[Game] Rockets @ Kings - Tuesday, Dec. 15 - 7 PST, 10 EST

If only DMC wasn't injured early in the season....
Agreed, but I still think we could have found a way to sneak in a couple more wins. Either way we are currently 1 game out of the 8th spot (in a somewhat ironic fashion, it is now held by Mike Malone and the Nuggets) and 1.5 games out of the 7th spot.

He played well in certain aspects today and was a big part of our win, but 29 turnovers as a team? The difference between Collison and Rondo is in control of the game. Collison just doesn't have that aspect. I would say he would be great as our 6th man, but can he be (long term) when he and Rondo do not mesh well on the court? That's for another thread though!

A win is a win and I will always take a win!
You also have to give Collison a break, he was much better at controlling games last season as the full time starter. He may not be great at it but I will chalk up most of tonight due to going from scoring punch off the bench to being asked to lead the offense, he grew into it as the game went on.

You also have to give Collison a break, he was much better at controlling games last season as the full time starter. He may not be great at it but I will chalk up most of tonight due to going from scoring punch off the bench to being asked to lead the offense, he grew into it as the game went on.
They are different type of players that's all I was saying. Collison has a gift in that he can be a lot of different types of PG, a sort of jack of all trades. Solid D, solid shooting, solid playmaking (most of the time), and a solid scorer. A great player to have off the bench. He did well tonight and I am grateful for his efforts in the win.

Except Koufos/WCS = NO spacing at all.

But still, whatever wins. The point is to get back in the playoff hunt right now, not try to win a title overnight.
There are certainly questions that will be asked when WCS comes back but one thing I will say is I like the defensive versatility we have when Ben, Omri, and Rudy play together, especially with the switching scheme Karl uses. I would say Casspi has earned a 30+ minute a night role from the projected 20-25 minutes most would have projected before the season. If we keep winning there would be no reason for Karl to change the formula either for a rookie that changes that starting units identity.

Happy we got a nice winning streak started, hopefully they'll keep it going on the road. Sloppy game tonight, but Houston is an absolute mess right now so didn't cost us.

I'd like to see the Kings close out the month going at least 4-3; 5-2 I would be ecstatic. The GS game I consider an automatic loss, Toronto and Indiana are good, the other games are very winnable.

I

Im Still Ballin

Hopefully George learns that Rondo and Collison can both be effective, if they don't play with eachother. Why can't we just go a little deeper and give Curry some minutes, and drop DC and Rondo's minutes slightly. There is a way all of them can win and we can win games.

Hopefully George learns that Rondo and Collison can both be effective, if they don't play with eachother. Why can't we just go a little deeper and give Curry some minutes, and drop DC and Rondo's minutes slightly. There is a way all of them can win and we can win games.
Only problem is Collison just put up 14-13-7 yet has to come off the bench :/

Great win tonight.

Every time the game felt like it was inching towards a late game run by Houston, we'd get a big 3 by either Casspi or Belinelli. Even though it was a sloppy game for both teams, we found a way to hold onto the lead against a guy who has absolutely torched us for years now. Proud of this teams progress.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait a minute. I was just reading one of the articles about Andrew Rogers' and it said that George Karl got called for a technical during the game???? Why didn't any of you tell me? I've been waiting for this!

Casspi is playing spectacular ball right now. At the level he is in right now he could start for a lot of NBA teams. I don't see him losing the starting job when WCS comes back either, he has found great chemistry with the starters. It will be much easier to just bring WCS off the bench and let him be a defensive X factor bringing energy.
I agree. His shooting has been very solid. He is the Kings fast break most of the time. He gives very nice passes (Yes, I noticed the TOs, buy still). He is above average rebounder who can get boards also in the offensive end. His defense is not perfect, but he is among the few Kings who can D on the perimeter as well. Well worth his money. A very good signing by Vlade.

Casspi is playing spectacular ball right now. At the level he is in right now he could start for a lot of NBA teams. I don't see him losing the starting job when WCS comes back either, he has found great chemistry with the starters. It will be much easier to just bring WCS off the bench and let him be a defensive X factor bringing energy.
Remember when fans were sick of Karl and his small ball lineups ;)

I

Im Still Ballin

Casspi seems to be versatile and tough enough to not be a negative at the 4. He's certainly got the size to play it. I think he just has a different style to Rudy to perhaps works a little better as that small ball 4. Both Casspi and Gay are both well away PF bodies anyways. Casspi is a player that I think lots of teams highly value now. He's a very effective/efficient player. He never dominates a possession, true to Karl's system he either shoots, drives or passes... Never really delays a possession. I'm liking him more and more as a starter