[SAS/NOH] - who will Bowen injure now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VF, you honestly think that if they pass the Spurs, they'll be humiliated by the Celtics ?
Do I think it? It's not about thinking. It's about lighting candles, finding four-leaf clovers, making offerings to the great God Naismith and doing everything else I possibly can.

But, having said that, I think the Celtics can rise to the occasion. What I've seen for the most part from them seems to be a team playing to the level of their competition.

I'm actually more concerned about the Celtics getting past the Pistons, but that's a discussion for the Boston/Detroit thread.

:)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
The only interest I have in seeing the Celtics at this point is a slightly morbid fascination with finding out whether they can actually go 7-7-7-7 to the championship.

And to see whether Walter Ray is going to find whichever suitcase he left his game in.

The game was lost well before the 4th quarter. Hornets couldn't do a thing to get out of the slump. Pargo was out of control but at least he gave them some sort of chance. Everyone else looked scared ****less!
Byron Scott didn't control the game throughout. David West and Chris Paul were never involved in the game, and Peja never even got any looks down the stretch. Pargo was runnin' and gunnin' all by himself, virtually grabbing the ball out of Chandler's hands after the rebound and darting down court to take the Spurs on one-on-five.

And Chris Paul didn't step up and shut Pargo down, like he has the reputation of doing.

That might have something to do with the fact that he has very little game to start with. Sure, when he's on fire he's an excellent weapon...but that tends to happen about every 10-15 games or so...although I do think that he should have been used more tonight, given that everyone out there sucked.
coolhandluke said:
Bonzi retired two years ago, why would anyone want to play him? Can't hit an open layup, can't post up, can't shoot, can't defend -- the only thing he can do is rebound or give the occasional tough foul. Scott made the mistake of giving minutes to Bonzi and Peja that could be better served by playing Julian Wright.
You guys are nuts.

Put the ball in Bonzi's hands in the post with Bowen guarding him, or anyone else on the Spurs under 6'10", and he'll open up your entire offense. Not only can none of the Spurs swingmen not stop him down there, but he can pass out of the double team and get your shooters open with a couple of passes.

You just have to know how to use him and how to get him involved in the offense. It won't always be flashy and pretty the way that some basketball fans need it to be in order to be impressed, with all the pomp and circumstance, but it's effective.

I'd have figured that Byron Scott would have learned that in his couple years here with Rick Adelman. I guess not, and it's too bad, because this is the kind of game that you can throw a guy like Bonzi in there in and really dictate the tempo. Instead, Scott decided to live and die with Jannero F. Pargo of all people.

If we ever make the playoffs again, I guess we'll ride Quincy Douby in Game 7.

I never really hated the Lakers, even when we had the rivalry going. I hated the fact that they would get all the calls and we wouldn't, but they can't really help that.

"You don't go from not making the playoffs to winning a championship. It just doesn't work that way ... We're headed in the right direction."

-- Hornets coach Byron Scott, on his team taking a huge step this season toward winning a title

looks like someone else agreed with Slim's take on "paying your dues."

"You don't go from not making the playoffs to winning a championship. It just doesn't work that way ... We're headed in the right direction."

-- Hornets coach Byron Scott, on his team taking a huge step this season toward winning a title

looks like someone else agreed with Slim's take on "paying your dues."
You're a little late with that one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.