not bad watching a suck team night after night as long as you see growth in the team, a spark, glimmer of hope. a progress, a unity. If we had two top 5 picks to go with Evans, yes they wouldnt win right away, but it would sure beat watching this crap we have now, this is ajoke.
I wholly agree, it's a joke. Unlike you though, I see Cousins as one of the few bright spots in the joke. Body language/attitude issues aside, the guy is a natural competitor who gives maximum effort every time he's on the floor. That's more than I can say for some other guys on the team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We already have one of those top 5 picks to go with Evans and his name is DeMarcus Cousins.

N

nbaFan

he gives effort, but hes not a winner, other players arent going to rally behind him. Someone else had a good post about respect, he doesnt have it and therefor will ultimately keep him with the cancer label. Time will tell, and im sure i will be here to remind you :)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
he gives effort, but hes not a winner, other players arent going to rally behind him. Someone else had a good post about respect, he doesnt have it and therefor will ultimately keep him with the cancer label. Time will tell, and im sure i will be here to remind you :)
It's a little early to start labeling him as a cancer or not. Is he immature? Yes. Is he only 20? Yes. Is he the first rookie to have emotional outbursts? No. Was Chris Webber immature as a rookie? Hell yes. Was Chris Webber a "cancer"? Hell no

I agree that he does need to show more respect in general. I'm not denying that he can be a knuckle-head, I just think that so far the positives outweigh the negatives. I think his problems this year stem mostly from all the losing. If they were having a decent year, like they expected, I doubt there'd be as many issues.

Demarcus is the only positive thing about our team.. benching him? get real people.. I mean I can understand clueless westfail doing so, but why would the fans want this guy benched? do you know our alternatives?

K

Kingsguy881

Idiotic post of the day. You win the thread for being absolutely the dumbest poster I have seen. Congratulations.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We draft a guy who has demonstrated many times over that he is immature. We got him BECAUSE he is immature Then when he acts immature, we fine him. What did you expect? Fining him, announcing it publicly and taking him out of the starting line up for being the guy we drafted. Makes you wonder who has a brain in this organization.

I don't support his behavior but THAT'S WHO WE DRAFTED! Shock and horrors, he's immature. Who'd have known? It's no wonder he doesn't take the game seriously when he is on a team of such incompetence. Maybe it's his way of staying sane. Makes me wonder how the other guys are behaving under the pressure of being on the worst team in basketball.

Until the Maloofs take this game seriously and invest in a real coach, we will be on the bottom of the league.

DMC has obviously had no wise guidance as he grew up. Hitting him over the head with a sledgehammer isn't going to help. He certainly isn't the cause of our problems.