The window has officially closed...

SacTownKid said:
You can blame the performance thusfar on the trades, but only in a sense of team chemistry issues. These guys don't know what the heck they are doing half the time! You have to remember that Vlade, Doug, and Webb are all at the end of their careers and are injured. They are NOT the same players these announcers are talking about.
We are about to get run... 1st round... this sucks... offseason better be big... can you imagine not even making the playoffs cuz of the Warriors? Are we in bizzaro world?

D

Double E

Rockmeister said:
You really think the Kings who are 0-2, can STILL win this series? Its just a question. If you answer yes, please tell me why.
Yes b/c Radmanovic wears braids and Fortsn has pigtails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockmeister said:
You really think the Kings who are 0-2, can STILL win this series? Its just a question. If you answer yes, please tell me why.
I beleive we can. We can play better and will play better in ARCO. Just because of team wins the first 2 games does not mean the series is over. This is a best of seven not best of three. The Sonics held home court and if we can it will go down to the seven game and any team can win.

Rockmeister said:
Yes. The Kings have shown thusfar in the series that the only time they play well is when their backs are against the wall. When they are down 0-3 maybe they will play like they have at the end of the games.

PixelPusher said:
I know he doesn't even bother to watch when the Kings play, but has he seen Webber play this year? Barkley isn't just ignorant, he lazy!
Yeah... he watched him avg 28 pts. 14 rebs and 8 assists over a 12 game stretch, he watched him win POM, he watched him end with 3 triple doubles in 4 games, He watched him hit 3 game winners, now he's watching... this... What should he say?

Last edited:
I don't understand why everybody so bothered by Barkley. I was annoyed at first but after a while I know I don't have to take this guy too seriously. Why Kings fans always have to think 'the world is against us'?

But I must say I can't stand Doug Collins. No frigging way.

Rockmeister said:
The Kings can STILL win, but they may not. The Sonics have looked very good at times, but they have looked very bad at the end of both games. The Kings just need to figure out how to handle James and get a few more breaks and they should be able to take the two games at Arco. Whether they can they go back to Seattle and take a game is questionable.

SacTownKid said:
Yes. The Kings have shown thusfar in the series that the only time they play well is when their backs are against the wall. When they are down 0-3 maybe they will play like they have at the end of the games.
Ok, I disagree. The Kings aren't the same team. They have different players. Sorry, but letting the game go 0-2 is more than just having their backs against the wall. They have had NO answer to Mr all-star Jerome James. (well, that's what the Kings are making him out to be). I don't see them coming back to win this series. They've been too inconsistent and they start the game off slowly and have to play catch up the whole game. They've also shot a measly 38% and 42% in both games. Sorry, those percentages aren't going to win too many games.

Look I thought the Kings were tougher inside, better rebounders, not going to get killed inside because Chris was gone(he was the problem)... It's just not true guys... It's right in front of your face.. we are getting schooled!

Barkley hates the Kings and that's been obvious for a while. But I actually hoped the TNT analysts ripped the Kings further. But they didn't spend too much time on them like they don't matter. That's a sign that the Kings are in bad shape. Before there was Webber to blame for everything. Now it's obvious that the problems weren't all because of Webber. Defensively the whole team is weak and so is their rebounding. I hope the Kings surprise everyone and take the series, but I look forward to them making some moves in the summer. Clearly changes need to be made if expectations are to get to the playoffs and actually win a series.

Its not a window issue anymore. This is a new team. Its reopening if anything. No team with Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, and Peja Stojakovic is an expansion caliber team. We knew coming into the post season that we didn't have the heigth or interior defense needed to make a deep run. What's happening right now was really pretty predictable, especially with Brad limited coming off an injury. If you assume Brad isn't 100% our frontline consists of Kenny Thomas who is one of the smallest 4's in the league, and Brian Skinner who would be pretty much the smallest starting 5 in the league.
Rick may have his games where he isn't all the way there and frustrates the crap out of me, but the fact that he got this team into the playoffs with the injuries and midseason changes has me thouroughly convinced he should be the coach of the year. Assuming we are healthy the last month of the season this is a different team. A championchip team? Probly not, but certainly much tougher than they look right now.
Im pretty annoyed by this massive doom and gloom stuff over one playoff series especially after suffering through around 15 years of teams that weren't even sniffing the tenth seed let alone the playoffs. Its still a pretty special team to watch, and they're participating in playoff basketball which is something that doesnt happen that often.

A

AriesMar27

so now we are all in agreement that unless we get some major trades going on, the webber and christie trades were a waste of our time.....

mobley, thomas and corliss betternot be on this team next year.... im sorry.... myabe even skinner too if we can get someone really good for all of them....

we left martin and daniels off the playoff roster for this? horrible... that artest/boozer trade is looking better everyday.... though boozer is technically undersized, he still gets the job done.... and anything is better than mobley, he dribbles too damn much and never looks to pass.... even bobby passes the ball more than him.... so does house....

Very good post Ovrush. I agree with everything except Adelman being coach of the year. He has done a good job considering the circumstances, but a few other coaches are more deserving this year.

KP said:
Yeah... he watched him avg 28 pts. 14 rebs and 8 assists over a 12 game stretch, he watched him win POM, he watched him end with 3 triple doubles in 4 games, He watched him hit 3 game winners, now he's watching... this... What should he say?
...he watched him stuff the stat sheet in an offensive system that suited his skills, but the stats you mentioned don't say anything about the volume of shots he had to take to get his points, his total inability to play defense...and why aren't the sixers blazing a trail to the Finals right about now?

PixelPusher said:
...he watched him stuff the stat sheet in an offensive system that suited his skills, but the stats you mentioned don't say anything about the volume of shots he had to take to get his points, his total inability to play defense...and why aren't the sixers blazing a trail to the Finals right about now?
think you answered your own question

Rockmeister said:
Ok, I disagree. The Kings aren't the same team. They have different players. Sorry, but letting the game go 0-2 is more than just having their backs against the wall. They have had NO answer to Mr all-star Jerome James. (well, that's what the Kings are making him out to be). I don't see them coming back to win this series. They've been too inconsistent and they start the game off slowly and have to play catch up the whole game. They've also shot a measly 38% and 42% in both games. Sorry, those percentages aren't going to win too many games.
I was refering to the late game comebacks in the first two games of this series.

If there was truly a "window", it closed on "that" team when Webber went down. That was supposed to be "the year". The moves that were made had to be made and I TRUST IN PETRIE!!!!

i seriously dont think the window is closed on us... its just the first 2 road games. they were MUST WIN games for Sonics. The first team to steal a road game will most likely have the chance of advancing. Now if we won tonight it would have gave us nothing to worry about comming home. But now the 2 games at arco are without a doubt MUST WIN games. I dont see the door closed.. say the door is closed if we lose a game at home. Then i would agree with you.

Looking back at what bibby said about getting hit in the head with balls when he first got here. I think that could be the reason our offense hasn't looked as good. adelman can't call some plays b/c of all the new people we have that still aren't accustomed to that kind of passing; but seattle has beaten us bad in a few meetings during the in the regular season(which is why i would have rathered play dallas from the jump) even with webber and doug. i'm not sure how much of an impact they would have had on the outcome of this series.

PixelPusher said:
His Fg% was better than some, and we were winning. Could we use a guy who could hit a big shot lately? Chris hit more than a few this year. Our defense looks just about as bad as it did...and the sixers are playing the world champs, and we are playing...seattle. The Kings helped Chris, no doubt... but Chris helped the Kings. If we get run bad by Seattle here, there is little reason to be happy. It will have to be a sweet offseason. Just don't try to say this team is better than they were before, the truth is being told.

Last edited:
Uh, this series is over. Game 1 could maybe be chalked up as a fluke. . .Bibby had the most atrocious game of his life, and they clawed back in it. But this game was just abysmal. They don't even care. That late charge meant jack. The Sonics let up a little, but had no problem sealing the victory with a couple minutes left. This current Kings team is a joke that has no fire and no passion for the game, just really difficult to watch. The only guy that I can guarantee will be back is Bibby because of past heroics and large contract. I still say this team is headed into a 2 year reloading period a la the Suns. I don't care if they don't make the playoffs next year so long as this roster is devoid of most of these jokers. And by the way, the Mavs are headed down the same path, so it's no big deal.

We were never a genuine contender this season. Webber or no Webber. We could have gone further into the play offs with a fit and firing Webber but we were never a genuine chance of going all the way. Thats just being realistic.

I think we can still beat the sonics but we won't be making too much noise this year :(

Some of you do have a good point. We all know the window to win a championship is over. So we are on the way to rebuilding and most likely wont make the playoffs next year at this rate. We may lose Peja, Cuttino... who knows what will happen. But... If we can keep Peja and Mobley and have Bibby, Miller, Jackson here... we arent far off from being back in the thick of things. We have a great bunch of players but we need that superstar to put them around. Webber was our superstar. Its time we find a new one and it may take us a few years. Im not worried... even if we are out of the playoffs for a few years because I know Geoff is a lot smarter than whoevers running the show in Oakland or NY.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Bibby_Is_Clutch said:
Some of you do have a good point. We all know the window to win a championship is over. So we are on the way to rebuilding and most likely wont make the playoffs next year at this rate. We may lose Peja, Cuttino... who knows what will happen. But... If we can keep Peja and Mobley and have Bibby, Miller, Jackson here... we arent far off from being back in the thick of things. We have a great bunch of players but we need that superstar to put them around. Webber was our superstar. Its time we find a new one and it may take us a few years. Im not worried... even if we are out of the playoffs for a few years because I know Geoff is a lot smarter than whoevers running the show in Oakland or NY.
Doubt it will be that drastic or that grim. I do worry that without coming up with another superstar type player that we never will get that elusive ring, but I have a feeling that unless we decide to entirely blow it up and rebuild from the ground up with youth, that we are going to try to rebuild on the fly here this summer and put together another contender as early as next year, superstar or no superstar. May or may not work. But I suspect that's what all of these midlevel contracts and midlevel players are about. Combine 'em, trade 'em, mix n' match. My bigger question would just be how dramatic is Geoff willing to go. Is he willing to go Richmond trade dramatic? Or is he planning to hang onto the core and make smaller deals around the edges?