[Game] Trailblazers @ Kings - 12/23/12

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This team is seriously making me think of the '99-00 Magic.

I mean, we don't have a chance against anybody good, but they can definitely continue to build chemistry against bad and borderline teams. Shame we only have one more game against Portland, though.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
This might be our most well-played offensive game all year. Everyone is sharing the ball, there's off-ball movement, there's very little 1on1 iso crap, and everyone is giving 100% hustle and effort.
We had another game like this recently. I don't know what turns the switch on and off.

L

LWP777

I told you guys they would play harder after the DMC suspension! They played hard in the 2nd half against the Clippers and have played hard tonight. The respect level went way up for Coach Smart.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
29 assists-12 turnovers. Favorite statline of the year
That's the one. Now, they have this capability so why not do it. Maybe team chemistry has been disrupted in the past which frankly is too bad. We'll see if they can maintain this level for a few weeks. That boost of togetherness occurs frequently after a negative event.

So is Cuz just poison in the locker room? Did he even show up to the game?

This game looks great though--wish i had seen the first three quarters :O
Rather than calling him poison in the locker room, I would say that Cuz (obviously) has some unresolved issues that Coach Smart has finally done something about. An emotional drain on the team was removed, plus there's the motivation for all the players to show that the team is more than Evans and Cuz, and the way to do that is to play smart basketball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This team is seriously making me think of the '99-00 Magic.

I mean, we don't have a chance against anybody good, but they can definitely continue to build chemistry against bad and borderline teams. Shame we only have one more game against Portland, though.
I didn't realize it was our next game. Is it too late to write in Travis Outlaw for the all-star game?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
wow, was't expending this result with our two best players out. Maybe Cousins is that bad of a teammate...who knows.
you never know how we are going to respond of course but Portland is 4-9 on the road, their recent 5 game winning streak was all at home, and the last team they lost to was, you guessed it, us. So its not entirely surprising. Everybody suddenly deciding to pass was however.

Bye bye Cousins and Evans. We don't need you here. Cousins take your attitude with you and go be a seven-foot-tall toddler somewhere else. Evans take your knee "injury" and magically get healed somewhere else. This was TEAM basketball tonight and it was fun to watch. TEAM basketball with CHARACTER guys who play PROFESSIONAL basketball.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Bye bye Cousins and Evans. We don't need you here. Cousins take your attitude with you and go be a seven-foot-tall toddler somewhere else. Evans take your knee "injury" and magically get healed somewhere else. This was TEAM basketball tonight and it was fun to watch. TEAM basketball with CHARACTER guys who play PROFESSIONAL basketball.
  1. Are you accusing Evans of deliberately holding himself out?
  2. Let's wait to see how this "team basketball" looks against a team that can actually play.

K

KingMilz

lol yeah and the first 3 games without Cousins two 20 point blow outs and easily being beaten by the Bucks show we are far better without him right, imagine if Thornton, Outlaw and all these other guys who played this hard and well did it with Cousins, hes not stopping them from trying hard or playing well.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Wow.

2. Let's wait to see how this "team basketball" looks against a team that can actually play.
Blazers aren't some scrub team though. They're right in the thick of things for the last few playoff spots and coming off a 5-game winning streak. We need to see more, but a convincing win over a potential playoff team shouldn't be taken lightly

Honestly? Yeah I am accusing Evans of exaggerating his injury to force a trade. He doesn't want to be here and it's apparent. It's Kevin Martin all over again.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Blazers aren't some scrub team though. They're right in the thick of things for the last few playoff spots and coming off a 5-game winning streak. We need to see more, but a convincing win over a potential playoff team shouldn't be taken lightly

That's a bit like saying if we won 4 more game sin a row, all at home, that suddenly we wouldn't be scrubby.