Sorry Rick, its time for you to go!!

Well we are on the verge of being eliminated by a inferior team to us for the 4th straight year and this time Rick should be fired. He has absolutely no control over this team and it is pathetic. Watching Bibby and Mobely continually going one on one against the entire Sonic team without moving the ball around was pathetic. This is a team sport and plays need to be run.

For Adelman to just sit there and watch that while we may have made 20 total passes in the third quarter really reflects what type of a coach he is when the going gets tough. He needs to make a few adjustments and we will see if he is capable of it!

Oh and Bibby, please pass the ball!!

Inferior? Since when. The only time they might have been inferior is when Vlade and Rashard were out. Since they are not out they played like a better team all year long than the Kings.

Then again I haven't seen Kings basketball all series long.

D

Double E

KKSloga said:
Well we are on the verge of being eliminated by a inferior team to us for the 4th straight year and this time Rick should be fired. He has absolutely no control over this team and it is pathetic. Watching Bibby and Mobely continually going one on one against the entire Sonic team without moving the ball around was pathetic. This is a team sport and plays need to be run.

For Adelman to just sit there and watch that while we may have made 20 total passes in the third quarter really reflects what type of a coach he is when the going gets tough. He needs to make a few adjustments and we will see if he is capable of it!

1) Inferior teams are the lower seed. Last time I checked the Kings are the 6th seed.

2) You expect a cohesive passing unit when the whole roster has been turned over in 12 months. That is too much to ask any coach.

To add a Bibby dig in the end, further invalidated everything you spewed.

Double E said:
1) Inferior teams are the lower seed. Last time I checked the Kings are the 6th seed.

2) You expect a cohesive passing unit when the whole roster has been turned over in 12 months. That is too much to ask any coach.

To add a Bibby dig in the end, further invalidated everything you spewed.
Yes but you can run plays and simple pick and rolls. Listen the Kings were scoring 120 points per game a week ago and now they are struggling. That is because they are not running their offense instead are trying to be individual superstars. I am sorry that you are to blind to see it but it is the reality and anyone with an iota of basketball knowledge can see it.

And this is the playoffs, where D is played. In the 2 games following Peja's injury we scored 98 and 82 (last Phx game DOESNT count). Seattle without Vlade, Portland and the Lakers all are terrible defensive teams. Cleveland isnt that good and we got smoked by Detroit. Kings basketball isn't existant, but I don't know if that's exactly Rick's fault.

The last 3 Kings playoff games(going back to game 7 against Minny) the Kings have played with absolutely ZERO passion. I point this out because really the only people left from those games are Bibby, Miller, Peja and Adelman. Anyone think Bibby, Miller and Peja will be going anywhere???

Brad tried to play hard but got into foul trouble. When exactly is an elbow to the face by James, a foul on us is beyond me especially when they called minimal shooting fouls on our players going to the hoop and getting hit hard. Ah......I hate playing the Sonics, they kill us from the Line, rebounding is big, but free throws are destroying us and are the difference in both games.

bigbadred00 said:
Brad tried to play hard but got into foul trouble. When exactly is an elbow to the face by James, a foul on us is beyond me especially when they called minimal shooting fouls on our players going to the hoop and getting hit hard. Ah......I hate playing the Sonics, they kill us from the Line, rebounding is big, but free throws are destroying us and are the difference in both games.
I didn't quite get that call on Miller. He was holding his ground and James lowers his shoulder into Brad's chin and Brad gets called for the foul???

Officiating hasn't lost these last 2 games for the Kings but the calls have been really bad. Sonics are the aggressors and are getting to the free throw line and the Kings basically are settling for jumpers because when they do go to the rack they aren't getting a call. I would expect the calls to go in the Kings favor the next 2 games.

Ryle-The only disparaging thing is the Free throws. Yes they are cutting but so are we. We can't finish either. God make an f'in dunk Peja. The Mobley dunk attempt I understand James was there but Peja come on bubby, Dunk that ball :(.

Last edited:
Obviously this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I can name several times where Bibby dished the ball off when he was penetrating but Thomas couldn't keep a hold of the ball. I know Mobley is guilty of going one on one a lot. Especially when he forces the situation. Bibby on the other hand you cannot blame. Sure he is not shooting all that well but he has tried to carry this to team. And another point when was the last time you see Peja get more rebounds then points. That should tell you what type of game this was.

mike and peja have been playing for some years now on the premier passing team in the league. this allowed for the bigs to make passes to open shooters. and in turn opened up the back door cut. unfortuntely, the skill of the team has diminished in this department. our bigs don't have a handle. we are now left with mike and peja either creating their own shot or running off of screens only to receive a poor pass from a less prepared big(i know brad can pass but he's no cwebb and certainly not vlade). pete carrill runs an offense for thinking players. a movement offense with intricate screens and schemes. our team is not equipped to run this offense anymore. it's not ricks fault. you play the hand you're dealt. believe me, i'm not an adelman sympathizer; but he's not had these players all that long and the experience as a team is lacking. I hate to say it, but i feel like we're rebuilding again.

we're rebuilding right now. you don't move what 8 of the 12 members from last years team out if your not quote on quote rebuilding. for a quote on quote rebuilding year we still won 50 games. we haven't been healthy, we haven't played together. did Kenny and Brad ever play together. I honestly can't remember, they look like they haven't. It's hard to integrate so many parts together especially against a very good and now, very healthy Seattle team. Who has played together for a majority of the last 5 months? Peja and Bibby and I guess Mobley. Brad's and Bobby have been hurt, we added Skinner, Corliss and Thomas and I guess you can include Evans, tag hasn't played much. Songalia I guess you can add to. We are trying to do the pre-season when it's the post-season, most times those things never work. Look at the Nets, they added Jefferson after winning what 11 of 13 going into the playoffs, they are getting destroyed by the Heat. We aren't any different, we are struggling and it's obvious we haven't played like a team throughout the series. Teams win titles, individuals don't. We need a little high post offence, a lot more passing and will win a couple of games. Hopefully they learn that in game 3, rather than having to wait until the offseason.

KKSloga said:
Well we are on the verge of being eliminated by a inferior team to us for the 4th straight year and this time Rick should be fired.
Reality check.

The Sonics are better than the Kings this year. How many times do they have to whoop on us before some people realize that?
Last year, the T'Wolves were better than the Kings too. Did you forget the way they repeatedly came into ARCO and out-executed out in 4th quarters?
In '03 with Webber injured and Bibby playing mediocre basketball, the Mavs were the better team. This isn't even debateable. We destroyed them in the first game and then after that, they took 4 of the next 6 and two of their wins weren't even very close.

People have to let go of the idea of the Kings as title contenders. It's been over two years. Good teams don't go down by 20+ on the regular. The Kings are average. They closed out the season playing close to .500 and right now they're getting handled the way a .500 team does when they go into a division champ's building.

hurley said:
mike and peja have been playing for some years now on the premier passing team in the league. this allowed for the bigs to make passes to open shooters. and in turn opened up the back door cut. unfortuntely, the skill of the team has diminished in this department. our bigs don't have a handle. we are now left with mike and peja either creating their own shot or running off of screens only to receive a poor pass from a less prepared big(i know brad can pass but he's no cwebb and certainly not vlade). pete carrill runs an offense for thinking players. a movement offense with intricate screens and schemes. our team is not equipped to run this offense anymore. it's not ricks fault. you play the hand you're dealt. believe me, i'm not an adelman sympathizer; but he's not had these players all that long and the experience as a team is lacking. I hate to say it, but i feel like we're rebuilding again.
i understand your post. but i know that miller is almost as good as webber when it comes to passing. our offense is still the same. we have darius and miller who can both recieve the passes in the high post and shoot the 15 footer. with that said, we may not be as great of a passing team, BUT IM GETTING TIRED OF THIS GOING "THROUGH THE MOTIONS" CRAP. IF WE CAN'T GET EASY SCORES, GET DOWN AND PLAY SOME FREAKIN DEFENSE. HOW LAZY DO WE LOOK OUT THERE?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
LOL, yup someone set the "Blame Thrower" on high. Now the #3 seed team that beat the Kings 3-4 games this season is an inferior team. Sorry kids at the end of the season this board was crawing with underachiver treads hoping for enough LOSSES to play Seatle and avoid Dallas. (Andd yes the "I was worng thread could start any day now) Seatle may be beatable, but the temporay Kings line line up is not showing it has the tallent, never mind the dicipline and practice together to do so. And now folks want to balme the coach? If I were 20, I'd say "Whatever."

Amen....

*stands up and claps vigorously*

Rick looks lost on the bench, he doesn't have control over the team....

With the core he had in Portland and with the Kigns....how could you not have won at least one championship...

Rick is not a good Playoff coach...and please save your statistics, look at the core that we had!!

I agree. Maybe I should become a Nuggets fan just because they changed their coach and that seemed to juice up the intensity for them. After all, they beat the Spurs and not the Sonics on their home floor. Whats funny is that the Nuggets don't have a superstar on their team either, Carmello is the closest, but hes only been in the league 2 years. How the hell do you decide to "try" in the fourth after slowly getting blown out for 25 points is beyond me, little too late boys, little too late.

Now the #3 seed team that beat the Kings 3-4 games this season is an inferior team.
Sorry to break it to you, while Seattle is not an inferior team, they are definitely definitely not much better then us. They limped into the post season, open your eyes!!

I won't throw statistics at you but I will say that you may not think he's a good playoff coach, but the fact is, if not for Rick we would not have been in the playoffs to begin with. I don't care what anyone says...we still have a chance to pull off something good...and I'm not gonna bail when things start to look bad, I'm just not that kind of fan...

I'm not gonna bail either, I still believe that we can win this thing, but the pressure is on us now..........we HAVE TO win the next two games, we lose one.....game over.

THe thing is we could've won at least one in seattle with the way we were able to come back both times......but where was the intensity for the first 3 quarters??

A part of coach's job is to motivate your team.....make sure they know these are the Playoffs and they can't sleep walk out there. Both games were virtual carbon copies.....where were the adjustments in game 2???

Last edited:
Do you think this is the same Seattle team that won 3 of 11 games to end the season. Please. If you think that your foolish. They do have a good bench but without Rashard and Vlade they don't have much. Now there back, and now there good again. Sonics are a good team, a quote on quote better team. I don't mind losing to them.

Denver has played out of their minds. But the same thing could no have been done with the Kings Roster especially with the Trades, PFFFTT. Many were picking Denver to be a High Seed in the West before the season started and the under performed under Bzedelik. Same can not be said with the Kings, some picked them to win the "easy" Pacific but that's about it. Noone picked the Kings to be favorites and most said our window of oppurtunity was over before the season even began because of the Peja situation during the offseason. Do you honestly thing you bring in Karl and he'll be able to win with a lineup consisting of Skinner, Thomas and company. Please. Maybe if we had Brad healthy you would have an argument. Adelman who I'm pretty indifferent about did a great job considering all the Factors. We won 50 f'in games for god sakes and you people can't take the fact that we are being beat by a superior team that is not only healthy but played better than us for the first 60 games by a large margin.

I guess some of you guys are just spoiled, personally after the trades earlier this year I didn't expect all that much and I am happy we made the playoffs and we have a shot albeit a small one to make the 2nd round. We won 5 less games than last year with a better team, Adelman has worked wonders with honestly a less than stellar roster this year. If healthy I believe the rebuilding will be quicker rather than slower. We do have pieces and some very good ones.

Next year if we keep the same lineup we could be a force. If we don't we could also compete. As I've said repeatedly I'd rather have a guy like Hughes than Mobley although I like Mobley ALOT. But honestly if we can practice for the whole pre-season and off-season and teach the components we have Kings basketball, I think we can play great next year. We have more toughness at the 4/5 then we started with and as much as I hate saying it (I'm A HUGE WEBBER FAN), we don't have Webber's knee any more. We need to get back to BASICS, f-this 1 on 1 stuff were doing and go back to passing. I saw glimpses of it early this year with Thomas and I know Brad has it in him. GO KINGS!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
BullKing said:
Sorry to break it to you, while Seattle is not an inferior team, they are definitely definitely not much better then us. They limped into the post season, open your eyes!!
As opposed to the Kings who blazed their way in to the play offs? Your right I guess I missed that.

BullKing said:
The limped without Vlade and Rashard for many games. With those 2 healthy, they are the same team that destroyed us 5 games into the season.

It's All Webber's... err... Adelman's Fault!

Here we go again, talk of firing the coach.

What I struggle with are the posts that suggest Adelman looks lost and isn't coaching the team good enough!

Of course he's lost! So am I. Just who are these guys on the court donning purple jerseys? They are more inconsistent than the weather forecast!

What I saw last night was a coach playing all 12 of his players to find some semblance of a pulse. And when he finally found it, the Kings fate was already sealed.

Fire the coach? Perhaps. But perhaps it's also time to look at the GM of this team as well...

Last edited:
KKSloga said:

Since when was the 3rd seed an inferior team over the 6th seed. Delusional.

I've now watched 4 games at the Key Arena this year and the Kings haven't even won 1. They're clearly the favorite. By this logic Atlanta's going to win the championship.

Last edited:
Of course he's lost! So am I. Just who are these guys on the court donning purple jerseys? They are more inconsistent than the weather forecast!
well, you and I could be lost that's easily justified......but you know your team is in trouble when your head coach is lost and can't get his guys to play the way he wants. It's time to go Rick, lets give someone else a chance of running the team see what they can do. Look at Denver, a coaching change did wonders for that team. It might not work in our case, but you have to give it a shot.

this is no time to be jumping off the bridge guys! we still got guaranteed two games left in this series. we should be making the most of it and encouraging our guys, rather than point out their every mistake and suggest we fire the coach. i know this is a website where we can express our feelings, but the least we can do is support our guys. that is what the best fans in sports do right?