The "Lets keep Boogie" thread

I agree that Ariza fits what we need with that core, but why do we think Daryl Morey--who took the notion of "3s or shots at the rim only" to the extreme--is interested in mr. midrange Rudy Gay?

I think the Bulls might be a more likely bet. Not sure what the right deal is, but they appeared to be interested in the past.
Gay/Ben for Ariza/1st/Deckker
Than draft Jaleyn Brown to be the future SF.

I would hate to see Boogie not get to open the new arena. He has earned it.
As far as teams with a lot of draft picks, next year is the year to have them. This year is going to be very bad.
Boogie gets emotional on the court and off with management. He has a deep desire to win Never arrested for drugs, fighting etc.
How dysfunctional has ownership and management been with the Kings since a 19 yr old Boogie arrived ?
Boogie is active in the community, a great.not good citizen. He is always involved with charities, animal shelters, food banks, for kids, Boogie just don't turn away a chance to help and lend his name and $$.
I think he would match any NBA player in doing those things.
If the Kings don't want Boogie, they will lose a very rare talent and a better citizen of the community. I will always be a fan.

My original thought was that Rudy goes to Atlanta, Jeff Teague goes to Houston and Sefalosha and Ariza go to the Kings.

The Hawks are apparently looking to move one of their PGs and Teague would give a better return. He'd also be a good fit in Houston as (unlike Ty Lawson) he can play well off the ball. Also, even though their career numbers for 3pt% are similar Teague has been improving from outside while Lawson has been declining.

The question is whether Gay is an attractive piece for Atlanta. And if so maybe the Kings can include McLemore and get the Hawks 21st pick in the draft.

That deal would also open up a bit of caproom ($1.5 M or so) for the Kings.

At that point I'd try for a sign-and-trade with New Orleans for Ryan Anderson. The Kings don't have the caproom to sign both Anderson and Rondo but if they go after Anderson in free agency and the Pelicans are sure he's not returning maybe they are willing to take a package of say Koufos and Belinelli. Then there's enough money left to resign Rondo as well.

Retain Acy (my understanding is that he has a non-guaranteed deal some sources say it's a player option), re-sign Curry, accept the fact that Anderson likely opts in to his deal and then things look like this.

Rondo/Collison/Curry
Sefalosha/???/
Ariza/Casspi/Anderson(?)
Cauley-Stein/Anderson/Acy
Cousins/???/???

Between dealing Collison and the two first round picks you'd be able to plug three of those five holes, most importantly backup SG, backup C and third string PG. Then the last two roster spots get filled by minimum contract guys. Maybe the Kings get lucky in the lottery finally and end up with a 2-4 pick in the draft so they can nab Ingram or Hield. The 21st pick could be any of the centers expected to go in that range (Zubic, Stone, Zizic, Jones, Zimmerman, Maker)

and now the team looks like this

Rondo/Collison/Curry
Sefalosha/Hield/???
Ariza/Casspi/J. Anderson(?)
Cauley-Stein/R. Anderson/Acy
Cousins/draft pick/???

Then all that's left is to sign a third string SG and C (I'd love Cole Aldrich who would let the Kings draft more of a project big like Maker) to small or minimum deals and the Kings would have a good looking roster that works under the cap.
If ATL would take Gay for Teague, then I might rather have Teague than Ariza. But I realize I am fighting the hypothetical here, which my law professors always told me not to do...

... Never arrested for drugs, fighting etc.
Boogie is active in the community, a great.not good citizen. He is always involved with charities, animal shelters, food banks, for kids, Boogie just don't turn away a chance to help and lend his name and $$.
This is a huge thing. A lot of people undervalue this.

I love his game, and have been critical of his temper before. But he IS a keeper. Not just because of his skills. You don't find many players with his talent and his fire to start with, but when you add his off-court behavior and contributions, you can see how special this guy is.