Predict Win Total 2014/15

Predict Win Total for 2014/15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Without Boogie getting sick, who knows where we would have ended up?

The assumptions playing into this were generally (on my behalf anyways) that Malone was the coach and the season would not have any significant injuries (or illnesses, which are rare) to our major players. We had one that allowed the other to take place, unfortunately. I think if Boogie was healthy Malone would likely have been the coach all year.

Without Boogie getting sick, who knows where we would have ended up?

The assumptions playing into this were generally (on my behalf anyways) that Malone was the coach and the season would not have any significant injuries (or illnesses, which are rare) to our major players. We had one that allowed the other to take place, unfortunately. I think if Boogie was healthy Malone would likely have been the coach all year.
We'd be getting swept by GS but also putting the fear of god in teams as we would be the team of the future. Set up by have a franchise player and coach for the next 10years.

Sickening how we all thought 50 games was the 8th seed and it took 46 games.

Nice retrospective...I was very skeptical about the roster and actually saw it weaker going into the season w/ IT gone and DC in. Thus predicted 21-25 wins due to an improved and competitive western conference.

Malone more than had this roster outperforming expectations, Karl slightly above, but I still think we fielded a 25 win team.

We have very limited assets going into this offseason, and the league knows it. Well, we might be able to fool Billy King or Ernie Grunfield. Regardless, it's going to take miracles to improve this team into being competitive (35+ wins) unless we draft extremely well and get decent return on our current set of assets (SGs, JT/TopHat, DC looking at you). As I always have been as a masochistic Kings fan, I'm hopeful and believe in miracles.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
If Boogie stays healthy and plays 72+ games (Rudy, Ben and Nik too) AND Kings draft Willy Cauley-Stein AND he lives up to his abilities as the Rim Protector and rebounder, then my pick is 45 games. Karl has most of the pieces, a few FA's and team buying into his style of play and WHAM!!!

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I had them at 27 due to the lack of talent at the time, but it was the Malone circus that made my prediction almost spot on.
Same here. If you'd told me at the start of the season that Cousins would have the kind of season he did (MVP in every way except wins), Rudy Gay would not regress but in fact play even better than he did in his first stint here, and Collison would outshine even the most optimistic predictions in his third go-round as a starter... and we still finish the season with 29 wins I would have said that's impossible. I thought we'd already seen every possible way that you can finish a season with less than 30 wins and still feel (mistakenly?) optimistic about the future and yet here we are again. So , uh, 7th times a charm I guess? :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Boogie stays healthy and plays 72+ games (Rudy, Ben and Nik too) AND Kings draft Willy Cauley-Stein AND he lives up to his abilities as the Rim Protector and rebounder, then my pick is 45 games. Karl has most of the pieces, a few FA's and team buying into his style of play and WHAM!!!
Um CD? This thread is about last year's predictions. :p