Sorry Rick, its time for you to go!!

A

AriesMar27

you know you are a kings fan when.....

...you start a fire adelman thread after every loss, regardless of who they lose to.

KKSloga said:
Oh and Bibby, please pass the ball!!
You're kidding right?!?!?!

Mike had eight assists in 29 minutes! He made a ton of good passes that guys dropped. He set people up for open shots and they would miss. Sometimes they would pass up open shots and just give the ball back to Mike. This loss had nothing to do with Mike it was about Peja hiding from the ball, Cuttino trying to be MJ, and our big guys not fighting back.

I'm not bailing. Believe me, as a east coast fan who doesn't get to see many games on tv, I will be glued to it on Friday night. I'm not gonna quote but someone mentioned earlier that we have preseason team in the post season. That statement couldn't be more true. You can't blame RA for the experimentations he doing with the lineups. He honestly has no idea what willl work, and how could he. Not to mention, another scourned former king has been killing us in the paint. First fat tony and now mr. james.

Needless to say. I'll be in front of the big screen friday night watching.

The problem is that Adleman said all this before the series started. That's like raising the white flag before the war even started. Why not just call Nate up and tell him I have no idea how to use my players, just go ahead and walk all over us.

you know you are a kings fan when.....

...you start a fire adelman thread after every loss, regardless of who they lose to.
I don't know if that was an attempt at sarcasm but that's right....when you start a fire adelman thread that shows you're concerned about the team, the Kings. We are not adelman's fans, we are kings fans.

The thread was started not because we lost, but because of the way we lost game 1 and game 2. It didn't seem to me that RA made any adjustments from game 1.....since game 2 was a carbon copy. RA needs to go, he had his chance year after year......he failed. With the core he had in Portland and Sacramento he should've had at leat 1 ring....at least.

KKSloga said:
Well we are on the verge of being eliminated by a inferior team to us for the 4th straight year and this time Rick should be fired. He has absolutely no control over this team and it is pathetic. Watching Bibby and Mobely continually going one on one against the entire Sonic team without moving the ball around was pathetic. This is a team sport and plays need to be run.

For Adelman to just sit there and watch that while we may have made 20 total passes in the third quarter really reflects what type of a coach he is when the going gets tough. He needs to make a few adjustments and we will see if he is capable of it!

Oh and Bibby, please pass the ball!!

Um, Hate to break it to you but SEA is a better team than us this year (record/seed/Div champs.) Minny was better last year. Dallas was better in 03 because we didn't have Webb and the Lakers were a championship team in 02 so you can't say we were or are better than any of those teams.

Plus, to blame Adelman on Bibby and Cat's one on one play and then to beg Bibby to pass the ball is a contradiction.

adelman is a great regular season coach. and this year has been extremely tough with all the new players. i will give him credit for getting 50 wins with everything that has happened. i just don't think he posseses some of the skills needed to guide a team to a championship. obviously this years team is not a championship caliber team. but the previous 3 squads have had the talent. adelman IMHO is not a motivater. there hasn't been any fire in his eyes since 2002. maybe it's because of game 6 and/or the continual string of bad luck that plaques the kings. who knows. but i do agree that it is time for a change at the start of next season. i like rick, i think he's a good guy and if most of the fans are content with 50+ wins and an early playoff exit, then by all means RA is your guy. if we want to try and reach the ultimate goal then it is probably time for a change. what do we have to lose?? we've already gotten rid of most of the team that was in the WCF, so why not the coach??

What more do you guys want from Rick? Larry Bird is not walking through that door. . .

No, but seriously, I would not be surprised to see him resign if this team does not make major changes. I doubt that they are very fun to coach right now. But, there's not much else he can do. Petrie has not given him the pieces to be successful this year, or the past couple years for that matter. This squad is as much, if not more, Petrie's faulty talent evaluation than Adelman's coaching. Rick cannot force grown men to care about winning. That is internal.

Can we please stop blaming Rick? this forum bashed Bibby after the first game and now its Rick. STOP IT! if your gonna blame someone, blame the whole team, not one person in particular. the Kings are a TEAM if one person takes the blame, everyone takes the blame as well.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I find most of the annual "fire Adleman" threads are the result of the same set of factors every time:

1) people going over the top as fans, letting it effect their objectivity, and getting delusional about every incarnation of the Kings being the greatest thing since sliced bread;

2) people not watching the rest of the league and having no respect for the talent and abilities of the other top teams out there;

3) people of course never having coached anything and failing to take into account injuries, turnover or a thousand other factors mitigating against success (you do NOT turn over half the team midseason and get devastated by injuries and have major players come back in the middle of the playoffs and do anything. EVER. Not in this league. Don't care who's the coach.)

4) and occasionally, and this is a small subset but it pops up here and there from quarters, by various player fans looking for a scapegoat for why their guy isn't good enough to get it done.

Only rarely to we have a decent discussion about tactics, other realsitically available coaches etc. Normally its a panic response based on a fan's disappointment -- I'm upset, let's find a scapegoat and fire him!!

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
I find most of the annual "fire Adleman" threads are the result of the same set of factors every time:

1) people going over the top as fans, letting it effect their onbjectivtiy, and getting delusional about every incarnation of the Kings being the greatest thing since sliced bread;

2) people not watching the rest of the league and having no respect for the talent and abilities of the other top teams out there;

3) people of course never having coached anything and failing to take into account injuries, turnover or a thousand other factors mitigating against success (you do NOT turn ove half the team midseason and get devastated by injuries and have major playoffs come back in the middle of the playoffs and do anything. EVER. Not in this league. Don't care who's the coach.)

4) and occasionally, and this is a small subset but it pops up here and there from quarters, by various player fans looking for a scapegoat for why their guy isn't good enough to get it done.

Only rarely to we have a decent discussion about tactics, other realsitically available coaches etc. Normally its a panic response based on a fan's disappointment -- I'm upset, let's find a scapegoat and fire him!!
Very well said, I agree.

Fortunately we have a great GM. Petrie made some tough decisions, he got what could for Christie and Webber before it was too late. Don't forget that Petrie was the one who built this time almost from scratch. I have full confidence in his ability to turn this team into a championship contender very soon.

RA is a king, just a much as the players are kings. in fact, i'm sure he puts more time into this team than each individual player does. Let them finish the season. Reevaluate our position and then make a decision. Why "fire" our coach before he takes this team on another amazing ride. It could happen. I'm guessing it won't, but who knows.

Welcome to ARCO. F' the Key Arena. Ring those cow bells for those of us who can't attend.

teamdimechampionship said:
You're kidding right?!?!?!

Mike had eight assists in 29 minutes! He made a ton of good passes that guys dropped. He set people up for open shots and they would miss. Sometimes they would pass up open shots and just give the ball back to Mike. This loss had nothing to do with Mike it was about Peja hiding from the ball, Cuttino trying to be MJ, and our big guys not fighting back.
Yup i have to agree with you. Mike to me was the least of our problems. Peja need to want the ball beucase hes the best shooter on our team. Cat i hate to say it, but everytime you get the ball in your hands i get nervous cause i feel like your going to do someting stupid. and about rick, well i dont know about you anymore, i'm still thinking about this one....

Last edited:
this thread is so full of ****, pee, and vinegar that its depressing.

adelman is not to blame for 2 straight playoff losses on the road. the simple fact of the matter is that the kings have not been a good road team all season. if i were a betting man (and i'm not), i would say the kings win the next 2 games, both of which are at arco, and they will look like the prolific offensive team that they are. why do people think the kings have all of a sudden changed? they havent. they are still the wildly inconsistent team that they have been for the past coupla months. when they start playing like its the playoffs, then they might win a coupla games. i think the arco crowd will show them playoff atmosphere, and they'll kick it into gear. that doesnt mean i think they'll win the series, cuz they wont. they cannot seem to pull their heads out of their asses on the road long enough to pull off a victory against a struggling 3 seed (who ended the season only 2 games up on the kings, if i remember correctly.) the kings need to start playing playoff basketball. they need to kick it into high gear. adelman should be commended for working with what he's got. ya wanna know what he's got? he's got a starting 5 who has never played together, 2 players coming off injury in the past week, and an uncohesive team overall that is playing without energy. the playoffs is the wrong time to be worried about your team gelling, yet adelman is forced to do so cuz his guys havent played together. with that said, the kings still need to play with some heart. they're getting embarassed out there by a guy they cut. please, show some intensity. when they believe in thyemselves again, they will win. that may not happen this season....

1. Petrie would seemingly never fire Adleman

2. Bibby had something like 7 assists in the first half.

3. McMillian has clearly outcoached Adleman thus far.

swisshh said:
1. Petrie would seemingly never fire Adleman

2. Bibby had something like 7 assists in the first half.

I think it's more like the Sonic players have just outplayed the Kings players so far. It's not Adelman's fault that Bibby was cold in game 1, the Mobley is a ballhog, that Peja is scared to be the man, that guys are too undersized, that no one, not even the 7'1" Ostertag can stop James.... etc.

RA finally found a good combo that played hard and played together to give the team a nice 4th quarter run last night. What are the RA critics going to say next; that RA should've started House, Jackson, Evans, Songaila, and SKinner??

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
swisshh said:
Really? One wonders what Nate has done that has been so magnificent. Simply losing does not equate to being outcoached.

The truth people seem to want find ways around is that Nate's players have simply outplayed Rick's players. And of course that leads to the truth that people REALLY don't want to face -- Nate's players might be BETTER than Rick's players.

The Sonics play a simple game -- their inside guys outwork and outhustle you, and then Ray and whoever else might be on on that given day chuck in shots from outside. If they miss, no biggee, because their bigs will go get the misses. Nothing complex there, and largely dependant on the players -- if they are hitting their shots, and the inside guys are thrashing around, they look good. If they miss their shots or the inside guys lack energy, they look not so good. Nate's not beating us. Reggie Evans and Jerome James and Ray Allen are.

Bricklayer said:
The truth people seem to want find ways around is that Nate's players have simply outplayed Rick's players. And of course that leads to the truth that people REALLY don't want to face -- Nate's players might be BETTER than Rick's players.
Nate's players won only two more games than Rick's players during the regular season. I don't think Sonics squad is much better than the Kings'. It is just a simple fact that Nate outcoached Rick in the last two games.

Team Dime said:
I think it's more like the Sonic players have just outplayed the Kings players so far. It's not Adelman's fault that Bibby was cold in game 1, the Mobley is a ballhog, that Peja is scared to be the man, that guys are too undersized, that no one, not even the 7'1" Ostertag can stop James.... etc.

RA finally found a good combo that played hard and played together to give the team a nice 4th quarter run last night. What are the RA critics going to say next; that RA should've started House, Jackson, Evans, Songaila, and SKinner??
If you watched last nights game, you would have noticed the sonics picking up 1 or 2 offensive rebounds with about 2 minutes left and them up 8 or 9. What do they do? A well coached team takes that offensive rebound and uses up the entire shotclock, even if it means a violation. Rashard ends up quickshooting a brick and it's Kings ball. I'm sure Nate was upset, but that was a serious flaw in their late game execution. I don't think either coach has done that great.

Mike gets like half our assists some games. Obviously, for some people, if they're not assists to Peja, then they don't count. In fact, Mike is our ONLY reliable passer at this point with Brad still recovering.

RA doesn't need any more people to defend him, as far as I'm concerned. It's a minor miracle that we're even in the postseason.

forza kings said:
Nate's players won only two more games than Rick's players during the regular season. I don't think Sonics squad is much better than the Kings'. It is just a simple fact that Nate outcoached Rick in the last two games.
Simple, yes. Fact, no.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Nate's players might be BETTER than Rick's players.

They might play better at this moment because they have a better rythm but talentwise they are most definitely not better than our players. Unfortunately,talent alone does not win games

D

Double E

piksi said:
They might play better at this moment because they have a better rythm but talentwise they are most definitely not better than our players. Unfortunately,talent alone does not win games
Given their 5-1 record against us this season, I can see they carry their rythem for awhile....no, wait they sucked the last bit of the season, so its not rythem as you say....You made need to bring your expectations back to Earth and relaize that since the CW trade, we are not the team talent wise that we used to be. Seattle is probably better. Next year, when we trade away some of our less inspired and less capable players, we will be better the the Sonics once again.

mr. moustache said:
If you watched last nights game, you would have noticed the sonics picking up 1 or 2 offensive rebounds with about 2 minutes left and them up 8 or 9. What do they do? A well coached team takes that offensive rebound and uses up the entire shotclock, even if it means a violation. Rashard ends up quickshooting a brick and it's Kings ball. I'm sure Nate was upset, but that was a serious flaw in their late game execution. I don't think either coach has done that great.
I totally disagree. Part of the reason we got back in the game was that the Sonics were trying to use the whole shot-clock. They either got violations or threw up garbage at the buzzer.

I say use up a few seconds, then take the first good shot. I'm surprised how many times NBA teams wait to long to take a shot and end up forcing a prayer.

mr. moustache said:
Sometimes it's the players and style of play. Example: how Bobby plays; he's not the type of guy who's going to use the shot clock alot, he's more likely to jack it up with the first open look he gets, just like House does. If a team has those kinds of players, there's only so much the coach can do to curb that kind of play.

And you can stop with the sarcasm. Of course I watched last nights game, you don't have to talk to me like I'm a kid. I think everyone on this board watched last nights game, so there's no need to ask if someone watched the game. I even have proof that I watched it, check the game thread, I made a comment after almost every play.

forza kings said:
How many other coaches could lead a team to 50 wins despite 2 team altering trades, major injuries, and a general unfamiliarity of playing together as a team?