Tired of Cousins attitude and want a trade (split)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Say we draft a big man early on what would you think about getting Brandon Triche (since all the other top PGs will be taken) from Syarcuse with a late 1st round/2nd round pick to play PG for us (hopefully we trade Brooks). Hes a massive PG, can do everything, a team player and his jumpshot is good enough. I'd say he would be better than Thomas for us and has shown he can ethier be a star or a role player in college.
This thread is becoming very large and unwieldy and way off topic. I'd like to suggest that future trade questions, etc. be put into a different thread.

EDIT: I went back and split the newer discussion from the older thread. It's easier for the server to handle. Carry on. :)

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see at least an entire season worth of Reke and Cousins under a legitimate coach before pulling the trigger on any trades.

Hopefully whoever ends up owning the Kings feels the same way.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
You see, somehow "Tyreke Evans" reads like a curse in your last sentence. And when has Rondo become so great? Chris Paul lead David West+scrubs into playoffs, to argue against him as some sort of standard is just stupid, Rondo lead aged HOFers to a nice lottery pick this year until...he took himself out for the season and today Celtics likely get 6th win in a row without him.
You're completely ignoring the fact that Rondo has a championship ring as a starting PG and Chris Paul does not. Now you could argue that if their roles were reversed than CP would have a ring and Rondo would not but we don't know how far Rondo would have gotten with Paul's New Orleans team either. The fact is, he's a championship winning PG. That's not nothing.

You're completely ignoring the fact that Rondo has a championship ring as a starting PG and Chris Paul does not. Now you could argue that if their roles were reversed than CP would have a ring and Rondo would not but we don't know how far Rondo would have gotten with Paul's New Orleans team either. The fact is, he's a championship winning PG. That's not nothing.
So was Jason Williams in 06... Beno's a championship winning PG too. Winning a championship does not automatically make you a great player. In Rondo's case though, he's very good.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
So are JWill and Derek Fisher, while Stockton and Nash don't have one. Supporting cast and your system/coach make a huge difference. The ring argument is overblown most of the time. Matt Bonner and Robert Horry have multiple while Malone and Barkley didn't get one.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
So are JWill and Derek Fisher, while Stockton and Nash don't have one. Supporting cast and your system/coach make a huge difference. The ring argument is overblown most of the time. Matt Bonner and Robert Horry have multiple while Malone and Barkley didn't get one.
So now we're ignoring the fact that Rondo damn near averaged a triple double in the playoffs as well? This is not some coattail riding bench player, he was the best player for an entire playoff run on a team that featured three hall of famers. JWill and Fisher? Beno? Come on guys, now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Rondo may not be the best PG in the league but he's easily top 5. That's pretty good. Comparing him to the best PG of his generation and then questioning his credentials is a little out of line don't you think?

The argument about whether a Rondo-style PG is a good fit with Tyreke is a good one I think, but whether Rondo is capable of leading a winning team? Come on. What more does he have to prove? How many championships have KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen won without him? Are any of these guys considered hall of famers anyway without that one championship? Surely you can see how this is a circular argument.

So now we're ignoring the fact that Rondo damn near averaged a triple double in the playoffs as well? This is not some coattail riding bench player, he was the best player for an entire playoff run on a team that featured three hall of famers. JWill and Fisher? Beno? Come on guys, now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Rondo may not be the best PG in the league but he's easily top 5. That's pretty good. Comparing him to the best PG of his generation and then questioning his credentials is a little out of line don't you think?

The argument about whether a Rondo-style PG is a good fit with Tyreke is a good one I think, but whether Rondo is capable of leading a winning team? Come on. What more does he have to prove? How many championships have KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen won without him? Are any of these guys considered hall of famers anyway without that one championship? Surely you can see how this is a circular argument.
I think we're just picking on your point that being a championship winning PG holds significant value on its own. Rondo is good because Rondo is good, not because he's won a championship. You would have been better served to bring up his stats or somehow show that he was critical to the Celtics' championship as opposed to focusing on the fact that he won a championship.

L

LWP777

I think we're just picking on your point that being a championship winning PG holds significant value on its own. Rondo is good because Rondo is good, not because he's won a championship. You would have been better served to bring up his stats or somehow show that he was critical to the Celtics' championship as opposed to focusing on the fact that he won a championship.
If you watched that series you wouldn't need him to pull up any stats because you would remember he was the best player on the floor and they had no chance of winning that championship without him. He knows how to win and he makes his team better. That's the thing about stats that drives me nuts with posters like Bricklayer with respect to our Kings. He'll throw up stuff that makes Cuz and Tyreke look like future Hall of Famers but he fails to realize that these guys are not winners yet. There are a ton of actions a player does on the court that contribute greatly to the success of a team that don't show up in the box score. Neither Cuz nor Tyreke have figured those things out yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to drive you crazy some more go watch Durant's first couple of years...what a useless chucker.

If you watched that series you wouldn't need him to pull up any stats because you would remember he was the best player on the floor and they had no chance of winning that championship without him. He knows how to win and he makes his team better. That's the thing about stats that drives me nuts with posters like Bricklayer with respect to our Kings. He'll throw up stuff that makes Cuz and Tyreke look like future Hall of Famers but he fails to realize that these guys are not winners yet. There are a ton of actions a player does on the court that contribute greatly to the success of a team that don't show up in the box score. Neither Cuz nor Tyreke have figured those things out yet...
See, you get it too. You can ask IT or Thornton or JT to figure things out as many times as you want, you and they still won't get anywhere. You have to take a chance on a talent that can figure it out to become a force...as many times as it takes, since Sacramento already got their Christmas present in 1998 and it's rare to get those for a small market. And it takes a lot of patience to wait for a player when he's dumped into toxic environment.

Cuz has a gloopy whiney body language on the court and at times last night it seemed like he was the only unhappy guy out there. But then I see this wave footage (which by the way was one of the best waves I've been in - any sport any stadium - and I honestly don't know what to make of the guy. I hope he can straighten it all out because if so - he is truly the beast. But boy he can sure be a buzz kill with his body language on the court sometimes.

He just hates losing, i suspect 90% of cuz's perceived problems would be absent on a winning team.
Totally. I also think that the addition of a vet or two--and I mean a starting lineup vet or two--would really calm him down. We have discussed the potential for a deal for someone like an Odom or Korver tirelessly in these parts, but honestly I think that and a true, starting-caliber (no offense IT, you're awesome but a backup) playmaking PG is all it might take.

Would people on this forum trade JT, JJ and Jimmer for Odom and Bledsoe? At first it makes one wince, but on the other hand, it gives us a true PG, a big expiring, and solves many a logjam here for now. Our starting 5 the rest of the year would be: Cousins/Odom or ThRob/Salmons/Bledsoe/Evans, and while we lose some depth, whenever you can add two starters for one while preserving your core you have to think about it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Cuz has a gloopy whiney body language on the court and at times last night it seemed like he was the only unhappy guy out there. But then I see this wave footage (which by the way was one of the best waves I've been in - any sport any stadium - and I honestly don't know what to make of the guy. I hope he can straighten it all out because if so - he is truly the beast. But boy he can sure be a buzz kill with his body language on the court sometimes.

The real question here is, Just who is John Galt?

Well! Little Miss smarty pants! :D Read the book years ago, and just finished watching the second movie part 2.
I have not seen part 2 yet. Really thought part 1 was pretty darn good. Read the book as a teenager and it blew my head off completely - really influenced how I think even to this day.

"Contradictions don't exist. If you think you see a contradiction, examine your premises. You'll find one of them is wrong." Hugh Akston

A lot kids can learn about accountability by reading that book.

Wonder if I can find part 2 as an amazon download or something..

L

LWP777

I have not seen part 2 yet. Really thought part 1 was pretty darn good. Read the book as a teenager and it blew my head off completely - really influenced how I think even to this day.

"Contradictions don't exist. If you think you see a contradiction, examine your premises. You'll find one of them is wrong." Hugh Akston

A lot kids can learn about accountability by reading that book.

Wonder if I can find part 2 as an amazon download or something..
Ahhhhh...accountability. I've been trying to preach that DMC should be held accountable for his actions but nobody here wants to hear it!

Can we give the same criticism to the players who arent even participating in the wave? The whole thing seems like its been blown out of proportion, yet again.