Tyrese Watch 2023-2024

Remarkable the explosive scorer Tyrese has been so far this season….or just is. These games are coming quite often now. I knew he would be a 20+ a game guy but he’s gotta be averaging damn near 30 right now with the high assists total. Dude is killin it.

The roster on the other hand is weak overall but not without trade value scattered throughout. Buddy is probably fairly tradeable right now being an expiring and productive scorer. Also some young guys like Jarace Walker isn’t ready to help teams win yet but has value.

They have a long way to go to ever being a passable defensive team though. Tyrese is bad there. I remember thinking he would be good coming out of college but i think it’s just because I don’t watch college basketball and he looked like he would be a great defender by the look of him and I thought I remember the scouting saying he was a good defender….so Indiana will need to give him more back up there.

How much do you reckon Oklahoma City regretted trading James Harden?
I think fox is great but I’ve always thought haliburton is gonna be a super star. I’m sticking to we traded the wrong guy. He’s already the leader of the number 1 offensive team in the league. Number one in 5 categories. And he just had a triple double against the Celtics. With 0 turnovers. He has been a ton of fun watching him grow in Indy. I understand that this is a very aggravating subject for a lot of kings fans. No need to fret! The kings will be good too!

Did we just officially lose the trade again?
It's been a feel-good clock that expires when Ty hits MVP level. I've said that enough times before and it hasn't changed now. While taking nothing away from the incredible job this FO has done, in theory they can pull a rabbit from the hat but it's a losing proposition when you give up the generational talent no matter how much work you do on the back end

I think fox is great but I’ve always thought haliburton is gonna be a super star. I’m sticking to we traded the wrong guy. He’s already the leader of the number 1 offensive team in the league. Number one in 5 categories. And he just had a triple double against the Celtics. With 0 turnovers. He has been a ton of fun watching him grow in Indy. I understand that this is a very aggravating subject for a lot of kings fans. No need to fret! The kings will be good too!
I always had the impression that McNair was trying to trade Fox, but Indiana wanted Haliburton.

It's been a feel-good clock that expires when Ty hits MVP level. I've said that enough times before and it hasn't changed now. While taking nothing away from the incredible job this FO has done, in theory they can pull a rabbit from the hat but it's a losing proposition when you give up the generational talent no matter how much work you do on the back end
Fox has been the western conference player of the week twice now (all while missing 2 more weeks due to injury) and is already considered a fringe mvp candidate. Clutch player of the year last year. Playing plus defense this season. We don’t get this version of Fox without that trade AND we got a now 3 time all star center on top of it. The reality is neither Fox nor Haliburton is likely to win an MVP with prime Joker, Giannis and Tatum in the way for several years and the generational guy down south getting experience. This version of Fox and this version of Sabonis > Haliburton.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wonder who was the leader of the number 1 offensive team in the league last year? Too bad that guy's already peaked, huh? It's not like he's in the early season discussion for MVP, or anything?

The thing is, they don't even wait for Fox to have a bad game, anymore.
Ive never strayed from my thinking. Again, even thought Fox is a helluva player, halliburton will be a superstar. I already see that superstar player emerging. Again, no need for kings fans to be so sour. Fox is a really good player too! I am merely talking as a fan of the game who catches tons of games other than kings games, my opinion is indiana won this trade the day it went down. Its just gonna become more and more clear to kings fans as the years go by.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Unless you're wrong, and they're both superstars. I mean, since the trade, De'Aaron Fox has been the leader of the top scoring offense in the league, made the All-NBA team, led his team to the playoffs in the tougher conference, won the inaugural Clutch award, and is currently Top 5 in the league in scoring. In the same span of time, Tyrese Haliburton has done one of those things. I don't know why you've convinced yourself that one of them is still ascending, and the other has stalled out? And, if you don't think that, then I don't know why you think that only one of them is going to be a superstar?

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ive never strayed from my thinking. Again, even thought Fox is a helluva player, halliburton will be a superstar. I already see that superstar player emerging. Again, no need for kings fans to be so sour. Fox is a really good player too! I am merely talking as a fan of the game who catches tons of games other than kings games, my opinion is indiana won this trade the day it went down. It’s just gonna become more and more clear to kings fans as the years go by.
lol…….you are delusional. Explain the difference in defense between Haliburton and Fox. Let’s see you or the Haliburton Stan’s spin this.