Breaking point? cousins to be benched?

I mean, there has to be some sense of accountability with this team. If this were to happen in any other city the coach would be under extreme heat, and yet westphaul has complete job security hear. He and this team need some serious pressure put on them. They look like theres no urgency behind them.

And i have been real impressed with cousins play lately, but after that choke sign and actually choking the game away himself, he needs to be reprimanded. He needs to be benched/suspended for at least one game and needs to be taught a lesson.

And why is petries job so safe? why isnt he doing something? when u are clearly regressing you have to make a move and hes not doing it. Fire him and get a gm that will be more aggressive. Unexcusable. THis is my first post on here btw, ive been reading a while. But this game tonight pushed me to the breaking point and made me feel the need to share my opinions. We as fans need to stop being so soft and be like boston philly or ny and boo the hell out of this team. The press needs to criticize the team severely. At some point it becomes enough and we have now reached that point. Change is needed.

I mean, there has to be some sense of accountability with this team. If this were to happen in any other city the coach would be under extreme heat, and yet westphaul has complete job security hear. He and this team need some serious pressure put on them. They look like theres no urgency behind them.

And i have been real impressed with cousins play lately, but after that choke sign and actually choking the game away himself, he needs to be reprimanded. He needs to be benched/suspended for at least one game and needs to be taught a lesson.

And why is petries job so safe? why isnt he doing something? when u are clearly regressing you have to make a move and hes not doing it. Fire him and get a gm that will be more aggressive. Unexcusable. THis is my first post on here btw, ive been reading a while. But this game tonight pushed me to the breaking point and made me feel the need to share my opinions. We as fans need to stop being so soft and be like boston philly or ny and boo the hell out of this team. The press needs to criticize the team severely. At some point it becomes enough and we have now reached that point. Change is needed.
No sense benching Cousins unless you're going to bench all the players who choked tonight. What, are you going to bench a dude for making a choke sign? Puh-lease!

Ugh.. yah let's stick in Darnell Jackson or something.. Or Dalembert. Or someone else who isn't going to be here next year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
No sense benching Cousins unless you're going to bench all the players who choked tonight. What, are you going to bench a dude for making a choke sign? Puh-lease!
Really. At some point, you'd run out of room on the bench since everyone had at least one choke moment. (except for Luther Head, who thankfully stayed on the bench where he belonged)

Sometimes I believe in an eye for an eye. Westphall should personally reach up and choke Cousins! No, head coach should order assistant coach Truck Robinson to do it. I mean geezzz there has to be some form or reprimand for this stupid juvenile display - that only incensed insulted Warriors as the Kings were the ones who chocked royally.

Sometimes I believe in an eye for an eye. Westphall should personally reach up and choke Cousins! No, head coach should order assistant coach Truck Robinson to do it. I mean geezzz there has to be some form or reprimand for this stupid juvenile display - that only incensed insulted Warriors as the Kings were the ones who chocked royally.
I hope NBA.com doesn't run video of DeMarcus doing the choke sign. I was shocked to see it. Would not be surprised to see a stiff fine from the NBA office.

I hope NBA.com doesn't run video of DeMarcus doing the choke sign. I was shocked to see it. Would not be surprised to see a stiff fine from the NBA office.
I think the ridicule he's going to suffer around the league after this is far worse than any fine the NBA can throw at him. Hopefully he will take it as a learning experience.

Cousins doing the choke sign was funny--considering he has never made a clutch shot during his pro career (and no summer league doesn't count Demarcus) and continually makes stupid decisions in close games.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That Cousins choke thing he did wasn't really necessary. Karma came back and bit him in his rear end. He did take some god awful shots down the stretch but no need to bench the guy, he will learn. He needs to have downs and in our case, REAL lows to see what it takes inorder to ride on that high.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
That Cousins choke thing he did wasn't really necessary. Karma came back and bit him in his rear end. He did take some god awful shots down the stretch but no need to bench the guy, he will learn. He needs to have downs and in our case, REAL lows to see what it takes inorder to ride on that high.
I'm with you here. I think the kid (emphasis on kid) learned his lesson in the form of a loss, which probably hurts more than a benching would.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm with you here. I think the kid (emphasis on kid) learned his lesson in the form of a loss, which probably hurts more than a benching would.
He will definently have a heavy heavy dose of losing this season and most likely the season that follows so hopefully this makes him realize it's never a given in the NBA and that you need to just shut up and play the game until the buzzer.

It's almost comical how bad of a choke artist Cousins is. Every game (for some strange reason) we give him the ball to either put us ahead or to tie it and he dribbles the ball off his foot, get calls for an offensive foul or just loses the ball out of bounds. I'm not just talking about last nights game. This has happened every single time he has gotten the ball in crunch time this year.

Why aren't we letting guys like Beno, Garcia and Casspi take the final shot? You know the guys on our team who can actually shoot?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm wondering if Westphal is going to continue to go with Cousins in the last six to eight minutes of games. Not because of this one game, but because of the past several games in which he regularly fouls in the last minutes out of his frustration and needlessly put the opposing team on the free throw line. This happens repeatedly. Apparently, the message isn't sinking in. Maybe he needs to look at the last few minutes from the bench for a while before giving him another shot. (And no, I'm not talking about benching him the whole game; just playing Dally for the last 6-8 minutes of the 4th quarter, not Cousins).

The choke sign is a perfect metaphor for Cousins right now. He needs a BIG dose of respect - respect for the other team, respect for his coaches, respect for his teamates. Ultimately, without that he's not going to have respect from others, and more importantly, himself.

Last edited:
K

Kingsguy881

O. M. G. This is truly getting ridiculous. Bench/suspend Cousins? Truly the internet gives every idiot a voice. This website is getting ridiculous.

K

Kingsguy881

It started last year putting Evans on a pedistal !
That's 'pedestal' and while that might be your opinion, the truth of the matter is the future of this franchise rests on his and Cousins wide shoulders. To bench Cousins and not let him learn from his mistakes NOW or to treat Evans as anything other than the ROY with a bright future ahead of him is plain stupid and exactly how to lose these young men.

No, Evans is not infallible. He is a young man who has never played with anyone near his level of skill or talent and yes he needs to learn to make his teammates better. He needs to play and make mistakes and learn from them otherwise he will never reach his full potential. To say that it was stupid of fans to put Evans on a pedestal is akin to saying it was stupid of Cleveland fans to put LBJ on a pedestal, for Miami fans to put Wade on a pedestal, for Laker fans to put Kobe on a pedestal, for Maverick fans to put Dirk on a pedestal.....you get my drift. Those are franchise turning players and as long as he is healthy so is Tyreke and you don't ignore the best player your team has ever drafted. THAT is stupidity. Section 101.

That's 'pedestal' and while that might be your opinion, the truth of the matter is the future of this franchise rests on his and Cousins wide shoulders. To bench Cousins and not let him learn from his mistakes NOW or to treat Evans as anything other than the ROY with a bright future ahead of him is plain stupid and exactly how to lose these young men.

No, Evans is not infallible. He is a young man who has never played with anyone near his level of skill or talent and yes he needs to learn to make his teammates better. He needs to play and make mistakes and learn from them otherwise he will never reach his full potential. To say that it was stupid of fans to put Evans on a pedestal is akin to saying it was stupid of Cleveland fans to put LBJ on a pedestal, for Miami fans to put Wade on a pedestal, for Laker fans to put Kobe on a pedestal, for Maverick fans to put Dirk on a pedestal.....you get my drift. Those are franchise turning players and as long as he is healthy so is Tyreke and you don't ignore the best player your team has ever drafted. THAT is stupidity. Section 101.
Except for LBJ, none of them were on the pedestal until after they accomplished something.It took dirk 4 years, kobe about the same. Wade got it after leading his team to the playoffs his rookie year.

And I never said to bench Cuz or Evans.

In fact I agree they need to work through it, but they need to be in the right positions to do it. Last years one on one vs Kobe and LBJ are prime examples of what not to do.

On another note, Cuz just flew up Thorpe's rookie rankings on ESPN. He's number 3 and now in the rookie of the year talk acording to Thorpe.

Maybe bench him for attitude reasons but bench Tyreke for basketball reasons. Whatever good he did in the game besides miss 90% of his shots, his basketball behaviour in the last several minutes defies understanding. He does need to get some action to try and change him. It is certainly not his foot.

K

Kingsguy881

Except for LBJ, none of them were on the pedestal until after they accomplished something.It took dirk 4 years, kobe about the same. Wade got it after leading his team to the playoffs his rookie year.

And I never said to bench Cuz or Evans.

In fact I agree they need to work through it, but they need to be in the right positions to do it. Last years one on one vs Kobe and LBJ are prime examples of what not to do.

On another note, Cuz just flew up Thorpe's rookie rankings on ESPN. He's number 3 and now in the rookie of the year talk acording to Thorpe.
Interesting. He can't win it though. He might get to #2 based on how well he shows the rest of the season and how Wall's injuries heal but Blake Griffin is light years ahead of the pack.

Tyreke has some sort of mental issue right now. Don't know what his issue is but he ain't right in the head and he needs to get it together.

On a brighter note, Westballs finally figured out that he needs to stop calling iso plays for Landry and just let him clean up the offensive glass. You can say this for Landry, he might be a pee poor defensive rebounder but dude is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
So your telling me that I'm finally going to go to a game at ARCO, and my daughter is going to finally see Cousins play, and he's not going to play? Because of the choke sign? Where have some of you clowns been. There have been players in the NBA doing the choke sign for as long as I can remember. Barkley used to harrass Micheal Smith everytime he stepped to the line. If it was such a big deal why didn't the official do something last night. He was standing right there. Pull the kid aside and tell him its not cool. Every damm thing doesn't have to be blown out of proportion. I'd hardly blame the loss last night on Cousins. There were plenty of contributions made by a lot of players. This is a bunch of BS!!

How is this worse than the "BALL DOESN'T LIE" shout.

thats just disrespecting the refs.. and yet you hear it all the time.

is this really the way it's gonna go down.

he'll ask for a trade.

So your telling me that I'm finally going to go to a game at ARCO, and my daughter is going to finally see Cousins play, and he's not going to play? Because of the choke sign? Where have some of you clowns been. There have been players in the NBA doing the choke sign for as long as I can remember. Barkley used to harrass Micheal Smith everytime he stepped to the line. If it was such a big deal why didn't the official do something last night. He was standing right there. Pull the kid aside and tell him its not cool. Every damm thing doesn't have to be blown out of proportion. I'd hardly blame the loss last night on Cousins. There were plenty of contributions made by a lot of players. This is a bunch of BS!!
Yeah this is just absird. he more I think about it, the more it angers me. I'm about to jump on the fire Westphal bandwagon.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I can only assume he'll play, just lose his starting spot for a ngiht much as if he missed shootaround or some such.

26 games down, and still another 56 ahead of us.

I see even more drama ahead.

This is going to be a very looooooong season. Perhaps, the longest ever.

N

nbaFan

I think the ridicule he's going to suffer around the league after this is far worse than any fine the NBA can throw at him. Hopefully he will take it as a learning experience.
God how long are you going to make excuses for him, how long. Please tell me ... i wanna know. give me something...anything....

cancer.. remember? that was the word I kept using over and over. Cancer, when do you see him being a cancer,what does he have to do...i ask politely