"Spectacular" Kings announcers

I think Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds are among the very best announcers in the League. The provide more information than most announcers, and a few laughs.

piksi

Hall of Famer
quick dog said:
I think Grant Napear and Jerry Reynolds are among the very best announcers in the League. The provide more information than most announcers, and a few laughs.

As long as they "support" the Kings - I could not care less.Just consider all the morons running around on national television

BigWaxer said:
I actually would like to see Koze next to Grant.
The maple syrup man himself. I cannot stomach him. Not on the "showgram" or the "house party". He has no bite and no edge and it seems he tries too hard. It makes me uncomfortable. He is not too bad on radio play by play when the G-Man is doing his racing thing.
As for Grant and Jerry. I like them both. I think they compliment one another nicely. I like Grants sharpness and opinions,(unlike Kozimor) even if I don't agree with it and Jerry knows basketball and lightens things up for me when the Kings are having a bad night.
Tank is good and I like Cara too. They both know the game and can explain it in laymans terms. Perhaps they should team Cara and Tank up and get rid of Koze.....or better yet, bring Cara Bennett back.....She might not know much about basketball but....well, you know....

"lastly, I HATE Walton, so I'm with Brickie here.....a)he sucks at announcing b)he sounds like an idiot c)he's a lakers homer even tho he played most of his career w/their then rival Celts and d)he sucks at announcing"

I'm with you here, but Bill only played 3 years with the Celtics (out of 14), but that's reason enough for me to not like him.

I don't have a problem with them because they are entertaining plus they add some humors into the program. I am a huge Jerry homer....^_^
In addition, they don't have a problem giving props to other players...

They are pretty good in my eyes.

They may be homers, but I've never hear Grant or Jerry sugar-coat it when the Kings are playing like crap, and they frequently give credit where credit is due (including the opponent). There are a lot worse out there than those 2, and that includes national tv games.

Trust me when I tell you that until you have heard the New Orleans Hornets announcers, you have not heard horrible!! I actually have to mute the games when I watch them. I have listened to the Kings' games with nba inside ticket for a few seasons and while they can annoy me, all I have to do is think of the Hornets and I can EASILY deal!

SacTownKid said:
Actually compared to the Warriors announcers Grant and Jerry sound rather unbiased.
oh man those guys make me want to stab my eyes out, then rip my ears off. the young guy has THE most ANNOYING voice, and the older guy who used to play ( i think) tries to make the warriors sound like they are some finals contender when they are really a top lottery pick contender.

man i wish i could listen to grant and jerry, i know i'd enjoy them since i used to listen to grant's radio show when i could get a signal.

Id have to give the most annoying voice to Bill Walton. Not only does he say the most annoying things, but he has the most annoying voice to go along with it. He also just rags on the Kings all game. It doesnt matter if they are up by 25, he still nitpicks at anything they arent doing absolutely perfectly.

I like Grant and Jerry. It's certainly entertaining, and I could care less if other teams' fans think they are homers. Grant does tell it like it is when the Kings play one on one basketball or their defense sucks. He also will give credit when someone from team X is going off. Jerry is a hoot. SPEKTAKELUR! :)

BABY BABY BABAY...WHY DON'T YOU SWIIING ON ME? I WANT YOU BY MY SIDE, I WANT YOU 'TIL I DIIIIIE! OH, BABY BABY BABAY...WHY DON'T YOU DAY-ANCE WITH MAY?

Yeah. I can't stand those commercials. I can't stand MOST commericals. But it doesn't help that CSN only seems to have 5 that they run every break. The one with the GUY and Slamson is about 1,000,000 less bearable.

As far as Grant and Jerry (Red and White), they've been steadily declining in quality whilst steadily climbing in bitterness over the past few years. The only problem that I have with this is that people who don't know the game tend to learn from biased Grant...which leads to more uninformed whiners...there's nothing better than an objective sportscaster, in my opinion...although they are extremely rare. (RIP Chick)

The G-Man on 1140, however, is about as classy as they come...but he does have his homer moments, too.

Addendum:

House Party Live sucks as a whole. The set, the people, the theme song, the graphics, the spots they do. It all sucks. Cheap and corny. Just like all the Kings commercials are.

Koz is great on his showgram, he is actually himself, as opposed to TV. I have a lot easier time with Grant on the radio as well. Maybe it's because I don't have to look at him...he nods 80 times when it comes time for the "Jerry Remembers" segment.

OK, enough ranting...

We have a good "beat-up-the-announcers" thread every two years or so. I never cease to enjoy hammering bad announcers.

Has anyone mentioned _____. I'll eventually think of his name. He is the older black guy with an Irish name that wears pimp clothes and has a raspy voice. Houston Rockets? Can't remember.