What WE Can Do - The Official Brainstorming Thread

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I really do NOT think it is a good idea make this a private thread. The very idea is to get as many fans involved as possible. Worrying about what the folks in Seattle are doing is really not productive. Once I get the first bells out I think it would be a good idea to start a separate thread for "operation cowbell" Try to keep track of how many went out and to who. FYI I am not sure about sending them to individual members of the BOG as he whole point is to amass a huge number in one place. But if people want to send 2 bells out one to Stern and one to the owner of another team that is not a bad idea.
I agree that it shouldn't be kept secret because it cuts out the Kings fans.

I have always thought that each member of the BOG should be approached individually. These are the 30 that vote. A pile of bells on Stern's desk doesn't show much of anything as I am sure he already knows how nuts we are and he doesn't vote.

Ryan

I like turtles
But if people want to send 2 bells out one to Stern and one to the owner of another team that is not a bad idea.
I'd prefer that idea. I usually customize pitch decks when I send them out to potential clients for product placement. I've found people have a very tough time throwing something away when it's custom made.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'd prefer that idea. I usually customize pitch decks when I send them out to potential clients for product placement. I've found people have a very tough time throwing something away when it's custom made.
Truth. I have been pushing for individual notes to each member of BOG for almost 2 years. First of all we'd need to find the address for each BOG. I'm ready to go. :) I've got some ideas and as Ahnold said, I'll be back! Not promising good ideas, BTW.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think Seattle can steal our ideas. AFter all, cowbells don't mean anything to anyone but us. What are the Sonics gonna send out? Mini space needles or model SSTs? :p

Hey Fellow Kings Fans! I'm new here. Been lurking for years, but had to finally join in the discussion after all this madness. I no longer live in Sacto but I think it really sucks that you're going through all this. Feeling hopeless, I sent a simple email to the NBA at this email NBA_Letters/NY/NBA@NBA.COM asking the NBA to step up and not let the Maloofs sell the team away from that most amazing fan base.

And got the following response (at least "Chase" replied)

Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your comments about the Sacramento Kings. Our fans are extremely important to us and we value what you have to say. Please know that we truly appreciate the passion you demonstrate for the NBA and the Kings.
We have no additional information to share at this time, as no purchase and sale agreement has been submitted to the league, nor has an application for relocation been filed.
Thank you again for writing us and for your support of the NBA.

Sincerely,

Chase
NBA Fan Relations

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Welcome. Chase seems to have a cut and paste document to follow but at least it shows that Chase is up to date info and seems to understand the passionate fan base.

Ryan

I like turtles
Somebody please comment on this after the game. I think it's cool. If we can't get 30 which seems to be the case, there are purple cowbells for sale elsewhere. What I like about this is that it looks like the flash drive slides into the credit card size holder.
That is one sexy drive. I like it. Now we just need to figure out what to put on the drive...

Somebody please comment on this after the game. I think it's cool. If we can't get 30 which seems to be the case, there are purple cowbells for sale elsewhere. What I like about this is that it looks like the flash drive slides into the credit card size holder.
I like it, but after adding in shipping its almost $30 bucks per flash drive.

Ryan

I like turtles
Does anyone here have ties to the Sacramento Bee? I'm working on a video and I need scans of certain articles dating back to 1999. PM me if you know someone who works at the Bee please.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Does the Chick-fil-a cow moonlight? ;)

There are cowbells at Amazon.com for $5-10 each. The ones that are purple seem pretty cheaply made. But these are just for effect, so we may not need expensive ones. Then just put the Kings logo on it?

http://www.amazon.com/Cowbells-purp...=UTF8&qid=1359151590&sr=8-10&keywords=cowbell

CleanFunPromo.com apparently made some for a promotion (not sure how much they would cost, but I have emailed them to ask):

http://www.cleanfunpromo.com/sacramento-kings-cowbell/

So, a couple places to start....
I got a reply back - they made those directly for the Kings and apparently can't make them for others.

Ryan

I like turtles
We could also get the box's custom made so the outside can have cow print with the kings logo. "got Kings?"

Last edited: