Sacramento F Kings

I haven't been this excited in a very very long time. This isn't a strike at IT or any of our past players/coaches, but we NEVER win these types of games. Usually if we go to OT I will immediately mark it down as a loss. Never had heart, will, or the desire like we do now. The thing is there is so much we can be better at, but yet we are 5-1 having beat 2 very good teams, 1 good team, and 1 team that is decent twice. Our only loss is to the hottest team in the league. I cannot be more proud of the team and I have to give props to coach Malone. I doubted him on several occasions, but he is the man that is getting the most out of this team.

Dont get too far ahead of ourselves. I will not actually be surprised if we are 6-4 after the spurs game but am hoping and honestly think we could be 7-3. It will be hard to beat very good dallas and memphis teams on the road but I hope we can pull one of those out of the bag.

7-1 by the end of the spurs game? Who's with me???
Well...As far as I understand, 2nd night of a b2b, that is also 4th game in 5 days automatically means, that Duncan and Ginobili are rested, Bellinelli is out for a week at least and Splitter is d2d. Gotta take care of Thunder first though: Grizzlies walked the game today in OKC and had some trouble finishing them off.
Edit: forgot about Grizz and Mavs in between and these two are not going to be a walk in the park, and most likely 2Ls, so 7-3 would be my expectation.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Dont get too far ahead of ourselves. I will not actually be surprised if we are 6-4 after the spurs game but am hoping and honestly think we could be 7-3. It will be hard to beat very good dallas and memphis teams on the road but I hope we can pull one of those out of the bag.
Don't get too far ahead of ourselves? Why not? Fan is short for FANATIC. It's our job. It's what we do. I mentioned this in another thread but people need to enjoy every single freaking moment of this new Kings team. We need to be giddy with excitement and silly. We need to share our joy with other Kings fans at every opportunity.

There are tons of analytical threads devoted to pointing out strengths and weaknesses, etc. Once in a while you just have to kick off your shoes and dance til your feet fall off. This is one of those times.

#TeamPride #TeamHeart #TeamKINGS

I LOVE THIS TEAM!

All these crazy stats, first 5 game winning streak in almost 10 years, 15 years since a 5-1 start, almost 20 years since we opened up 3-0 on the road, AND we're playing respectable western conference teams. Those kind of things just don't happen to bad teams. I'm starting to believe we aren't just falling into these wins. This team just might be for real

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
We were at the game and just didn't see this coming. Gritty defense vs. rock n roll offense from everywhere on the court happened but I can't tell you what specifically happened that kept the Kings in the game and carried them thru 2 OT's. They did it and we watched and saw some big time gritty defense play the had not been seen in more rhan 12-13 years. But it surprised every Kings fan there.

It's great to see some excitement back in Sacramento! I work at a brewery/restaurant while going to school and there was a large crowd of people watching the kings tonight. Something I haven't seen in many years. It was great. Everyone erupted in cheers once we won the game. I just pray that we don't fall too hard when/if this season hits a rough patch.

K

KingMilz

I wonder if having a tough early season schedule is a blessing in disguise since most the teams are not in "mid season" form where as we sort of are with half the roster playing all off season, bythe time we reach mid season we will be playing more of the weaker teams so it could actually benefit us in the long run.